The VG Resource
Ripping models from 3ds games - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Ripping models from 3ds games (/thread-25812.html)

Pages: 1 2

Ripping models from 3ds games - Manki - 09-02-2014

Hello everyone,

Due to the breakthroughs in 3ds rom decrypting, it is now possible to extract resources of 3ds games, using the tutorial here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/extracting-models-and-textures-from-3ds-games.370788/

When you get the resource files, slide them over into a hex editor to see if they contain the leters "cgfx" to find if they are rippable or not.

I was able to extract models and textures from RF4 as a result

Does anyone recognize this character?
http://oi60.tinypic.com/ejtw8i.jpg

I hope to make this a thread of rips from the wonderful games we play.

RE: Ripping 3ds Models - Random Talking Bush - 09-02-2014

Why am I like the only person who can't do this myself?

Judging by the filename, quick research shows that would be Forte.

RE: Ripping models from 3ds games - Manki - 09-11-2014

@RTB
Why yes it is!
Forgot to blur out the file name, lol.
--

Managed to find the models of persona q labyrinth of shadows.

Their is already a tutorial on the link about to get the resource files, but when you do, your going to find cpk file. Use the cpk extractor found here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/lk6934xwm3dbr16/utf_tab07b7_special_nunsg.rar

go into battle, model, then player folder to find the character models. Load the BAM files in hex and youl see its a cgfx, in hex editor, delete everything from cgfx and above and rename as a cgfx file. Load it into neosis to get model, load it into textureripper to get textures.

Model of Yukari found here:
https://mega.co.nz/#!3BAXUa7Q!f8N5tfaF8st0mTwGIXhY9IwSJLdw3LWSi_DICgNQmKY

When I load the obj into an editor, the uv's seem messed up to the point of me not being able to apply the textures to the model, does anyone else have this problem?

RE: Ripping models from 3ds games - Mystie - 09-11-2014

(09-11-2014, 12:30 PM)Manki Wrote: When I load the obj into an editor, the uv's seem messed up to the point of me not being able to apply the textures to the model, does anyone else have this problem?

Yep, I've been encountering the same problem. In addition, some of the models I try to rip get their parts all jumbled up (like the Animal Crossing citizens for example).

I'm just going to wait until that one guy on GBATemp releases his 3DS model viewer/exporter before I look at any more 3DS models.

RE: Ripping models from 3ds games - Lilothestitch - 09-25-2014

Is it possible to rip models from Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney?

RE: Ripping models from 3ds games - Farlavor - 10-31-2014

I know Lilo is already banned but I wont hesitate to answer.

It's possible to rip models from any 3ds game, as long as you know how to convert the unknown model files it may have (unless you are lucky enough to find Brres files in the rom and you know how to use Brres viewer Cute ), and you know scripting, as RTB did with Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS and perhaps he will do with Super Smash Bros 4 as well. Besides, if I finish learning the model extracting, maybe I won't need to learn how to make scripts or converting, Becuz sadly I don't know since I only learned GW Basic language (in the 80s), perhaps somebody will help me... or at least that's what I believe.

RE: Ripping models from 3ds games - Turbo Thunderbolt - 11-01-2014

Brres is NOT the format 3ds models use.

RE: Ripping models from 3ds games - Carpaccio - 11-01-2014

...So who is gonna be the first to delve into the 3DS release of Sonic Boom and see if anything can be extracted? I know it's not even released yet, but never to early to start planning, you know. The three models I want from 3DS as a whole are Eggman from Sonic Boom, Erutus Profiteur from Bravely Default, and Xerosic from Pokemon X/Y. I know everyone is excited and ready to snatch up what they can, but patience is needed and appreciated. I'm waiting to finish my collection of models, and every day I check back to see new developments. It's an exciting process and I'm thankful for those who are working on these things.

RE: Ripping models from 3ds games - Farlavor - 11-03-2014

I tried to extract models from Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate, but with no avail.
when I get the ROMFS, it have less space than I expected (1.4GB of 2GB from original Rom)
and when I tried to decrypt into a XORpad, an error message pops up.

I tried both 3DSExplorer and XOR.EXE with the same results, on 3DSExplorer gives a CRC error or corrupted file.
on XOR, the XORpad is generated with same file size but I'm unable to extract anything with Ctrtool.

Unless something is wrong with the tutorial, or the rom file itself, What can I really do?
if I cannot extract files succesfully from a very old rom like that, then what can I do with roms like Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, Toriko Gourmet Monsters or other similar roms?

PS: I may give to RTB a PM to the page link where I get the roms and try to extract them. but I prefer to let him focus on Pokemon X/Y as well as the Hoenn remakes, becuz there's still plenty of pokemon to extract (including trainers and other stuff)

Edit: I found out what to do after making the ROMFS, but I have a problem... I cannot find the file "CTR-P-AREP0.romfs.xorpad" isn't neither on any of the zipped files (3DSExplorer, getromfs, or 3ds ctr decryptor)... Once again I'm stuck. What should I do?.  Cry

PS: Anything else being forced to do Gateway on 3DS, becuz I have it updated on upper than 4.5 so Gateway or other Flashcarts will not work.

RE: Ripping models from 3ds games - skybluedeizu - 04-18-2015

I've been looking for 3DS models for Persona Q - I don't have a 3DS with the proper firmware to decrypt the rom and extract the models.  Could you possibly post or message me links of the other models please? I've been trying to find the Chie model.  

RE: Ripping models from 3ds games - TGE - 05-10-2015

Okay so Parax and me made a CGFX maxscript that imports the models with skeletons and rigging but I'd like some more samples to test, anyone got a list of games that use the format? Or maybe even some samples, thanks.

(04-18-2015, 07:57 AM)skybluedeizu Wrote: I've been looking for 3DS models for Persona Q - I don't have a 3DS with the proper firmware to decrypt the rom and extract the models.  Could you possibly post or message me links of the other models please? I've been trying to find the Chie model.  
I've ripped those models already, they should be up anytime soon. Here's the link to the Chie model

RE: Ripping models from 3ds games - claudiuboy83 - 01-08-2016

Castlevania Mirror of Fate decrypted 3DS ????

RE: Ripping models from 3ds games - Bomba1749 - 06-17-2020

is there any way to rip models from citra?
I have a game i want the models from, but they're in a format that currently no (working) tools can open. Is there any way i can rip the models by dumping them from citra?

RE: Ripping models from 3ds games - ninetalescommander - 06-19-2020

(06-17-2020, 06:43 PM)Bomba1749 Wrote: is there any way to rip models from citra?
I have a game i want the models from, but they're in a format that currently no (working) tools can open. Is there any way i can rip the models by dumping them from citra?

Citra can only dump textures. What game are you trying to rip from?

RE: Ripping models from 3ds games - Bomba1749 - 06-30-2020

(06-19-2020, 05:09 PM)ninetalescommander Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 06:43 PM)Bomba1749 Wrote: is there any way to rip models from citra?

Citra can only dump textures. What game are you trying to rip from?
yokai watch. Currently and probably in the future, there arent any model viewers for its files, so it would be neat if I could extract them via citra.