The VG Resource
Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Pokémon Model Ripping Project (/thread-25872.html)

RE: Pokémon X/Y Model Ripping Project (Preliminary) - Lilothestitch - 09-29-2014

(09-29-2014, 02:17 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(09-29-2014, 02:11 PM)Lilothestitch Wrote:
(09-29-2014, 01:57 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: https://gist.github.com/magical/5a78c91a4c1ac6056943

And the Pokémon models are in a/0/0/7.

How do I use it? Where can I get the rom?

I think it's best to wait until I get my script done, I'll supply the model files directly for anyone interested in helping out.

Okay. How long will it take to finish the 3DS Max Script?

RE: Pokémon X/Y Model Ripping Project (Preliminary) - Random Talking Bush - 09-29-2014

(09-29-2014, 02:26 PM)Lilothestitch Wrote:
(09-29-2014, 02:17 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(09-29-2014, 02:11 PM)Lilothestitch Wrote: How do I use it? Where can I get the rom?

I think it's best to wait until I get my script done, I'll supply the model files directly for anyone interested in helping out.

I'm not sure. Right now, there's a few bugs I need to iron out involving detecting proper vertex information setups (right now I have to manually tweak them from each model, it's not linked to the vertex length as I had originally thought) and those 1-byte-to-2-byte polygon jumps that happen for certain NPC models. Everything else is in working condition, but I'm not releasing it right now because I know people would be frustrated to have to fix things themselves all the time.

And it doesn't help that I sprained my wrist yesterday (still aches today), makes it a little bit harder for me to type right now...

RE: Pokémon X/Y Model Ripping Project (Preliminary) - Lilothestitch - 09-29-2014

(09-29-2014, 02:52 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(09-29-2014, 02:26 PM)Lilothestitch Wrote:
(09-29-2014, 02:17 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: I think it's best to wait until I get my script done, I'll supply the model files directly for anyone interested in helping out.

I'm not sure. Right now, there's a few bugs I need to iron out involving detecting proper vertex information setups (right now I have to manually tweak them from each model, it's not linked to the vertex length as I had originally thought) and those 1-byte-to-2-byte polygon jumps that happen for certain NPC models. Everything else is in working condition, but I'm not releasing it right now because I know people would be frustrated to have to fix things themselves all the time.

And it doesn't help that I sprained my wrist yesterday (still aches today), makes it a little bit harder for me to type right now...

I see. Did you put ice on your wrist?

RE: Pokémon X/Y Model Ripping Project (Preliminary) - Random Talking Bush - 09-29-2014

(09-29-2014, 03:46 PM)Lilothestitch Wrote:
(09-29-2014, 02:52 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(09-29-2014, 02:26 PM)Lilothestitch Wrote: Okay. How long will it take to finish the 3DS Max Script?

Didn't work. Right now I've got a brace to keep it from twisting, which is better than nothing. But that's straying from the original topic.

(09-29-2014, 03:54 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(09-29-2014, 03:46 PM)Lilothestitch Wrote:
(09-29-2014, 02:52 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: I'm not sure. Right now, there's a few bugs I need to iron out involving detecting proper vertex information setups (right now I have to manually tweak them from each model, it's not linked to the vertex length as I had originally thought) and those 1-byte-to-2-byte polygon jumps that happen for certain NPC models. Everything else is in working condition, but I'm not releasing it right now because I know people would be frustrated to have to fix things themselves all the time.

Didn't work. Right now I've got a brace to keep it from twisting, which is better than nothing. But that's straying from the original topic.

I guess.

RE: Pokémon X/Y Model Ripping Project (Preliminary) - Lesserfruit - 09-29-2014

Hi, I'd like an order of Porygon, Lunatone, Glalie, Gyarados/Mega Gyarados and Yanma/Yanmega. With a side order of fries.

(Thanks for doing this. This is the only guy to get ahold of the X/Y models, salute him.)

(09-29-2014, 05:18 PM)Lesserfruit Wrote: Hi, I'd like an order of Porygon, Lunatone, Glalie, Gyarados/Mega Gyarados and Yanma/Yanmega. With a side order of fries.

(Thanks for doing this. This is the only guy to get ahold of the X/Y models, salute him.)
Only three at a time, please. But I suppose Porygon, Lunatone and Glalie wouldn't be that hard to set up and Gyarados was already requested, so I'll let it slide just this once.

RE: Pokémon X/Y Model Ripping Project (Preliminary) - Darthatron - 09-30-2014

Fantastic work! So are you doing all the rigging manually or are they able to exported with it? Either way, great work.

Could I please ask for Pidgey, Butterfree and Krabby?

(Now I can finally complete my dream of making Pokemon Snap 2, woohoo!)

RE: Pokémon X/Y Model Ripping Project (Preliminary) - Random Talking Bush - 09-30-2014

(09-30-2014, 02:11 AM)Darthatron Wrote: Fantastic work! So are you doing all the rigging manually or are they able to exported with it? Either way, great work.

Could I please ask for Pidgey, Butterfree and Krabby?

(Now I can finally complete my dream of making Pokemon Snap 2, woohoo!)
They are using the original rigging that Nintendo gave 'em. Smile

RE: Pokémon X/Y Model Ripping Project (Preliminary) - ~DrakoRero~ - 09-30-2014

(09-29-2014, 01:18 PM)PKMN Trainer Rai Wrote: May I request Espeon, Tyranitar and Metagross? Or am I too new of a member to request these? Cause I'm aware of the rule in which new members can't request things, but I'm unsure if that still applies in topics like this? If this is the case, please ignore my requests.
[quote='Random Talking Bush']
It's fine, I'm allowing requests for this project in particular to be open to everyone, regardless of when you join.

Um, excuse me, I don't mean to sound rude but I requested Tyranitar ( along it's mega and Marowak first ) a page or two back, just saying.

RE: Pokémon X/Y Model Ripping Project (Preliminary) - [robo9] - 09-30-2014

Congratulations RTB, you're famous

RE: Pokémon X/Y Model Ripping Project (Preliminary) - Random Talking Bush - 09-30-2014

(09-30-2014, 03:55 AM)~DrakoRero~ Wrote:
(09-29-2014, 01:18 PM)PKMN Trainer Rai Wrote: May I request Espeon, Tyranitar and Metagross? Or am I too new of a member to request these? Cause I'm aware of the rule in which new members can't request things, but I'm unsure if that still applies in topics like this? If this is the case, please ignore my requests.

Random Talking Bush Wrote:It's fine, I'm allowing requests for this project in particular to be open to everyone, regardless of when you join.

Um, excuse me, I don't mean to sound rude but I requested Tyranitar ( along it's mega and Marowak first ) a page or two back, just saying.
I'm sorry, I missed quite a few requests on page 4 somehow. Sick

I've added the missing requests to the first post now.

RE: Pokémon X/Y Model Ripping Project (Preliminary) - Lesserfruit - 09-30-2014

I almost forgot. My favorite Pokémon of all. Amoonguss! Please rip me Amoonguss. You win all my respects if you do. Cute

RE: Pokémon X/Y Model Ripping Project (Preliminary) - B2Squared - 09-30-2014

I just joined to give a big ol' THANKS! You're doing great work, and I can't wait to put these models to use with my 3d printer. Smile

That being said, I would like to request Ralts, Kirlia, and Gallade. I know you're super busy, and by no means expect them anytime soon, I just want to let you know there is an interest in other members of the Ralts line.

Thanks!

RE: Pokémon X/Y Model Ripping Project (Preliminary) - o0DemonBoy0o - 10-01-2014

Some nice work you're doing RTB.
I would like to request Empoleon, Helioptile, and Eevee if it's not too much trouble.