The VG Resource
Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Pokémon Model Ripping Project (/thread-25872.html)

RE: Pokémon X/Y Model Ripping Project - Demonslayerx8 - 10-12-2014

report:
Infernape has no objects imported at all, just his bonetree... im guessing its the same issue as Palkia and others that dont match?

RE: Pokémon X/Y Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 10-12-2014

(10-12-2014, 12:16 AM)Demonslayerx8 Wrote: report:
Infernape has no objects imported at all, just his bonetree... im guessing its the same issue as Palkia and others that dont match?
Actually that's another problem that's completely unrelated -- I have certain vertex lengths read from "flag sets" due to what kinds of information's stored (second Normals set, colour values, 2 3 or 4 bone IDs/weights, etc.), and the one for Infernape wasn't set up at all, which caused it to crap out. Good news is I fixed that and updated the script (again, re-download it), bad news is the outer layer of its firey hair is not reading its rigging information correctly, that of which is the same problem as Palkia had where it's not reading the right node ID set for it.

That, and the supposed flags are inconsistent with the other models that have the same sets. For Infernape, it's reading it as colour values when it should be bone IDs...

I can send you a fixed version of the model tomorrow if you want me to.

RE: Pokémon X/Y Model Ripping Project - Kawasuzu - 10-12-2014

It seems like Arceus has no problems what-so-ever, which is good.

[Image: 78f7883872.jpg]

Actually, the tips of its feet and its forehead thing have broken rigging, from what I can see. Sick

RE: Pokémon X/Y Model Ripping Project - Kawasuzu - 10-12-2014

Well, that is disappointing. What's even more disappointing is that I already exported the model to four formats. Once the script has been fixed some more, I can use the script on Arceus again.

(10-12-2014, 12:53 AM)Goldtex Wrote: Well, that is disappointing. What's even more disappointing is that I already exported the model to four formats. Once the script has been fixed some more, I can use the script on Arceus again.
Yeah, sorry about that. I'll fix that as soon as I'm able to.

it seems like Infernape is missing 1 texture.. FireCoreA1..

also exporting as a DAE, they dont want to import into BB for some reason for me.. unless i delete its rig then its fine.

RE: Pokémon X/Y Model Ripping Project - Ocelot33 - 10-12-2014

You've really made my day, I've been checking here everyday to see if there were new models.

I got a question if anyone could please help:
I use Cinema 4d and can't get the iris textures to appear only inside the area of the eye. I tried with alpha channels and transparency but no luck, they just keep showing over outside as in the inside of the eye.
I see by your renders that you could solve this issue, it would be awesome if anyone could explain this to me. Thanks a lot.

RE: Pokémon X/Y Model Ripping Project - senjen - 10-12-2014

@ ocelot33 sounds like you need to flip the normals not sure how to do so in cinema 4d since i use blender.

also guys stop pestering rtb i said this last time as well and no body listened let him do it at his own pace you guys would be upset to if people kept pestering you about it.

RE: Pokémon X/Y Model Ripping Project - Labbed - 10-12-2014

(10-11-2014, 07:33 AM)o0DemonBoy0o Wrote: It was missing faces on it's face.

That sounds quite funny actually. Just wanted to point that out.

And RTB, you are awesome [Image: thumbsup.png]
Don't feel like this is something you have to do as quick as possible just because a lot of people expect you to. As senjen said, work on it at your own pace! If you ever feel stressed, you should take a break.

RE: Pokémon X/Y Model Ripping Project - Ocelot33 - 10-12-2014

(10-12-2014, 02:39 PM)senjen Wrote: @ ocelot33 sounds like you need to flip the normals not sure how to do so in cinema 4d since i use blender.

I tried with flipping the normals in Blender too but it doesn't seem to solve it, I'm sorry if this is a novice question, maybe if I could see an example on how to do it on a certain model (I'm trying it on bayleef). If necessary I can use another software. There's probably more people who had the same issue with eyes.

(10-12-2014, 12:52 PM)Ocelot33 Wrote: You've really made my day, I've been checking here everyday to see if there were new models.

I got a question if anyone could please help:
I use Cinema 4d and can't get the iris textures to appear only inside the area of the eye. I tried with alpha channels and transparency but no luck, they just keep showing over outside as in the inside of the eye.
I see by your renders that you could solve this issue, it would be awesome if anyone could explain this to me. Thanks a lot.
Change the texture tiling to 4 for both U and V, and flip the X value on the left iris. This should make them appear properly. Either that, or edit the iris texture directly to be tiled the same way as the eye textures are.

RE: Pokémon X/Y Model Ripping Project - Lilothestitch - 10-12-2014

(10-10-2014, 08:54 PM)Kazo Wrote: For anyone interested. here is pretty much every pokemon model in obj/mtl format with textures, no bones.

https://www.mediafire.com/?3s1egblj1u33ktw

there are some problems with some of them but i am not interested to work on them anymore. just going to wait for RTB models with bones, but decided to upload these for anyone who wants to look at them while waiting,. comes with a simple browser based model viewer, just open index.html. These where ripped all at once with a program i made, and then been going through tweaking things manually.
When I import a model, the textures don't import.

(10-12-2014, 06:18 PM)Lilothestitch Wrote:
(10-10-2014, 08:54 PM)Kazo Wrote: For anyone interested. here is pretty much every pokemon model in obj/mtl format with textures, no bones.

https://www.mediafire.com/?3s1egblj1u33ktw

there are some problems with some of them but i am not interested to work on them anymore. just going to wait for RTB models with bones, but decided to upload these for anyone who wants to look at them while waiting,. comes with a simple browser based model viewer, just open index.html. These where ripped all at once with a program i made, and then been going through tweaking things manually.
When I import a model, the textures don't import.

you have to manually add the textures onto the mesh

(10-12-2014, 03:11 AM)Demonslayerx8 Wrote: it seems like Infernape is missing 1 texture.. FireCoreA1..

also exporting as a DAE, they dont want to import into BB for some reason for me.. unless i delete its rig then its fine.

[Image: pm0392_00_FireCoreA1.png] [Image: pm0392_00_FireCoreA2.png]

Here's both of the broken textures. The format wasn't included in the BCH2PNG converters, and is a "half byte" in a sense, first part is for one pixel and the second is for the other.