The VG Resource
SHE (still) WANTS THE 3D - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Creativity (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-126.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Models / Textures (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-128.html)
+--- Thread: SHE (still) WANTS THE 3D (/thread-25825.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

SHE (still) WANTS THE 3D - Vipershark - 09-05-2014

Archived thread here: http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-24229.html
Basically this is the general thread for posting 3D models in.

I'm taking two modeling classes this semester, so I should have a lot to show...
[Image: tKHXRFr.png]
We're using Maya 2015 this semester (we used 3DS Max previously) so this is the base assignment to get used to the controls and stuff. Maya isn't... TOO different from Max, but going into it is quite an experience if you don't know anything about it since it's got a really weird interface.

RE: SHE (still) WANTS THE 3D - Rystar - 09-05-2014

So... um, why is the general Custom Models thread not in the Custom Models section?

RE: SHE (still) WANTS THE 3D - E-Man - 09-05-2014

Hey, Vipershark, since I have some experience with Maya, mind if I lend a hand?

RE: SHE (still) WANTS THE 3D - Garamonde - 09-05-2014

(09-05-2014, 06:55 AM)Rystar Wrote: So... um, why is the general Custom Models thread not in the Custom Models section?

Probably because no one visits that forum and seeing it here, where nearly everyone frequents, might encourage them to jump in on it.

EDIT:To add on, this thread is okay here because it's a thread to show off people's creativity and get criticism with models and such, much like the doodles thread. So, basically this is the doodle thread for models.

EDIT 2: Whoops I'm wrong ignore me. Shy

RE: SHE (still) WANTS THE 3D - Vipershark - 09-05-2014

(09-05-2014, 06:55 AM)Rystar Wrote: So... um, why is the general Custom Models thread not in the Custom Models section?

Oop!
My bad, I made this thread at like 6 am and completely forgot we actually have a real models section beyond the resource area now.
I'll move it over.

(09-05-2014, 07:06 AM)E-Man Wrote: Hey, Vipershark, since I have some experience with Maya, mind if I lend a hand?

Nah, I actually have previous experience with Maya myself, I just had to get used to some new things regarding the layout as far as the 2015 update goes (which is why they gave us the base assignment to get the controls down.) I'm good though, but thanks anyway.

RE: SHE (still) WANTS THE 3D - Sketchasaurus - 09-07-2014

Since it seems this is an open topic for everyone to post their 3D modeling related stuff, I'll go ahead and post what I've been fiddling with in the past few days:
This is an early render of the basic layout, following the concept art more closely.
[Image: O1RNkZA.png]
and here's the current layout of the scene, modified based on finding references for apartment layouts and also importing one of the character models for reference of scale and how the overall set feels in relation to the character:
[Image: WuDKKrA.png]

Everything is cubes at the moment because I want to establish the general layout of the set before going into asset creation for each part which I'll be modeling in separate scenes and re-importing into this one after they're completed.

I'm glad to have found a way to set up an isometric camera based off of this page here: http://www.pixelpilot.dk/isometric.htm with a few minor changes to the way I positioned the camera, so I didn't have to mess with the anchor point.

RE: SHE (still) WANTS THE 3D - Gors - 09-09-2014

yo fuck

[Image: dbbfee11edfab33bbbc9e8000d59e962.png]

[Image: 1ab7423ce96b9fe96fe8dd0d0b734c08.png]

[Image: 166859701af61c289fac7a9e3b9f3415.png]

Runa!

RE: SHE (still) WANTS THE 3D - TGE - 09-15-2014

please google 'model topology' Wink

RE: SHE (still) WANTS THE 3D - Vipershark - 09-23-2014

[Image: j71TZ2G.png]
Another assignment. Guess what it's supposed to be.

RE: SHE (still) WANTS THE 3D - Garamonde - 09-23-2014

wow, that's intrashting

I'll show myself out

RE: SHE (still) WANTS THE 3D - [robo9] - 09-23-2014

Can it, Jetters

RE: SHE (still) WANTS THE 3D - E-Man - 09-23-2014

You don't suppose a green fuzzy monster with a unibrow and a bad temper is inside that trash can, do you?

RE: SHE (still) WANTS THE 3D - Shade - 09-23-2014

That's a chef hat, right?

RE: SHE (still) WANTS THE 3D - E-Man - 05-30-2015

Since this is the community modeling thread and I don't exactly have any plans of starting my own thread for modeling development, I decided to show progress on a quick model of Anju I'm creating on and off for fun. So far, I drew up the reference for the character.

[Image: lEfnxtO.png]

I plan to lay down the polygons when I'm not so busy with my Paper Mario stuff. For now, do you see any anatomy issues that I honestly need to sort out?

RE: SHE (still) WANTS THE 3D - Guy - 05-30-2015

(05-30-2015, 09:22 AM)E-Man Wrote: Since this is the community modeling thread and I don't exactly have any plans of starting my own thread for modeling development, I decided to show progress on a quick model of Anju I'm creating on and off for fun. So far, I drew up the reference for the character.
[snip]
I plan to lay down the polygons when I'm not so busy with my Paper Mario stuff. For now, do you see any anatomy issues that I honestly need to sort out?
Where do I start..
A paintover of the most glaring issues, just take your time and try to improve every time you make something.

Hopefully this helps a bit.
[Image: tuSb2Ks.png]