The VG Resource
Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Pokémon Model Ripping Project (/thread-25872.html)

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Lilothestitch - 02-21-2016

(02-18-2016, 05:37 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Seriously, though.

Reason why I hadn't been ripping Pokémon models for a while is simply because I hadn't felt like it. No other reason. If people are serious about wanting me to speed up process on ripping those Pokémon models, consider giving me some kind of monetary incentive -- my PayPal's [Random T Bush at GMail dot com] (no spaces and substitute the obvious for at/dot). $1 per Pokémon. Otherwise it just gets done whenever. I can't run on goodwill alone right now unfortunately.

(EDIT: Rephrased a bit.)

RTB, Sorry to interrupt but may I ask what is going on?

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Hallow - 02-21-2016

(02-21-2016, 05:23 PM)Tiberious Wrote: I'm having difficulties getting Ohana to read the bin files and the texture bch files from the zips in the first post. It complains "Unsupported file format!" anytime I try.

I was able to use RTB's maxscript to get the model, but the PNG textures are missing quite a bit of the area used in the normalmaps. I'd like to see what I need to do in order to get proper normalmaps written out.

Some of the files might require you to delete everything above BCH in a hex editor to run in Ohana.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Quibilia - 02-21-2016

(02-21-2016, 05:32 PM)Hallowpape Wrote:
(02-21-2016, 05:23 PM)Tiberious Wrote: I'm having difficulties getting Ohana to read the bin files and the texture bch files from the zips in the first post. It complains "Unsupported file format!" anytime I try.

I was able to use RTB's maxscript to get the model, but the PNG textures are missing quite a bit of the area used in the normalmaps. I'd like to see what I need to do in order to get proper normalmaps written out.

Some of the files might require you to delete everything above BCH in a hex editor to run in Ohana.

I'm afraid doing that is the reason I've been able to find the material and visibility animations in a ROM, but not the skeletal...

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Tiberious - 02-21-2016

Alright... that worked, but I'm having issues exporting from Ohana Rebirth... I need to get a good version of Electabuzz's normal maps (without any alpha channels), but it's only exporting as PNG, which kills the color information where it's alphaed out.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Yunpol - 02-21-2016

(02-21-2016, 05:31 PM)Lilothestitch Wrote: RTB, Sorry to interrupt but may I ask what is going on?

Just check back on the last two pages and you will know very quickly what happened.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Lilothestitch - 02-21-2016

(02-16-2016, 01:50 PM)Farlavor Wrote:
(02-15-2016, 07:42 PM)Demonslayerx8 Wrote:
(02-15-2016, 08:38 AM)Farlavor Wrote: Sorry, but keeping it a secret wouldn't help anything but just bringing suspicion.
Even I had take the initiative by attempting a ripping by myself (Altough the result only was done partially)
I always thought no one is better than you on ripping and converting models of Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS to DAE.
and it was deceiving not knowing stuff, and you didn't updated your post on page 1 about progressions like you did in the past releases with stuff like "Upcoming on next batch" models, or adding new models from the request of some people (Even somebody requested an Oshawott model...  Sad)

just remember that even if you have a life, we hace expectations for your uploads as well.  Ouch!
and we had been waiting since august.
you ARE aware that RTB does have a life, right? even if he HAS the time to do the model rips, he also works on other models from other games that haven't been cracked or looked into. Give the canadian bush a break Angry

get real my fella. It doesnt mean we had to wait SINCE AUGUST... I might be agree if it might be for 3 months... but he took like 7 months. So... I don't call it just forgetting just a bunch of models "A LIFE" becut it ISN'T.
And you MUST know that. 

Unless of course, you don't care of GEN 6 pokémon. something that I might had expected.
and BTW... What games??? what? He didn't cracked so much games since august... Just 2-3 models from Smash Bros U and nothing more. Unless I am misinformed, you must know how a person is really lazy or forgetful about something by looking at his posts during the pasing days. It's common sense my buddy. So DO NOT BLAME ME... Okay?! that I am 18 years older than you! (I'm 35!)

And one last thing. Normally when a person don't take into consideration doing something when planning to do (Like Model Ripping and converting) for a long time, it only means one thing... He/she's quitting from doing that.
I had known many people quitting from projects. I had known the creator of Super Mario Bros Z, and the team behind the making of "Eevee Party" and "SSS Warrior cats" flash movies on youtube/Deviantart. (digi has quit from making Eevee Party 3, Alvin Earthworm has quit from SMBZ, and Asi has quit from SSS Warrior cats)
and the last thing I will ever allow, IS RTB QUITTING FROM RIPPING pokemon models.
That will never gonna happen. Got it????????
Dude, give RTB a break. He has things he needs to do. I'd have to agree with Demonslayerx8. You can't expect people to cater to your needs. You have to be patient. I've made that same mistake but I regretted it because I felt bad about it.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - DJTHED - 02-22-2016

Uuuh. We can drop this topic now, right? I don't think a place like this should have pages filled up with drama.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Lilothestitch - 02-22-2016

(02-22-2016, 10:55 PM)DJTHED Wrote: Uuuh. We can drop this topic now, right? I don't think a place like this should have pages filled up with drama.

Yes. Lets get back on topic.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - O_o - 02-23-2016

Lurker here.

So, what's the general procedure to convert a .bch to a .dae usable in an engine?

As I can see, everything works out of the box with Ohana3DS, except for the Pokemon model texture UVs. The normal maps are however mapped correctly.
Is there a missing step somewhere that could save me from doing the UV mapping by hand?

For the record, I use Blender.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Demonslayerx8 - 02-23-2016

(02-23-2016, 06:51 AM)O_o Wrote: Lurker here.

So, what's the general procedure to convert a .bch to a .dae usable in an engine?

As I can see, everything works out of the box with Ohana3DS, except for the Pokemon model texture UVs. The normal maps are however mapped correctly.
Is there a missing step somewhere that could save me from doing the UV mapping by hand?

the texture files thats uploaded need to be set to Mirror for the X axis.. so try mirroring the UV

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Ton - 02-23-2016

Well I think RTB is doing a great job. Plus, now I have the best signature quote ever.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Quibilia - 02-24-2016

I'm having an issue with the importing scripts...

Code:
msh = mesh vertices:Vert_array faces:Face_array
msh.numTVerts = Vert_array.count
setNumCPVVerts msh msh.numTVerts
setCVertMode msh true
setShadeCVerts msh true
defaultVCFaces msh
buildTVFaces msh
msh.name = "Mesh " + z as string + " (" + MaterialNames_array[PolyTextureID] as string + ")"
msh.material = mat
for j = 1 to Color_array.count do setvertcolor msh j Color_array[j]
for j = 1 to Alpha_array.count do(meshop.setVertAlpha msh -2 j Alpha_array[j])
for j = 1 to UV_array.count do setTVert msh j UV_array[j]
for j = 1 to Face_array.count do setTVFace msh j Face_array[j]
for j = 1 to msh.numfaces do setFaceSmoothGroup msh j 1
max modify mode
select msh
addmodifier msh (Edit_Normals ()) ui:off
msh.Edit_Normals.MakeExplicit selection:#{1..Normal_array.count}
EN_convertVS = msh.Edit_Normals.ConvertVertexSelection
EN_setNormal = msh.Edit_Normals.SetNormal
normID = #{}

for v = 1 to Normal_array.count do(
free normID
EN_convertVS #{v} &normID
for id in normID do EN_setNormal id Normal_array[v]
)

if BoneCount > 0 do(
skinMod = skin ()
addModifier msh skinMod
for i = 1 to BoneCount do (
maxbone = getnodebyname BoneArray[i].name
if i != BoneCount then
skinOps.addBone skinMod maxbone 0
else
skinOps.addBone skinMod maxbone 1

)

modPanel.setCurrentObject skinMod

for i = 1 to Weight_array.count do (
w = Weight_array[i]
bi = #() --bone index array
wv = #() --weight value array

for j = 1 to w.boneids.count do
(
boneid = w.boneids[j]
weight = w.weights[j]
append bi boneid
append wv weight
)   

skinOps.ReplaceVertexWeights skinMod i bi wv

)

)

The line "skinOps.ReplaceVertexWeights skinMod i bi wv" is causing a data conversion error: "-- Unable to convert: undefined to type: Integer".

What should I do?

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Pangri - 02-25-2016

Hello guys,how you you make it in blender like this???
Example:                            

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - O_o - 02-25-2016

(02-23-2016, 07:19 AM)Demonslayerx8 Wrote:
(02-23-2016, 06:51 AM)O_o Wrote: Lurker here.

the texture files thats uploaded need to be set to Mirror for the X axis.. so try mirroring the UV

Thanks! Works like a charm.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - OS-PRIME - 02-25-2016

(02-25-2016, 03:57 PM)Pangri Wrote: Hello guys,how you you make it in blender like this???
Example:

You mean how to make it look pixily? I'm sure theres a guide on it somewhere.