The VG Resource
Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-135.html)
+--- Thread: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD (/thread-25759.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Omega - 09-08-2014

This is the first day of a looong week no telling when street date can be breaked.

be prepared folks.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - E-Man - 09-08-2014

(09-08-2014, 02:06 AM)Jermungandr Wrote: On a side note, I think this absolutely confirms that there are no stickers to be found this time. Not that I think many people particularly care ...

(09-08-2014, 05:06 AM)Koopaul Wrote: Stickers was a cheap way into tricking the audience that there was a lot more content than there actually was. No one fell for it.

Let's not forget that the only purpose of stickers was to increase the stats of fighters in the Subspace Emissary, and since that's not coming back...

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - TomGuycott - 09-08-2014

Well, it IS coming back, in the form of selectable parts to customize the character rather than stickers.

Honestly, the stickers placed on a limited space to upgrade yourself was slightly interesting. However, it was pretty contrived and confusing, as some upgrades didn't even seem to make a clear difference. Parts for customization makes a lot more sense and seems a lot clearer now.

If stickers were a feature in a Smash game made in the age when the internet was slow an near useless for most people with it, it would have been an interesting touch. However, in this age we can have all the known Nintendo concept art at our fingertips online, so... it is not as enthralling.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - senjen - 09-08-2014

Something big is happening this friday for the game look at this

http://nintendoeverything.com/smash-bros-3ds-stream-to-be-held-on-niconico-this-friday/

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Koopaul - 09-08-2014

Nintendo Treehouse will also be streaming 8 hours worth of Smash footage that day!

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/236857-nintendo-treehouse-live-the-treehouse-stream-coming-this-friday

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Iceman404 - 09-08-2014

I'm finding it harder to really care when all they're feeding us is the same untouched E3 version endlessly, unless it happens to be the 3DS

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Jermungandr - 09-09-2014

It says right in the announcement that they're going to be showing off the "final version" of the 3DS game.

Also it is not 8 hours of Smash footage. It is 8 hours of gameplay including Smash. First they are going to be showing off some other games.

[Image: zlCfzSbEJ6M8cAwV7J]

You know what? Score is stupid. It serves no real function and the fact that we don't really know how it's even calculated takes away all possible significance it might have. They might as well just take it away altogether and just reward us in treasure for how much any kind of player is going to read into it.

Now scoring in Smash64 and Melee was fantastic in comparison. It wasn't just a series of meaningless numbers, you were presented with a list after every win showing you exactly what the points mean and critiquing your performance. In Melee you could even take it one step further and actually battle each other for score and, by proxy, style. Nobody ever actually used that feature but it was still cool that it existed.

Without anything really tallying up your points for you in a manner that allows you to see what you actually did to get the points just makes them nothing more than mere numbers with no meaning. It's pointless and stupid.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Kriven - 09-09-2014

(09-09-2014, 02:05 AM)Jermungandr Wrote: Also it is not 8 hours of Smash footage. It is 8 hours of gameplay including Smash. First they are going to be showing off some other games.

Seven hours of Splatoon.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Zero Kirby - 09-09-2014

(09-09-2014, 02:05 AM)Jermungandr Wrote: Without anything really tallying up your points for you in a manner that allows you to see what you actually did to get the points just makes them nothing more than mere numbers with no meaning. It's pointless and stupid.

"Hello and welcome to Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, where the battles are on the spot and the points don't matter.

That's right, the points are just like all those posts saying Ridley should be playable - absolutely worthless."

Hopefully points can be turned into Gold for successfully completing a single-player mode, though. That'd be nice.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Jermungandr - 09-09-2014

Considering that gold collected is tallied separately underneath the score, I doubt that's the case.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Gwen - 09-09-2014

(09-09-2014, 02:31 AM)Kriven Wrote:
(09-09-2014, 02:05 AM)Jermungandr Wrote: Also it is not 8 hours of Smash footage. It is 8 hours of gameplay including Smash. First they are going to be showing off some other games.

Seven hours of Splatoon.

Would honestly prefer that. We essentially know what we're getting with Smash, I'd love to see some in-depth gameplay on Splatoon.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Mystie - 09-09-2014

(09-09-2014, 10:54 AM)Gwen Wrote:
(09-09-2014, 02:31 AM)Kriven Wrote:

Seven hours of Splatoon.

Would honestly prefer that. We essentially know what we're getting with Smash, I'd love to see some in-depth gameplay on Splatoon.

Same here.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Iceman404 - 09-09-2014

I wouldn't. They practically spammed splatoon over E3, I've gotten more than enough of it.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Mystie - 09-09-2014

I personally think we've gotten enough Smash info and gameplay, we need focus on other titles.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - TomGuycott - 09-09-2014

Well, there's gonna be SOME smash. It'll be releasing very soon. On the other hand, it's releasing so soon that devoting too much time to it is probably a moot point.

I'll just sit back and listen for any juicy tidbits that might come out of the stream. Not actually going to watch it though.