The VG Resource
Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Pokémon Model Ripping Project (/thread-25872.html)

RE: Pokémon X/Y Model Ripping Project - Demonslayerx8 - 10-16-2014

im not sure where thats at.. I only have the 8.garc file that was posted here... but glad to see u'll be able to get the 5 new mega evolutions in a few days..

also I looked at the header too, and they're very different compared to X/Y files

RE: Pokémon X/Y Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 10-16-2014

Getting there...!
[Image: PokemonORAS-MetaMegagross.png]

oohh not bad o:

RE: Pokémon X/Y Model Ripping Project - Pik - 10-16-2014

Mm baby that's what I like to see.

Would you say Smash or Pokemon is more of a priority at the moment?

(10-16-2014, 03:18 AM)Pik Wrote: Mm baby that's what I like to see.

Would you say Smash or Pokemon is more of a priority at the moment?
Good question -- I'm juggling both tasks at the moment. I think after I get the five OR/AS-exclusive Megas, I'll start working more on the latter.

question about the smash bros 3ds... how easy would it be to figure out the stage files? Im pretty sure they're the same format and all, but since they be stages and all..

(10-16-2014, 03:44 AM)Demonslayerx8 Wrote: question about the smash bros 3ds... how easy would it be to figure out the stage files? Im pretty sure they're the same format and all, but since they be stages and all..
Right now I haven't even fully figured out the model format... so I can't say until then. Probably easy enough once I've gotten the character models down pat.

ah alright, well take ur time then! Wish there was a way I could help.. but not sure if I'll be able to.. :/

RE: Pokémon X/Y Model Ripping Project - juhis - 10-16-2014

Because my requests were fulfilled, I would want to request entire Seedot -line if this is okay.

RE: Pokémon X/Y Model Ripping Project - Lilothestitch - 10-16-2014

RTB How do you merge the iris texture with the Pokemon eye texture?

(10-16-2014, 01:37 PM)Lilothestitch Wrote: RTB How do you merge the iris texture with the Pokemon eye texture?
Paint Shop Pro, I overlayed the iris on a separate layer over each eye texture that uses it (after adding pixels in each corner for alignment help), and used the "Alpha" from the eye's normals texture as a mask to merge them in properly.

RE: Pokémon X/Y Model Ripping Project - The 100 Mega Shock! - 10-16-2014

You can sort of merge the two alpha channels together with an RGB multiply map (or equvielent in your 3D software) and cropping the eye's mask; so it only shows the intersection of the eye's mask and the iris' mask, but that ends up looking a bit fuzzy around the edges of the eye when I tried it.

RE: Pokémon X/Y Model Ripping Project - Garamonde - 10-16-2014

(10-16-2014, 01:53 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(10-16-2014, 01:37 PM)Lilothestitch Wrote: RTB How do you merge the iris texture with the Pokemon eye texture?
Paint Shop Pro, I overlayed the iris on a separate layer over each eye texture that uses it (after adding pixels in each corner for alignment help), and used the "Alpha" from the eye's normals texture as a mask to merge them in properly.

Finally another PSP user! While admittedly the lack of full-on transparency is a bummer, the alpha mask function can still be useful (for non-anti-aliased images, that is) and IMO it has the best workspace I've ever seen for pixel-level image editing. Independently movable and zoomable (via mouse wheel scrolling) windows for each image :h:

[Image: PokemonORAS-May.png]
Progress? Progress. Still very broken as I'm trying to make heads and tails of this screwy BCH format.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Kawasuzu - 10-16-2014

I'm kind of curious, maybe this new BCH format is the same as Smash Bros?