The VG Resource
Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Pokémon Model Ripping Project (/thread-25872.html)

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - kutaras - 03-10-2015

(03-10-2015, 03:06 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: THERE. New scripts. Third time's the charm? This should fix those rigging problems once and for bien. If anything doesn't import, please tell me as I'm pretty sure I've got everything else working 100% now -- I've tested Pokémon #001-151 and a handful of others and there seem to be absolutely no issues now.
Except for Mega Diancie and Hoopa Unbound but that's because of another problem involving the vertex counts which I'll be fixing up next time.

Thanks RTB!!!
This update works like a charm! 
I'm testing a bunch of models over #200 it works perfectly!

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - DJTHED - 03-10-2015

(03-10-2015, 03:06 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: THERE. New scripts. Third time's the charm? This should fix those rigging problems once and for bien. If anything doesn't import, please tell me as I'm pretty sure I've got everything else working 100% now -- I've tested Pokémon #001-151 and a handful of others and there seem to be absolutely no issues now.
Except for Mega Diancie and Hoopa Unbound but that's because of another problem involving the vertex counts which I'll be fixing up next time.

I really wish my 3DS Max trial didn't expire now so that I can use this beautiful script... and I can't afford to purchase it either... so I guess I'll forever be stuck with Blender even though I highly prefer Blender anyway. Sad 

Anyway, regardless of the fact that I can't use this script, I'm still pretty hyped because I expect more models to get uploaded at a much higher rate now. Good work.
Big Grin b

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - OS-PRIME - 03-10-2015

(03-10-2015, 04:14 PM)DJTHED Wrote:

I really wish my 3DS Max trial didn't expire now so that I can use this beautiful script... and I can't afford to purchase it either... so I guess I'll forever be stuck with Blender even though I highly prefer Blender anyway. Sad 

Anyway, regardless of the fact that I can't use this script, I'm still pretty hyped because I expect more models to get uploaded at a much higher rate now. Good work.
Big Grin b

I think someone should code an Extension for blender that can run Maxscript.
Anyways, i tried to rig a Dewott model in blender and i just gave up so yay?

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - kutaras - 03-10-2015

Big Grin b
You know that there are tricks to have unlimited trials without cracking it right Question

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - DJTHED - 03-10-2015

(03-10-2015, 06:32 PM)kutaras Wrote:

Big Grin b
You know that there are tricks to have unlimited trials without cracking it right Question

Yes, but it's still illegal, is it not?

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Farlavor - 03-10-2015

(03-10-2015, 06:42 PM)DJTHED Wrote:
(03-10-2015, 04:14 PM)DJTHED Wrote: I really wish my 3DS Max trial didn't expire now so that I can use this beautiful script... and I can't afford to purchase it either... so I guess I'll forever be stuck with Blender even though I highly prefer Blender anyway. Sad 

Big Grin b

Legality is just a triviality that must be not be taken into so much consideration... I think that it's right to be legal at any cost... but concerning internet... We've already been illegal by just using the models of videogames.
Anyway... it's just my opinion... you're free to choose to download a crack/serial for 3DS Max to have it fully working... or just wait to pay the money to get it full.

Honestly, I am too poor just to get the cash to buy a software, and I prefer to download it. but sadly... I cannot show you a link to the version of 3DS max to download it... for two reasons.
1- May be against the rules of the comunity
2- This section is related to MODELS.

The problem with some politics, is that they believe that Internet should be censored on any kind of measures, disallowing us to download stuff that normally we cannot due for the unavailability of the stuff on our country. though being forced to buy imported stuff by a really high money amount (Hundreds of even thousands of dollars), or else say goodbye to the anime you loved so much and you usually downloaded from hosts like Megaupload (closed by FBI)

But anyway... Just consider it just my opinion...

PS: Do not ask about the legality of downloading or question morality about some thing... Piracy doesn't mean downloading the stuff you get from the net... Piracy means selling the DVDs of downloaded content of internet and getting money for it. Tongue
because if that is just considered illegal... then what about the stuff you download from the net?, (Music, Videos and even pictures/images)

I hope this is the last time we talk about that kind of stuff in this page... ok?. sorry for my attitude, but if this moral topic starts right now, the debate will never stop... and we'll lose our focus on the main picture of this topic... (The Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS models)

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - fridge225 - 03-11-2015

Does anyone know how I can export the 3DS max models into blender? FDX export is the only one that seems to export the bones and when I do they don't look at all like they should? For the models on the site I import the DAE files and they work fine. Is this just a 3DS max 2012 thing?

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - kutaras - 03-11-2015

(03-10-2015, 04:14 PM)DJTHED Wrote: I really wish my 3DS Max trial didn't expire now so that I can use this beautiful script... and I can't afford to purchase it either... so I guess I'll forever be stuck with Blender even though I highly prefer Blender anyway. Sad 

Big Grin b

Well It isn't so Illegal, because you still use a trial version so it's a legit copy that Autodesk gives to you for free, the only thing you do is block the expiration date, you still have limited features but at least you don't have to worry about expirations  Smile 
It's not like piracy or stealing, because you're still using freeware instead of a full copy  Wink

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Farlavor - 03-11-2015

(03-11-2015, 01:40 AM)kutaras Wrote:
(03-10-2015, 06:32 PM)kutaras Wrote: You know that there are tricks to have unlimited trials without cracking it right Question

Well It isn't so Illegal, because you still use a trial version so it's a legit copy that Autodesk gives to you for free, the only thing you do is block the expiration date, you still have limited features but at least you don't have to worry about expirations  Smile 
It's not like piracy or stealing, because you're still using freeware instead of a full copy  Wink

ok... I think that's enough explanation and well argumented, even a little better than my personal opinion... as I said before... you're free to do what you wathever you like with the software you get DJTHED Wink.

I hope this ends the polemical moralistic postings, and we focus on the main picture of this topic. Smile
I don't wanna see the models resource become into a "Xentax" page that simply don't allow you to post models from copyrighted stuff (That it's simply ALL the videogames) or being forced to do it secretly.  Cry

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - kutaras - 03-11-2015

Back to the main topic now!
I've Tested a lot of models, so far, no problems at all Big Grin
(Well There is a little problem but it's regarding the textures so it doesn't count Wink )

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - TGE - 03-11-2015

Any plans to make a script for SSB3DS BCH?

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 03-11-2015

(03-11-2015, 12:45 PM)TGE Wrote: Any plans to make a script for SSB3DS BCH?
Maybe a bit later. There are just so many differences between the Pokémon and Smash Bros. formats that it's not gonna be easy to make a fully-working script like I had done for the X/Y models.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - gdkchan - 03-12-2015

(03-11-2015, 01:25 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
Maybe a bit later. There are just so many differences between the Pokémon and Smash Bros. formats that it's not gonna be easy to make a fully-working script like I had done for the X/Y models.
Actually it does use the very same format, and the same version of OR/AS. If your current script doesnt work on it, is probably due to the dirty hacks you used to make it work (like calculating the Vertex Data length based on the face data offset, or trying to guess if the Face Data use 8 or 16 bits index size based on the vertex count). I think that fully trying to understand the format, and do proper implementation will be worth at the end, and save some time.

Also, I started to rewrite the software I made to open the BCH files, since some models are completely broken on it. This time, Im trying to do a clean implementation, and this will be pretty hard since this format is a mess, I already analyzed the first 3 headers, and theres already some unknow stuff on them Im trying to figure out, but Ill try to do my best.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 03-12-2015

(03-12-2015, 10:32 AM)gdkchan Wrote:
(03-11-2015, 01:25 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
Actually it does use the very same format, and the same version of OR/AS. If your current script doesnt work on it, is probably due to the dirty hacks you used to make it work (like calculating the Vertex Data length based on the face data offset, or trying to guess if the Face Data use 8 or 16 bits index size based on the vertex count). I think that fully trying to understand the format, and do proper implementation will be worth at the end, and save some time.

Also, I started to rewrite the software I made to open the BCH files, since some models are completely broken on it. This time, Im trying to do a clean implementation, and this will be pretty hard since this format is a mess, I already analyzed the first 3 headers, and theres already some unknow stuff on them Im trying to figure out, but Ill try to do my best.
Oh, it is? Maybe it won't be as difficult to set up as I thought, then (mainly just setting it up to check for the secondary files for characters and whatnot).

...Buuuuut I'll do so in about a week. I think my eyes are starting to cross from working on that script for like six days straight.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 03-15-2015

#001 Bulbasaur
#001 Bulbasaur
#002 Ivysaur
#002 Ivysaur
#003 Venusaur
#003 Venusaur
#010 Caterpie
#010 Caterpie
#011 Metapod
#011 Metapod
#012 Butterfree
#012 Butterfree
#025 Pikachu (Cosplay Pikachu)
#025 Pikachu (Cosplay Pikachu)
#107 Hitmonchan
#107 Hitmonchan
#144 Articuno
#144 Articuno
#145 Zapdos
#145 Zapdos
#146 Moltres
#146 Moltres
#155 Cyndaquil
#155 Cyndaquil
#156 Quilava
#156 Quilava
#157 Typhlosion
#157 Typhlosion
#158 Totodile
#158 Totodile
#159 Croconaw
#159 Croconaw
#160 Feraligatr
#160 Feraligatr
#182 Bellossom
#182 Bellossom
#231 Phanpy
#231 Phanpy
#232 Donphan
#232 Donphan
#235 Smeargle
#235 Smeargle
#243 Raikou
#243 Raikou
#244 Entei
#244 Entei
#250 Ho-Oh
#250 Ho-Oh
#254 Sceptile
#254 Sceptile
#255 Torchic
#255 Torchic
#256 Combusken
#256 Combusken
#258 Mudkip
#258 Mudkip
#259 Marshtomp
#259 Marshtomp
#260 Swampert
#260 Swampert
#264 Linoone
#264 Linoone
#289 Slaking
#289 Slaking
#303 Mawile
#303 Mawile
#306 Aggron
#306 Aggron
#323 Camerupt
#323 Camerupt
#362 Glalie
#362 Glalie
#376 Metagross
#376 Metagross
#385 Jirachi
#385 Jirachi
#419 Floatzel
#419 Floatzel
#427 Buneary
#427 Buneary
#428 Lopunny
#428 Lopunny
#475 Gallade
#475 Gallade
#483 Dialga
#483 Dialga
#484 Palkia
#484 Palkia
#487 Giratina
#487 Giratina
#488 Cresselia
#488 Cresselia
#531 Audino
#531 Audino
#570 Zorua
#570 Zorua
#571 Zoroark
#571 Zoroark
#619 Mienfoo
#619 Mienfoo
#620 Mienshao
#620 Mienshao
#621 Druddigon
#621 Druddigon
#625 Bisharp
#625 Bisharp
#649 Genesect
#649 Genesect
#682 Spritzee
#682 Spritzee
#683 Aromatisse
#683 Aromatisse
#718 Zygarde
#718 Zygarde
#719 Diancie
#719 Diancie
#720 Hoopa
#720 Hoopa
Calem
Calem
Serena
Serena
Archie
Archie
Maxie
Maxie
Steven
Steven
Wally
Wally
Zinnia
Zinnia

Does anybody have an extra life I can have? I need one.

...and sorry for killing the servers twice by uploading all of these. Very Sad