The VG Resource
Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Pokémon Model Ripping Project (/thread-25872.html)

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Pik - 11-03-2014

Oh man, somehow some dude on KCMM forums got the Smash 4 models. Did you release them anywhere, RTB?

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Mystie - 11-03-2014

(11-03-2014, 12:12 AM)Pik Wrote: Oh man, somehow some dude on KCMM forums got the Smash 4 models. Did you release them anywhere, RTB?

He released them on the Steam Workshop.

Mega Man: http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=334780118
Pac-Man, Shulk, and Mimicutie: http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=334785796

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 11-03-2014

(11-03-2014, 12:10 AM)LDEJRuff Wrote: Rats. I was going to request the Pikachu family after Frogadier got submitted. Oh, well. (shrugs)
I figured that I'd rip Pikachu's models since it's pretty much the mascot of the whole Pokémon series.

(11-03-2014, 12:12 AM)Pik Wrote: Oh man, somehow some dude on KCMM forums got the Smash 4 models. Did you release them anywhere, RTB?
Yeah, and KTH didn't even bother giving me credit for ripping the models in the first place for the Garry's Mod ports that Apoc Hedgie and I made. >:V

...I will be submitting those to The Models Resource sometime soon, though. Just need to extract their low-poly models to go with 'em, as per suggestion.

Here's about half of the bunch I had planned. Second half sometime later this week.

#025 Pikachu
#025 Pikachu
#026 Raichu
#026 Raichu
#133 Eevee
#133 Eevee
#152 Chikorita
#152 Chikorita
#153 Bayleef
#153 Bayleef
#154 Meganium
#154 Meganium
#172 Pichu
#172 Pichu
#193 Yanma
#193 Yanma
#213 Shuckle
#213 Shuckle
#417 Pachirisu
#417 Pachirisu
#469 Yanmega
#469 Yanmega
#666 Vivillon
#666 Vivillon
#669 Flabébé
#669 Flabébé
#678 Meowstic
#678 Meowstic
PokéBalls
PokéBalls

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - starwingcorona - 11-03-2014

Would it be possible to add the XY player characters to the request list? Only reason I'm asking is because I'm pretty sure they're just a bunch of pieces with no real "base" model because customization feature.

(11-03-2014, 12:52 PM)starwingcorona Wrote: Would it be possible to add the XY player characters to the request list? Only reason I'm asking is because I'm pretty sure they're just a bunch of pieces with no real "base" model because customization feature.
I will get to that eventually.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Birthless_louie - 11-03-2014

May I request the Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza, the 3rd generation legendary pokemon?

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - MimiNeko - 11-03-2014

Hey, RTB, could you help me out? I`m trying to convert Meowstic for MMD, but since both sets of ears are on the same material, I`m having trouble separating them. Any advice you could offer?

(11-03-2014, 04:17 PM)MimiNeko Wrote: Hey, RTB, could you help me out? I`m trying to convert Meowstic for MMD, but since both sets of ears are on the same material, I`m having trouble separating them. Any advice you could offer?
What modelling program are you using? I have all of the models in one FBX/DAE since you can switch out whater parts you need, but if your program imports them all as one mesh, I can supply an alternate FBX/DAE file set for you.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - MimiNeko - 11-03-2014

(11-03-2014, 05:13 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(11-03-2014, 04:17 PM)MimiNeko Wrote: Hey, RTB, could you help me out? I`m trying to convert Meowstic for MMD, but since both sets of ears are on the same material, I`m having trouble separating them. Any advice you could offer?
What modelling program are you using? I have all of the models in one FBX/DAE since you can switch out whater parts you need, but if your program imports them all as one mesh, I can supply an alternate FBX/DAE file set for you.

I currently use Metasequoia, which tends to just lump everything together when importing. If i could get alternate files for each, that`d be really fantastic

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - jugol - 11-03-2014

(11-03-2014, 06:24 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
PokéBalls
PokéBalls

Just to know. Some of the DAE models for the Pokéballs don't load the texture, because these have an absolute route to the texture file like this:
Code:
<library_images>
    <image id="ob0201_00.png" name="ob0201_00_png">
      <init_from>file:///C:/Models/Pokemon%20XY/Pokeballs/Textures/ob0201_00.png</init_from>
    </image>
  </library_images>
It's not hard to fix with a text processor, but I just wanted to alert you.
Here are the fixed DAE files if you want.

(11-03-2014, 05:56 PM)jugol Wrote:
(11-03-2014, 06:24 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
PokéBalls
PokéBalls

Just to know. Some of the DAE models for the Pokéballs don't load the texture, because these have an absolute route to the texture file like this:

Code:
 <library_images>
   <image id="ob0201_00.png" name="ob0201_00_png">
     <init_from>file:///C:/Models/Pokemon%20XY/Pokeballs/Textures/ob0201_00.png</init_from>
   </image>
 </library_images>
It's not hard to fix with a text processor, but I just wanted to alert you.
Here are the fixed DAE files if you want.
Whoops! I have fixed that myself now, thanks for letting me know!

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Senshi - 11-03-2014

Welcome back RTB! Think you may have missed this one. =) (Or ignored on purpose, in which case, carry on!)

(10-30-2014, 08:29 PM)Senshi Wrote: Hey RTB, thanks for all your work, and for providing your MaxScript! By any chance, do you have any notes on the file format used? I'd love to port this script over to Blender, but doing it line by line seems like a major hassle. I would love you forever and seven weeks if you could provide me with a file spec or somesuch. =)

Cheers!

(11-03-2014, 07:00 PM)Senshi Wrote: Welcome back RTB! Think you may have missed this one. =) (Or ignored on purpose, in which case, carry on!)

(10-30-2014, 08:29 PM)Senshi Wrote: Hey RTB, thanks for all your work, and for providing your MaxScript! By any chance, do you have any notes on the file format used? I'd love to port this script over to Blender, but doing it line by line seems like a major hassle. I would love you forever and seven weeks if you could provide me with a file spec or somesuch. =)

Cheers!
I'll have to get back to you about that once I've figured out how to get things importing perfectly.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Senshi - 11-03-2014

(11-03-2014, 07:01 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: I'll have to get back to you about that once I've figured out how to get things importing perfectly.

Honestly, any notes so far would be fine by me. Smile I understand releasing incomplete stuff isn't much fun, but it would really be a huge help. Of course I'd also be sure to update you on anything I may find in the process as well!