The VG Resource
Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Pokémon Model Ripping Project (/thread-25872.html)

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - TheGamedawg - 10-29-2014

Roughly how long does it take to rip a single model? I'm curious. Also, if all the resources are free and if my computer can handle it then I might be interested in helping this project.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 10-29-2014

(10-29-2014, 11:51 AM)TheGamedawg Wrote: Roughly how long does it take to rip a single model?  I'm curious.  Also, if all the resources are free and if my computer can handle it  then I might be interested in helping this project.
It takes me about 10 minutes to half an hour depending on if the model needs its rigging groups manually fixed or not. Some like Castform took me about an hour and a half to get set up.

And yeah, the MaxScript used to import the models is linked to in the first post, and the .BIN files with the models aren't too far from that post. I'll work on a new texture pack a bit later, I need to make sure all of them are exported properly so there won't be any missing textures (like Blaziken and Charizard's flame textures, Spinda's mostly-everything, etc.).

And if you don't know how to make renders that match the ones I've done on the site, then don't worry about that, I can get that done if the models are ready.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - MimiNeko - 10-29-2014

What all does one need to do something like this? I`d be interesting in helping out, too.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - TheGamedawg - 10-29-2014

For crying out loud, I've been trying all night to install 3DS Max but it simply has not been working for me. That's a shame too, I really wanted to help with this project.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - hminth - 10-30-2014

(10-29-2014, 12:05 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: I'll work on a new texture pack a bit later, I need to make sure all of them are exported properly so there won't be any missing textures (like Blaziken and Charizard's flame textures, Spinda's mostly-everything, etc.).
solves my problem, thank you Smile
(10-29-2014, 02:33 PM)MimiNeko Wrote: What all does one need to do something like this? I`d be interesting in helping out, too.
you would need 3ds max (any version from 2010 to 2014 would work i think, you can try to get a free trial or the student version) and rtb's plugin installed.
within 3ds max you may need knowledge about "material id's", the "material editor", and i'd recommend the "selection list", probably about bone "transformation"/ "skin modifier" too, and of course how to "load a plugin" and how to "export" properly.
thx 2 u too

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Senshi - 10-30-2014

Hey RTB, thanks for all your work, and for providing your MaxScript! By any chance, do you have any notes on the file format used? I'd love to port this script over to Blender, but doing it line by line seems like a major hassle. I would love you forever and seven weeks if you could provide me with a file spec or somesuch. =)

Cheers!

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - TheGamedawg - 10-31-2014

It's been roughly 2 weeks since the last update to Models Resource. I was wondering how things were going.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - rafex - 10-31-2014

hello when you release more models like Mega charizard

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Garamonde - 10-31-2014

(10-31-2014, 06:29 AM)TheGamedawg Wrote: It's been roughly 2 weeks since the last update to Models Resource. I was wondering how things were going.

If you're referring to updates on the main site, then it can take anywhere from a few weeks to several months. There are only two people at most managing submissions for TMR and the main moderator of it doesn't have time to work on it constantly. I know it is exciting to see all the different models that have been added, but please bear with us because submissions often come in at an overwhelming rate so it's hard to get caught up.

(10-31-2014, 11:08 AM)rafex Wrote: hello when you release more models like Mega charizard

Mega Charizard is currently on RTB's (massive) request list, so he will get to them when he is able.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - TheFip - 10-31-2014

RTB what is the program that you use for opening the models?

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - DNFnuma - 10-31-2014

I may not know much about ripping models of Pokemon OR/AS, but I wish you luck.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - MimiNeko - 10-31-2014

Wondering if I could request Aarune`s overworld model, if at all possible Smile

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - GüntherTuben - 11-01-2014

All this looks pretty amazing, clearly a decent amount of work is put in to these.

...Also, I'd like to request Emolga, Dewott, and Oshawott.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 11-02-2014

Working on another bunch because of boredom, got Pikachu, Raichu, Eevee, Chikorita, Bayleef, Meganium, Pichu, Pachirisu, Flabébé, Meowstic and all 25 Poké Balls done so far. Will upload 'em and some more within a few days.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - DecaTilde - 11-03-2014

Rats. I was going to request the Pikachu family after Frogadier got submitted. Oh, well. (shrugs)