The VG Resource
Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Pokémon Model Ripping Project (/thread-25872.html)

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - Catador~ - 04-07-2022

(04-07-2022, 11:26 AM)FreohrWeohnataKausta Wrote:
(04-07-2022, 11:06 AM)Catador~ Wrote: Hi guys. Is there a way to use the 3DS animations with the Pokémon Unite models?

Unlikely, since they most likely have incompatible skeletons/armatures. and animations for specific models need that specific skeleton with the correct bone names to work correctly.

That's unfortunate. I was trying to use the walking animation's cycle from the 3DS Lucario to the Lucario from the Pokémon Unite, as I wanted the Pokémon Unite skins animated. But thanks

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - GarrettD - 04-08-2022

Hey Im having some issues texturing my models that I got from the "Models UPDATED! 02/22/22)"
I downloaded the Sun/Moon models, animations, textures and open them up in Ohana3Ds, Export the model then import it into blender, click on the body material, add image texture as the base color and place the body texture that I exported from Ohana.

The issue is that my textures dont seem to be uv'd or tiled properly. Like his stomach coloring is cut off in the middle, his bone is half bone half body texture. When I look at tutorials on youtube all of them seem to just place their texture in and its all lined up properly. Any advice on this?

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - FreohrWeohnataKausta - 04-08-2022

(04-08-2022, 10:24 PM)GarrettD Wrote: Hey Im having some issues texturing my models that I got from the "Models UPDATED! 02/22/22)"
I downloaded the Sun/Moon models, animations, textures and open them up in Ohana3Ds, Export the model then import it into blender, click on the body material, add image texture as the base color and place the body texture that I exported from Ohana.

The issue is that my textures dont seem to be uv'd or tiled properly. Like his stomach coloring is cut off in the middle, his bone is half bone half body texture. When I look at tutorials on youtube all of them seem to just place their texture in and its all lined up properly. Any advice on this?

I suggest you check out this tutorial (https://youtu.be/Ewy5w3Nj_NA) as around the 11 or 12 minute mark, it starts going over the problem you're having. And the rest of it can be ignored, since it's not related to the pkmn sun moon textures, only Legends:Arceus

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - GarrettD - 04-09-2022

(04-08-2022, 11:13 PM)FreohrWeohnataKausta Wrote:
(04-08-2022, 10:24 PM)GarrettD Wrote: Hey Im having some issues texturing my models that I got from the "Models UPDATED! 02/22/22)"

I suggest you check out this tutorial (https://youtu.be/Ewy5w3Nj_NA) as around the 11 or 12 minute mark, it starts going over the problem you're having. And the rest of it can be ignored, since it's not related to the pkmn sun moon textures, only Legends:Arceus
Yall are freakin life savers over here! I started working on this project by grabbing a caterpie model off sketchfab, rigging it, and hand animating the walk cycle based off of some sun and moon footage lol... Now Ive got a library of models and animations, textures that actually line up! (thx again!). I cant wait to show off some of the progress on my pokemon VR game/experience!

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - Gugyugubah - 04-13-2022

I'm really sorry, I'm a complete noob to this and don't know how the technicalities work but if I may ask, is there any progress on ripping Origin Dialga/Palkia?

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - Lilothestitch - 04-13-2022

(04-13-2022, 02:12 PM)Gugyugubah Wrote: I'm really sorry, I'm a complete noob to this and don't know how the technicalities work but if I may ask, is there any progress on ripping Origin Dialga/Palkia?

Not yet but I might be able to do it. I would have to bake the textures as well.

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - Gugyugubah - 04-13-2022

(04-13-2022, 02:14 PM)Lilothestitch Wrote:
(04-13-2022, 02:12 PM)Gugyugubah Wrote: I'm really sorry, I'm a complete noob to this and don't know how the technicalities work but if I may ask, is there any progress on ripping Origin Dialga/Palkia?

Not yet but I might be able to do it. I would have to bake the textures as well.

Please prioritize your convenience but it would be an enormous help if you really could!! Thank you so much for your time! Sorry for the selfish request.

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - Lilothestitch - 04-13-2022

(04-13-2022, 02:20 PM)Gugyugubah Wrote:
(04-13-2022, 02:14 PM)Lilothestitch Wrote:

Please prioritize your convenience but it would be an enormous help if you really could!! Thank you so much for your time! Sorry for the selfish request.

It’s fine. I’ll do what I can.

I wish the Nintendo Switch Version of Pokémon HOME had the model viewer and the Pokémon models just like the mobile version. I’m still having trouble getting the ones from the mobile version.

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - Luke824 - 04-14-2022

I guess if it was easier then the Home textures would have been ripped already. I've seen evidence that it's possible, though.

Again, I appreciate your efforts. Take as much time as you need.

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - Lilothestitch - 04-14-2022

(04-14-2022, 03:23 PM)Luke824 Wrote: I guess if it was easier then the Home textures would have been ripped already. I've seen evidence that it's possible, though.

I used Ninja Ripper to rip them but it was tricky. Do you guys have any other suggestions to rip from Android Games?

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - BlastoiseTheVGRipper - 04-17-2022

(04-14-2022, 11:15 PM)Lilothestitch Wrote:
(04-14-2022, 03:23 PM)Luke824 Wrote: I guess if it was easier then the Home textures would have been ripped already. I've seen evidence that it's possible, though.

I used Ninja Ripper to rip them but it was tricky. Do you guys have any other suggestions to rip from Android Games?

Renaming the .apk to a .zip helps. 

As there is some games that have the game content already in the .apk file.

For games that use Unity, AssetStudio will help.

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - Lilothestitch - 04-17-2022

(04-17-2022, 12:11 AM)Nidoking Wrote:
(04-14-2022, 11:15 PM)Lilothestitch Wrote:

Renaming the .apk to a .zip helps. 

As there is some games that have the game content already in the .apk file.

For games that use Unity, AssetStudio will help.

I tried that but I didn’t find much. Unless I have to find the root for it?

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - F0x06 - 04-26-2022

(09-14-2014, 04:15 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: As some of you might've seen already, I've got the know-how to get the models from any of the 3DS / Switch Pokémon games with their original bone structures and rigging. I'll be using this topic as a hub for any Pokémon model requests for me to rip and upload, and only up to 3 requests per person at a time -- once I get those done, you're welcome to ask for some more. Just keep in mind I'll be working on these during my spare time, so don't expect 'em right away (way too outdated, ignore this).

What you'll need:
Models (UPDATED! 02/22/22)
-----
3DS:
Ohana3DS Rebirth
Ohana3DS Rebirth Hacky Workaround (by waielal, loads broken files)
-----
Let's Go + Sword/Shield + Legends: Arceus:
GFBMDL / TRMDL Model MAXScript (UPDATED! 02/06/22)
Nintendo Switch - BNTX, BFRES and BFFNT to DDS (UPDATED! 02/25/22)
- (Alternate BNTX script, exports to same folder instead of subfolder.)
-----
New Pokémon Snap:
NUSRCMDLB Model MaxScript (NEW! 05/26/21)
NUTEXB-to-DDS Texture QuickBMS Script (NEW! 05/26/21)
-----
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl:
AssetStudio

Currently uploaded:
Pokémon X / Y
Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire
Pokémon Sun / Moon
Pokémon Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon
Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! / Eevee!
Pokémon Sword / Shield
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl

Hi! I'm trying to extract Pokemon animations from "Pokemon Legends: Arceus" using those scripts. I managed to find models/animations and, using TRMDL MAXscript, i exported models in .smd format. Now, animations are in .gfbanim format, and SwitchToolbox allows you to export them in .smd only if a model is selected. This can't be done with PLA models, because SwitchToolbox, for some reason, crashes when you try to select PLA models. Now, considering that i have extracted the models, is there a way to parse .gfbanim too, exporting animations in .smd? Thanks in advance, and sorry for the bad english, it's a pretty complicate topic for me to express myself in a correct way, since i'm not a native speaker...

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - F0x06 - 04-27-2022

Hi guys! I'd like to share with you my reasoning to overcome the .gfbanm problem. Maybe it could be helpful for people like me who wants to put hands on PLA animations. I'd like to state that i'm a developer, but i know nothing about ripping, so my attempt could seem pretty clamsy.

Basically, i tried to reverse engineer the process behind the .gfbanm exporting process.

I created a Resources folder (In SwitchToolbox Folder) containing the smd models i extracted with RandomTalkingBush TRMDL Importer MaxScript; i wanted to use them just for their skeletons.

I modified the code to get the active skeleton of a STSkeletonAnimation, loading the skeleton of the smd model i extracted previously rather than using gfbmdl, which, for now, it's not supported by Switch Toolbox. 

This is an extract of the animation i exported. It seems to be in a correct format, it has the correct number of frames too, but it's broken. 

Do you have any idea about where the problem is? 
Thanks in advance!

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - Lilothestitch - 04-27-2022

(04-27-2022, 02:11 PM)F0x06 Wrote: Hi guys! I'd like to share with you my reasoning to overcome the .gfbanm problem. Maybe it could be helpful for people like me who wants to put hands on PLA animations. I'd like to state that i'm a developer, but i know nothing about ripping, so my attempt could seem pretty clamsy.

Basically, i tried to reverse engineer the process behind the .gfbanm exporting process.

I created a Resources folder (In SwitchToolbox Folder) containing the smd models i extracted with RandomTalkingBush TRMDL Importer MaxScript; i wanted to use them just for their skeletons.

I modified the code to get the active skeleton of a STSkeletonAnimation, loading the skeleton of the smd model i extracted previously rather than using gfbmdl, which, for now, it's not supported by Switch Toolbox. 

This is an extract of the animation i exported. It seems to be in a correct format, it has the correct number of frames too, but it's broken. 

Do you have any idea about where the problem is? 
Thanks in advance!
How did you get the Legends Arceus models loaded in the Switch Toolbox?