The VG Resource
Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Pokémon Model Ripping Project (/thread-25872.html)

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - unbecomingname - 02-06-2022

(02-06-2022, 08:07 PM)Amalgam Wildcard Wrote: Can someone explain to me how the BDSP folder works in comparison to the other folders uploaded? Or maybe I'm missing something? It's full of "FILE" files

BDSP is made in Unity, so the file formats n such are different compared to the usual engine they use. AssetStudio should be able to load everything you need from in the program without any extra tools.

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - FreohrWeohnataKausta - 02-06-2022

(02-06-2022, 08:07 PM)Amalgam Wildcard Wrote: Can someone explain to me how the BDSP folder works in comparison to the other folders uploaded? Or maybe I'm missing something? It's full of "FILE" files

Also, FreohrWeohnataKausta, thanks for that video! I've definitely been having issues with the Legends: Arceus folder as well so I'll definitely have to study that video a bit. I know you're using Blender for your video, but I'm definitely curious if that can logically cross over to UE4 and how materials work there (It'd definitely save me a step if it does, but I'll definitely give that video a watch... probably multiple times haha)

for the BDSP files, what unbecomingname said, so you'll have to use AssetStudio- there's a link in the first post- to extract the files. I'm fairly sure there's a few tutorials over that elsewhere.

And no problem! You can probably do that if you have sufficient knowledge of UE4 nodes and such, being able to convert the blender version to UE. And it's completely fine to watch that video multiple times over, there's a lot packed into it, and I don't always say which shortcuts i'm using at the time.

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - cardue - 02-06-2022

https://gyazo.com/b780544b8859a4d5339f891b0434e325
Thank you FreohrWeohnataKausta!

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - FreohrWeohnataKausta - 02-06-2022

(02-06-2022, 10:00 PM)cardue Wrote: https://gyazo.com/b780544b8859a4d5339f891b0434e325
Thank you FreohrWeohnataKausta!

No Problem at all! The boi do be looking Good!

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - senpai-satan - 02-07-2022

can i request to have the animations ripped for hisui Zorua?
i understand if thats not possible or very time consuming tho ;v;

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - FreohrWeohnataKausta - 02-07-2022

(02-07-2022, 11:41 AM)senpai-satan Wrote: can i request to have the animations ripped for hisui Zorua?

the animation files haven't been ripped yet because they use a new format that OP and others haven't figured out yet. I don't know of any ETA, but it's likely to be a month or two (more or less), since these things typically take a while.

(02-07-2022, 11:46 AM)FreohrWeohnataKausta Wrote:
(02-07-2022, 11:41 AM)senpai-satan Wrote: can i request to have the animations ripped for hisui Zorua?

the animation files haven't been ripped yet because they use a new format that OP and others haven't figured out yet. I don't know of any ETA, but it's likely to be a month or two (more or less), since these things typically take a while.

oh alright!i assume thats for all the switch games or is it just for legends? thank you so much for the reply c:

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - FreohrWeohnataKausta - 02-07-2022

(02-07-2022, 11:57 AM)senpai-satan Wrote:

oh alright!i assume thats for all the switch games or is it just for legends? thank you so much for the reply c:

just legends for now, i think. you can check the MEGA and see if there's animations for other games. I haven't specifically looked for them, but i think i saw a few when i glanced through.

(02-07-2022, 02:30 PM)New3DsSuchti Wrote:

Yes, they are a new format, the format is called now .tranm instead of .gfbanm but I managed to rip animations days ago : D
Luckily they are not weirdly blended like in SwSh so animations are actually useful now : D
[Image: unknown.png]
(Dunno how to post a video here, sorry)

Ah, so the time for ripping is even less than what I assumed. Amazing. Gonna take a wild guess and say that the time for all the animations to be available in the MEGA will be either in the next few days or week. Can't wait for that to happen.

(02-07-2022, 02:42 PM)FreohrWeohnataKausta Wrote:
(02-07-2022, 02:30 PM)New3DsSuchti Wrote:
(02-07-2022, 11:46 AM)FreohrWeohnataKausta Wrote: the animation files haven't been ripped yet because they use a new format that OP and others haven't figured out yet. I don't know of any ETA, but it's likely to be a month or two (more or less), since these things typically take a while.

Yes, they are a new format, the format is called now .tranm instead of .gfbanm but I managed to rip animations days ago : D
Luckily they are not weirdly blended like in SwSh so animations are actually useful now : D
[Image: unknown.png]
(Dunno how to post a video here, sorry)

Ah, so the time for ripping is even less than what I assumed. Amazing. Gonna take a wild guess and say that the time for all the animations to be available in the MEGA will be either in the next few days or week. Can't wait for that to happen.

ohhh! thats amazing! i cant wait to see the results!

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - DogToon64 - 02-07-2022

Don't mean to interrupt anything, but I thought I'd mention Gigantamax Lapras is up on the Models Resource now:
#131 Lapras (Gigantamax)
#131 Lapras (Gigantamax)

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - crist0393 - 02-08-2022

What do I need to extract the models from Pokemon Legends Arceus? I already have the nca and the Switch Toolbox but I don't have the title.keys

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 02-08-2022

(02-08-2022, 06:14 PM)crist0393 Wrote: What do I need to extract the models from Pokemon Legends Arceus? I already have the nca and the Switch Toolbox but I don't have the title.keys
Depends on what you're looking for. We can't help you with the latter as it goes against the rules of the site, but if you're looking to extract the trainer or Pokémon models, they're already all ripped and properly named in the folder linked to in the first post. If you're looking for map models, good luck. You'll need Aluigi's QuickBMS program and his "Pokemon Gflxpack" script from here to unpack the respective GFPAK files (Switch Toolbox currently has issues from what I can tell), then you'd need to search through the output for multiple files relating to the model in question (most have five -- TRMBF, TRMDL, TRMSH, TRMTR and TRSKL) and name those all correctly, as they're normally hashed and don't have proper names otherwise (hence why I went through the effort of doing so for the models mentioned earlier).

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - crist0393 - 02-08-2022

(02-08-2022, 06:28 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 06:14 PM)crist0393 Wrote: What do I need to extract the models from Pokemon Legends Arceus? I already have the nca and the Switch Toolbox but I don't have the title.keys
Depends on what you're looking for. We can't help you with the latter as it goes against the rules of the site, but if you're looking to extract the trainer or Pokémon models, they're already all ripped and properly named in the folder linked to in the first post. If you're looking for map models, good luck. You'll need Aluigi's QuickBMS program and his "Pokemon Gflxpack" script from here to unpack the respective GFPAK files (Switch Toolbox currently has issues from what I can tell), then you'd need to search through the output for multiple files relating to the model in question (most have five -- TRMBF, TRMDL, TRMSH, TRMTR and TRSKL) and name those all correctly, as they're normally hashed and don't have proper names otherwise (hence why I went through the effort of doing so for the models mentioned earlier).

Thanks for the response. I was looking for the models. Now I have to know how to import them to Blender.

RE: Pokémon 3DS/Switch Model Ripping Project - FreohrWeohnataKausta - 02-08-2022

(02-08-2022, 06:46 PM)crist0393 Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 06:28 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:

Thanks for the response. I was looking for the models. Now I have to know how to import them to Blender.

I actually have a neat lil tutorial over that: https://youtu.be/Ewy5w3Nj_NA