The VG Resource
Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Pokémon Model Ripping Project (/thread-25872.html)

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Leafia_Barrett - 11-25-2014

I really want the Mega Lopunny model, but guess that won't be happening for a while... I have a digital copy of OR, but exactly 0 knowledge on 3DS homebrew of any kind, so even if I were to offer to help, I'd get nowhere fast without somebody holding my hand. Sad

I guess, if I can't request that, can I request Serena? I'm aware that the model is (most likely) broken up into a lot of parts for the customization, so I don't expect this'll happen unless the NPC Serena is somehow stored as a separate model, but it can't hurt to ask...

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 11-25-2014

(11-25-2014, 05:15 PM)Leafia_Barrett Wrote: I really want the Mega Lopunny model, but guess that won't be happening for a while... I have a digital copy of OR, but exactly 0 knowledge on 3DS homebrew of any kind, so even if I were to offer to help, I'd get nowhere fast without somebody holding my hand. Sad

I guess, if I can't request that, can I request Serena? I'm aware that the model is (most likely) broken up into a lot of parts for the customization, so I don't expect this'll happen unless the NPC Serena is somehow stored as a separate model, but it can't hurt to ask...
Yeah, OR/AS models can be requested, I was sent the model files last night. As for Serena (and by extension Calem), those will be uploaded at a later time. It's a lot of model files I'll need to fix up due to all of the clothing options, after all.

Anyway, I'll update the first post with all of the additional requests later tonight.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Carpaccio - 11-25-2014

Oh, we can request again? Awesome. Well you already know mine then. Archie and Maxie, all the way!

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Demonslayerx8 - 11-25-2014

... i want Zennia @_@

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - MimiNeko - 11-25-2014

Is there any way we could get a download for all the new OR/AS models in obj format, like we did with the XY models? I like to convert and rig them for MMD, but waiting for Models-Resource to update can really limit what I can do

(11-25-2014, 08:49 PM)MimiNeko Wrote: Is there any way we could get a download for all the new OR/AS models in obj format, like we did with the XY models? I like to convert and rig them for MMD, but waiting for Models-Resource to update can really limit what I can do
Not yet, the format is significantly different than the one used for X/Y, so I'll have to do so myself later. But they're on a higher priority at the moment (minus Hoopa, as I said earlier I'm leaving that until Nintendo officially reveals it).

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - MimiNeko - 11-25-2014

(11-25-2014, 09:16 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(11-25-2014, 08:49 PM)MimiNeko Wrote: Is there any way we could get a download for all the new OR/AS models in obj format, like we did with the XY models? I like to convert and rig them for MMD, but waiting for Models-Resource to update can really limit what I can do
Not yet, the format is significantly different than the one used for X/Y, so I'll have to do so myself later. But they're on a higher priority at the moment (minus Hoopa, as I said earlier I'm leaving that until Nintendo officially reveals it).

Alrighty, gotcha

Shame about Hoopa, I was looking forward to playing around with the Unbound model

(11-25-2014, 09:43 PM)MimiNeko Wrote:
(11-25-2014, 09:16 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:

Alrighty, gotcha

Shame about Hoopa, I was looking forward to playing around with the Unbound model
Yeah, sorry. Considering Nintendo sent a copyright strike to a YouTube video showcasing it not too long ago, I think it's better if I hold off from ripping its model just in case.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Leafia_Barrett - 11-25-2014

(11-25-2014, 05:44 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(11-25-2014, 05:15 PM)Leafia_Barrett Wrote: I really want the Mega Lopunny model, but guess that won't be happening for a while... I have a digital copy of OR, but exactly 0 knowledge on 3DS homebrew of any kind, so even if I were to offer to help, I'd get nowhere fast without somebody holding my hand. Sad
Yeah, OR/AS models can be requested, I was sent the model files last night. As for Serena (and by extension Calem), those will be uploaded at a later time. It's a lot of model files I'll need to fix up due to all of the clothing options, after all.
Okay, then I request Mega Lopunny. Smile

Regarding Calem & Serena: What about just one costume? Like, how many parts are the models broken up into, and how hard is it to convert each piece? (Legitimately curious, as I have no idea how any of this works.)

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - DragonDePlatino - 11-26-2014

Not to be a party pooper, but...

Aren't there a lot of legal implications for ripping models from a game that's only been released for five days? I just recently found out the ORAS models were being ripped, and I'm worried VG Resource might be hit with a big cease-and-desist if the new models are ripped too soon. Very Sad

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Ton - 11-26-2014

We've never had any problem before. Plus, nintendo recently said that their properties are a-ok for fan use.

Wait, their properties are A-OK for fan usage? Are you talking about the creative endorsement program? If so, that doesn't extend to ripping models from their games...it's actually something very specific.

(11-18-2014, 01:28 PM)DragonDePlatino Wrote: Yeah...Going with what Jermungandr said, the "Creative Endorsement Program" is apparently something very specific to NicoNico Japan.

According to this article from NintendoLife, participating in the "Creative Endorsement Program" means that Nintendo has created a list of 250 games that you can do a Let's Play of on NicoNico video without any legal issues. Nothing at all has been said about fan games, and ROM Hacks are still considered very illegal due to the involvement of emulation.

With that being said, I can't wait to see if Nintendo will expand their policies to include fan games! This would be nothing short of blessing for projects like Mother 4.

Nevertheless, I think it's great that there are people out there talented and dedicated enough to spend their time ripping models like this. It's just I don't know if it's a good idea to rip these models so soon...

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 11-26-2014

(11-26-2014, 02:37 PM)DragonDePlatino Wrote: Not to be a party pooper, but...

Aren't there a lot of legal implications for ripping models from a game that's only been released for five days? I just recently found out the ORAS models were being ripped, and I'm worried VG Resource might be hit with a big cease-and-desist if the new models are ripped too soon. Very Sad
I've had May's model up on The Models Resource a couple of days after the demo of OR/AS was released, and we've had sprites from Black / White uploaded shortly after those games were released. It's mainly the currently-unreleased content that I'm holding back on, just in case.

(That being said, I'm certain the 6th-gen preview sheets should be okay, shhhhh...)

Well...if you say so. Just be careful...I don't want TSR to end up like SilvaGunner did, with the entire database and years of ripping work being nuked because of one copyright complaint. ^^;

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Heykinox - 11-27-2014

(11-26-2014, 02:49 PM)Ton Wrote: Plus, nintendo recently said that their properties are a-ok for fan use.

I'm making Pokemon games and I'd like to get the source, just in case.