The VG Resource
Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Pokémon Model Ripping Project (/thread-25872.html)

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Turbo Thunderbolt - 02-09-2015

Could someone send me an alternate download link for the Ohana3ds program? the link on the page it comes from doesn't want to work for some reason.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - TheRamosOnline - 02-10-2015

There's an issue with the ForeArm bones on Gardevoir. They don't work as intended, at least I hope they don't.
I'd fix this myself, but I have no idea how. :c

[Image: 1185fc605b.jpg]

Same thing with Mega Gardevoir.
[Image: bf29361504.jpg]

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 02-10-2015

(02-10-2015, 08:00 AM)TheRamosOnline Wrote: There's an issue with the ForeArm bones on Gardevoir. They don't work as intended, at least I hope they don't.

*image*

*image*
It's because of the ArmSub bones. You'll have to animate those in conjunction with the actual arm bones.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - fridge225 - 02-10-2015

(02-10-2015, 08:00 AM)TheRamosOnline Wrote: There's an issue with the ForeArm bones on Gardevoir. They don't work as intended, at least I hope they don't.

I don't know what you are talking about but this doesn't happen with me at all. Importing the SMD into blender causes all the bones to be disconnected and manual connecting and fixing can be annoying but does work. The DEA however imports fine and doesn't do what your model did in the screenshot. If your imported the SMD just use the DEA instead, the rig is allready done. I actually didn't know the DEA worked like that and had been manually fixing all the SMD bones. Man do I feel stupid.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - user619 - 02-10-2015

Can you get Alexa model

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - TheRamosOnline - 02-11-2015

(02-10-2015, 09:45 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:

*image*

*image*
It's because of the ArmSub bones. You'll have to animate those in conjunction with the actual arm bones.

I'm not sure.
They rotate around this axis;
[Image: b74f39ce51.png]

Quote:fridge225

I don't know what you are talking about but this doesn't happen with me at all. Importing the SMD into blender causes all the bones to be disconnected and manual connecting and fixing can be annoying but does work. The DEA however imports fine and doesn't do what your model did in the screenshot. If your imported the SMD just use the DEA instead, the rig is allready done. I actually didn't know the DEA worked like that and had been manually fixing all the SMD bones. Man do I feel stupid.

This is with the DAE.
If you click twice where the axis is shown on my screen shots, you won't select the longer, more obvious RArm bone, but the RForeArm bone.
Try to rotate this and the whole arm freaks out and tries to rotate around the wrong axis.

This is FAR more noticeable when using the model in programs like Poser. (Pardon the image spam)
[Image: dd5e127edd.jpg]

[Image: 96a3caec9f.jpg]

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - fridge225 - 02-11-2015

(02-11-2015, 05:49 AM)TheRamosOnline Wrote: This is with the DAE.
If you click twice where the axis is shown on my screen shots, you won't select the longer, more obvious RArm bone, but the RForeArm bone.
Try to rotate this and the whole arm freaks out and tries to rotate around the wrong axis.

This is FAR more noticeable when using the model in programs like Poser. (Pardon the image spam)

I see the problem. It is some strange weightings if you ask me. The bone Rhand is barely the hand at all and this causes the effects in your screenshots. This mostly due to rotating it by itself. A quick fix is to turn deforming off for that bone, or not use it and instead use RHandSub which is the bone that is actually weighted to the hand. That should ease some problems. But the main reason this occurs as RTB tried to explain is that these bones will deform like that unless moved in conjunction with the other bones. Meaning you can't just move RHand without it facing the same direction as RForearm. To rotate just the hand move the bone RhandSub. You can see this by configuring IK chains on the arm or just using auto IK, but then you have to make sure RHand is connected to Rforearm. And the ofcoarse the same for the left side but switched

tl;dr
That is how the bones are weighted. As RTB said you have to move every bone in the arm so it doesn't deform like that.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Farlavor - 02-11-2015

(02-11-2015, 08:33 AM)fridge225 Wrote:
(02-11-2015, 05:49 AM)TheRamosOnline Wrote: This is with the DAE.

I see the problem. It is some strange weightings if you ask me. The bone Rhand is barely the hand at all and this causes the effects in your screenshots. This mostly due to rotating it by itself. A quick fix is to turn deforming off for that bone, or not use it and instead use RHandSub which is the bone that is actually weighted to the hand. That should ease some problems. But the main reason this occurs as RTB tried to explain is that these bones will deform like that unless moved in conjunction with the other bones. Meaning you can't just move RHand without it facing the same direction as RForearm. To rotate just the hand move the bone RhandSub. You can see this by configuring IK chains on the arm or just using auto IK, but then you have to make sure RHand is connected to Rforearm. And the ofcoarse the same for the left side but switched

tl;dr
That is how the bones are weighted. As RTB said you have to move every bone in the arm so it doesn't deform like that.

That's one of the reasons I hate to try to do the weighting by myself... And that's why I prefer to get all models fully rigged... I'm still a nOOb at this... Normally I can fix it... but only in cinema 4D by using a mesh deformer + joint rigging technique. it's as simple than making an invisible low poly mesh deformer covering the high poly mesh, and change the weight on the deformer itself... once the mesh deformer is properly rigged... I don't have to spend over 10 hours by editing EVERY -censored- vertex of the high poly model and by the way... screwing things up like in the Gardevoir example.

I will never make a proper rigging in 3DS Max anymore... and Cinema 4D Supports DAE perfectly.

besides... on 3DS Max... the bone Rigging's bones cannot be stretched easily (Xcept by using the stretch cursor)... while the C4D joint rigging's joints can be stretched (Just by moving one of the joints)... so if I wish, I can make every living creature or character to do "GOMU GOMU NO" style... LOL... or simply make a pose that would never be possible in 3DS max...  Cute

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Dragarden - 02-14-2015

Would it be too much to request Mega Diancie, Kyurem(plus its forms), and Cresselia? I have some really cool textures for them, and I really want to be able to pose them, and eventually animate them.

Also, are the any files for battle effects? In particular, I want to use the mega evolution effect model.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - YukiKitsune - 02-14-2015

Thank you so much for all of your hard work with these models  :h:
If it wouldn't be too much trouble could I request a Phione?
I know you have a lot to do already sorry ; w;
Have a good day and Happy Valentines day!  Big Grin

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Hallow - 02-14-2015

I'd like to request Cosplay Pikachu, Landorus, and Audino.

Thanks for all your hard work.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Dragarden - 02-14-2015

(02-14-2015, 05:41 AM)nbdown1 Wrote:
(02-14-2015, 02:10 AM)Dragarden Wrote: Would it be too much to request Mega Diancie, Kyurem(plus its forms), and Cresselia? I have some really cool textures for them, and I really want to be able to pose them, and eventually animate them.

Also, are the any files for battle effects? In particular, I want to use the mega evolution effect model.

Unfortunately battle effects are stored in a different type of file to Pokemon models. Those file structures haven't been decoded by anyone yet. I personally have been trying to figure out the battle animations for Pokemon; which are housed in the .pb files. But even though I can see all the data in front of me I haven't had much success at translating it to animation keyframe data.

Your best bet would be to try and create your own effect. I created a capturing effect a while ago using an advanced shader and mesh deformation; I'm actually starting on my own mega evolution effect based on the mega-absol scene in Diancie and the cocoon of destruction.

I was mainly talking about the sphere that breaks, because I know that is a 3d model. It would be a huge pain to try to recreate all of the seams that it breaks along...

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - The 100 Mega Shock! - 02-15-2015

You can get plugins to do that like "Voroni Fracture" for 3DS Max, and I'm pretty sure Blender also has a mesh fracturing option built in now.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - DecaTilde - 02-15-2015

*sigh, shrug* Well, I've been patient for quite some time. How much longer before the last Pokémon I requested so far, Frogadier, gets submitted? I would like to request three other Pokémon after Frogadier.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Farlavor - 02-17-2015

Oh well... I'm still waiting for some new pokemon models and yet I'm not complaining... xcept maybe for the hiatus from KH DDD.
but anyway... we need patience... I had so much patience for Pokepark Eevee and eeveelutions considering I was unable to request back then, and look... those are ready to download right now.

I think it's a real proof of patience I had... and BTW, I no longer had the urgent request for Swalot (That I was about to get by myself)... it was for something I was planning a few days ago, But I was too lazy just to try to get 3DS max and it's plugins and... oh well... I decided to to wathever I had to do... Without the model itself.
Maybe a few months later I may need it... but not right now. Cute

Reasons?... I already mentioned it, Even if I know how to rig and weight in 3DS max, I prefer Cinema 4D for the joint rigging and mesh deformer... Plus it's the only way I can do high poly modeling with Hypernurbs.