The VG Resource
Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Pokémon Model Ripping Project (/thread-25872.html)

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - RadamanthysMI - 03-22-2015

i requests -> rattata, sentret & Poochyena '---'

and can someone tell me how to fix the moltres ? (transparency) Blank Blank Blank

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Yunpol - 03-22-2015

Since all my requests has been done in the last update, I am going to request Sableye/Mega Sableye, Medicham/Mega Medicham , and Altaria/Mega Altaria.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Ribbon-Kitten - 03-22-2015

I would like to request Vulpix, Lapras (including overworld), and Swanna since they don't seem to be requested or uploaded yet.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - ZeUberMedic - 03-22-2015

I'd like to request Meowth, Drowzee, and Murkrow please!

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - TheGamedawg - 03-26-2015

Have we decided what the next batch is going to be yet?

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Chirz - 03-27-2015

(03-10-2015, 03:06 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: THERE. New scripts. Third time's the charm? This should fix those rigging problems once and for bien. If anything doesn't import, please tell me as I'm pretty sure I've got everything else working 100% now -- I've tested Pokémon #001-151 and a handful of others and there seem to be absolutely no issues now.
Except for Mega Diancie and Hoopa Unbound but that's because of another problem involving the vertex counts which I'll be fixing up next time.

Does this work for Blender?
And are we still making progress?

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Farlavor - 03-27-2015

(03-27-2015, 09:30 AM)Chirz Wrote:
(03-10-2015, 03:06 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: THERE. New scripts. Third time's the charm? This should fix those rigging problems once and for bien. If anything doesn't import, please tell me as I'm pretty sure I've got everything else working 100% now -- I've tested Pokémon #001-151 and a handful of others and there seem to be absolutely no issues now.
Except for Mega Diancie and Hoopa Unbound but that's because of another problem involving the vertex counts which I'll be fixing up next time.

a plugin for blender?... I dunno if it's possible... at least not yet. Tongue

I think we... I mean... He's making some progress... just consider that they aren't focusing just only on Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS... I would like to just not force RTB to do some model ripping multitasking focusing on every game from 3DS or Wii-U... but of course... I cannot just force him... anyway. even when I thought he was about to stop for so long time the ripping of models from Gen 6 Pokemon games... it's when I'm wrong... becuz he's doing something at least... just NOT as frequent as he would like... he have other stuff to do, and even he has a life... Not like me (I don't have one... sigh...  Cry ) he can only focus on ripping models from 1 game... and after the ripping he has to convert the files... even figuring out a way to make them converted into a format supported on 3DS Max.  and then export them on DAE and other formats... and as far as I know... he's the only one who did the BEST exporting on DAE of all users. becuz on Cinema 4D, I can even use Hypernurbs on the models, and those had wielded all vertexes on a way that you cannot see holes on the polys corners. Big Grin

I dunno if I would do it the same way. besides, he may have problems with some models textures, We cannot expect something to be perfect... even I have to learn how to reproduce the Celshading effect like on 3DS games on Cinema 4D. and Sketch and Toon from Cinema 4D don't have a support for textures. at least I think that's the problem I have to deal. 

Anyway... we have to not worry about. it seems the models are coming slowly but guaranteed.  Wink

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - MandL27 - 03-27-2015

(03-27-2015, 01:50 PM)Farlavor Wrote:
(03-27-2015, 09:30 AM)Chirz Wrote:

I think we... I mean... He's making some progress... just consider that they aren't focusing just only on Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS... I would like to just not force RTB to do some model ripping multitasking focusing on every game from 3DS or Wii-U... but of course... I cannot just force him... anyway. even when I thought he was about to stop for so long time the ripping of models from Gen 6 Pokemon games... it's when I'm wrong... becuz he's doing something at least... just NOT as frequent as he would like... he have other stuff to do, and even he has a life... Not like me (I don't have one... sigh...  Cry ) he can only focus on ripping models from 1 game... and after the ripping he has to convert the files... even figuring out a way to make them converted into a format supported on 3DS Max.  and then export them on DAE and other formats... and as far as I know... he's the only one who did the BEST exporting on DAE of all users. becuz on Cinema 4D, I can even use Hypernurbs on the models, and those had wielded all vertexes on a way that you cannot see holes on the polys corners. Big Grin

I dunno if I would do it the same way. besides, he may have problems with some models textures, We cannot expect something to be perfect... even I have to learn how to reproduce the Celshading effect like on 3DS games on Cinema 4D. and Sketch and Toon from Cinema 4D don't have a support for textures. at least I think that's the problem I have to deal. 

Anyway... we have to not worry about. it seems the models are coming slowly but guaranteed.  Wink

About the "plugin for Blender" part, it's more than possible to make one, if that's what you're confused about... also, I do have to ask what you mean about Hypernurbs.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Farlavor - 03-28-2015

(03-27-2015, 02:05 PM)MandL27 Wrote:
(03-27-2015, 01:50 PM)Farlavor Wrote:
(03-27-2015, 09:30 AM)Chirz Wrote: Does this work for Blender?

About the "plugin for Blender" part, it's more than possible to make one, if that's what you're confused about... also, I do have to ask what you mean about Hypernurbs.

Is just a feature exclusive for Cinema 4d... it's just the equivalent of Turbosmooth for 3D Studio Max... when you make a low poly model and you want it to be automatically smoothed looking like it has high poly... you can use some options to do so...

If you're using 3DS Max... there's two options...

1- Turn the model/mesh into an editable poly and change it on the option where you can change the subdivisions. the higher the subdivison, the more it will look like a high poly.
2- Use Turbo smooth, that will help you on keep using editable Mesh than Editable Poly... but I dunno if it can still control the subdivisions.

On Cinema 4D you have Hypernurbs.
it's pretty much like the other options for 3DS max... but with the advantage you can still edit the model faces like still being low poly, and in Realtime... making the modeling much less tedious... becuz on 3DS max... you're forced to turn on or off the turbosmooth or NURBS subdivisions to make it look low/highpoly and interact with the faces... due for the interface of Cinema 4D, you can modify it with more precision...

The only disadvantage on Cinema 4d. is that I don't yet know how to wield the vertexes of the models (Maybe it's impossible with this program). if you use some models from Pokemon X/Y (from anyone xcept RTB) and you put the Hypernurbs... the models will look like they had holes on the paws, mouth, eyes. on 3DS max you can solve it by wielding the vertexes on the mesh (Only for editable poly).

but somehow on modeling and rigging... Cinema 4D is far better than 3DS max, at least for me.

and even Eevee X/Y looked 99% as smooth like having nothing but just curves Cute (At least... you cannot see Polys on render... just the model is as high poly that seems like a realistic toy that you can touch with your hands... and on top of that my computer isn't powerful, and yet I can render it. Big Grin )

The advantage of Cinema 4D is that you can make models more easier, and do rigging by yourself... and the Joint Rigging has a feature that 3DS max don't.... You can stretch freely the joints on C4D... on 3DS max you can only do that with the resize cursor.  Sad
besides if you make a low poly on hypernurbs combined with joint rigging and mesh deformer you can make easy bipeds/quadruped of almost anything you may desire... and for last... if you want to make a custom texture... you can use Bodypaint... a module included on Cinema 4D that can be used to paint the texture. and the latest version (R14) of C4D includes sculpting like Zbrush... Wink

The other drawback of C4D... Don't have support for Maxscript... it uses Python scripts...
if you want to import models from some games like Starcraft II, you need 3DS Max.
it's just a matter of taking odvantage of both programs to achieve.
It has a support for Vray too. and there's plenty of tutorials on youtube. Big Grin

It's just some features of this program...

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - TGE - 03-28-2015

You can technically do the same in 3ds max too, there's a toggle to enable preview of the high poly mesh whilst working on the low poly faces.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - N1AF - 03-28-2015

This might be useful for anyone that wants to export maps to Maya for use with the models provided by RTB:
  1. Open map in Ohana and import the textures (using http://pastebin.com/E0NQgGhL as a ref)
  2. Export the map as an SMD to a folder, and export all the textures to the same folder as that
  3. Download Noesis and open the SMD
  4. Export as an Autodesk FBX and make sure Flip UV's is checked
  5. Open Maya, import the FBX
  6. Fiddle with any black texture Ambient Colour + Incandescence until it looks brighter/clearer
  7. Most of the textures will be imported as Phong materials which give off reflections. If you don't want that, change it to a Lambert or tone the Reflectivity down to 0
  8. Remove any other glitches you see (mainly from light glows, you can replace these with actual lights)
Done!

Example:

Also I've been working on some higher-res textures for the overworld models, since they're pretty low quality when viewed up close. Here's a Brendan progress:

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - nobody231 - 03-28-2015

(03-28-2015, 12:51 AM)Farlavor Wrote:
(03-27-2015, 02:05 PM)MandL27 Wrote:
(03-27-2015, 01:50 PM)Farlavor Wrote: a plugin for blender?... I dunno if it's possible... at least not yet. Tongue

Is just a feature exclusive for Cinema 4d... it's just the equivalent of Turbosmooth for 3D Studio Max... when you make a low poly model and you want it to be automatically smoothed looking like it has high poly... you can use some options to do so...

If you're using 3DS Max... there's two options...

1- Turn the model/mesh into an editable poly and change it on the option where you can change the subdivisions. the higher the subdivison, the more it will look like a high poly.
2- Use Turbo smooth, that will help you on keep using editable Mesh than Editable Poly... but I dunno if it can still control the subdivisions.

On Cinema 4D you have Hypernurbs.
it's pretty much like the other options for 3DS max... but with the advantage you can still edit the model faces like still being low poly, and in Realtime... making the modeling much less tedious... becuz on 3DS max... you're forced to turn on or off the turbosmooth or NURBS subdivisions to make it look low/highpoly and interact with the faces... due for the interface of Cinema 4D, you can modify it with more precision...

The only disadvantage on Cinema 4d. is that I don't yet know how to wield the vertexes of the models (Maybe it's impossible with this program). if you use some models from Pokemon X/Y (from anyone xcept RTB) and you put the Hypernurbs... the models will look like they had holes on the paws, mouth, eyes. on 3DS max you can solve it by wielding the vertexes on the mesh (Only for editable poly).

but somehow on modeling and rigging... Cinema 4D is far better than 3DS max, at least for me.

and even Eevee X/Y looked 99% as smooth like having nothing but just curves Cute (At least... you cannot see Polys on render... just the model is as high poly that seems like a realistic toy that you can touch with your hands... and on top of that my computer isn't powerful, and yet I can render it. Big Grin )

The advantage of Cinema 4D is that you can make models more easier, and do rigging by yourself... and the Joint Rigging has a feature that 3DS max don't.... You can stretch freely the joints on C4D... on 3DS max you can only do that with the resize cursor.  Sad
besides if you make a low poly on hypernurbs combined with joint rigging and mesh deformer you can make easy bipeds/quadruped of almost anything you may desire... and for last... if you want to make a custom texture... you can use Bodypaint... a module included on Cinema 4D that can be used to paint the texture. and the latest version (R14) of C4D includes sculpting like Zbrush... Wink

The other drawback of C4D... Don't have support for Maxscript... it uses Python scripts...
if you want to import models from some games like Starcraft II, you need 3DS Max.
it's just a matter of taking odvantage of both programs to achieve.
It has a support for Vray too. and there's plenty of tutorials on youtube. Big Grin

It's just some features of this program...

I have no idea how to use anything but Blender, so figuring out skinning on Cinema 4D is impossible for me. Could you give me a tutorial?

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - TGE - 03-29-2015

Did you really have to quote the entire post? There's something called google.
Like, use it. "Blender Rigging Tutorial" or "Cinema 4D Rigging Tutorial" will do the trick. You even get visual feedback!.
Also it's kinda off-topic so.. D;
Anyways, has there been any progress on the SSB4 BCH models?

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Farlavor - 03-29-2015

I think that when you do a reply with a quote... or at least I saw it all the time when I do a reply... that is possible to edit a post... and since I'm very acustomed to explain things with TOO detail and info... doing a full quote of my own post... would lead to troubles... as TGE said on it's actual reply.

but ok. BTW i have to admit that TGE is right about 3DS max... but honestly I had been acustomed to C4D, and I found out a better way to do a nice rigging on a high mesh model... normally on 3DS max... you had to do a weighting to EVERY vertex on the model itself... and even if I know the basics... I still screw up sometimes on certain parts... but Cinema 4D has a feature from R13 called Mesh Deformer... What is it?

Ok... Mesh Deformer is like a model that instead of using as a is... is turned into a reference for deforming everything that is contained inside of it.

To put it simple... let's just consider you had modeled a human mesh with something like 26.000 polys... No matter how many, let's just make a huge amount that normally having to do weighting with this on 3DS max would be painful.

but instead of putting a skin on it's model... you decide to make something like a box that covers the player... the box is beinf modified like the model itself, like being covered in an armor that looks like the typic generic minecraft character model.
and then you convert the armor mesh into a Mesh deformer... instead of having the PAINFUL, BORING, and TEDIOUS way of weighting EVERY DAMN vertex from the human model... you have just to skin the mesh deformer and weight all the vertexes of it... if you move the mesh deformer's right leg... all modifications will affect to the human model itself... in resumen... the human model will move the right leg... as well as you had rigged the human model... also... on Hypernurbs models is much better... becuz the smoothness will make the leg movement more natural... or at least a bit more better than a very nOObish rigging that normally breaks the leg movement making the sensation it breaks the knee or between it's -censored-.

it even happened to my first model ever modelled on C4d. a version of the Devil Children's cerberus... although the modeling was pretty decent... the rigging on 3DS max ruined it's right leg for just doing the typical paw licking animation... on C4D with mesh deformer, that won't happen.

I know it's possible to do the rigging on Max... I did it before testing C4D.
but you know... when someone finds better tricks that can only be used with certain programs... you finally starts relying on that program. Lol...

PS: When you reply my quotes... Please DELETE all redundant comments from my post.
Just leave the part when you're about to comment like the Rigging on 3DS Max and Cinema 4D.
Besides, I am not against Blender... Simply I can't use it becuz it's difficult to use for me.
I have no problem when somebody uses a program I don't use... Besides, I think that will help much more.
becuz you would have access to models I cannot import from any other program than Blender. and the native format it uses is Blend.
and Blender has a very good DAE Export built in feature... 3DS Max gave me error when I export models to DAE, and Blender don't.
Maybe almost like RTB DAE export plugin for 3DS max.
so, you better focus on Blender, ok buddy? Wink

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - TGE - 03-29-2015

3ds Max has both envelopes, and a weighting tool that can estimate blend weights for a selection of vertices (which quite frankly works really well, I use it all the time)
Of course it's not perfect, you may have to adjust the weights here and there but it does work very well.
But again, this does not really belong in this thread.