The VG Resource
Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-135.html)
+--- Thread: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD (/thread-25759.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Vipershark - 09-06-2014

Ah, that's right. I had it backwards. Iwata (the Nintendo rep) leaked it and Sakurai got mad.
Yeah, I remember him mentioning a few times that Brawl was meant to be the last game (for him, at least) which is why they were going all-out as far as the soundtrack and stuff went and they made a really big deal over it.
Perhaps that's why Namco was brought in? I wonder if the project would have continued without them.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Iceman404 - 09-06-2014

Ending Smash is stupid anyways though, it's like throwing your wallet and any possible income out of your pants down a toilet.

It'd be about as dumb as ending Pokemon.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - E-Man - 09-06-2014

While it doesn't make sense to end successful franchises, it did happen before. Usually it's done by the main company (i.e. Microsoft not commissioning Rare to make any more of their platformers), but sometimes it's caused by the creator just not feeling like continuing it due to personal reasons. As surprisingly popular as the Mother series is, Itoi has his reasons for not creating the fourth installment.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Kriven - 09-06-2014

Going out on a limb and saying Smash prints more money than Earthbound.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Helmo - 09-06-2014

All my co-workers don't even give a shit about Nintendo and they're hyped for smash.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Koopaul - 09-06-2014

Smash Bros isn't story based like Mother, so it's not something you can end.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Kriven - 09-06-2014

(09-06-2014, 02:47 PM)Koopaul Wrote: Smash Bros isn't story based like Mother, so it's not something you can end.

I don't think that's how publication works... Maybe Smash Bros. cannot be concluded in the sense as it does not have a strict canon, but it can certainly be ended whenever the publisher should so choose not to publish another one.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Iceman404 - 09-06-2014

My family and relatives used to call our Wii a "Smash box" legitimately. People literally buy consoles just for smash bros.

Guys let that sink in.

[Image: ManThrowingMoney.gif~c200]

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Koopaul - 09-07-2014

Well you litterally can't "end" something in fiction anyway, since someone could revive it 50 years after it was created or something like that. Fiction is eternal as long as someone remembers it. Even the Mother franchise could one day get a revival by a new developer with a passion to do so.

Hey remember when George Lucas "ended" the Star Wars movies?

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Kriven - 09-07-2014

If something was ended and then revived literally decades later (in your example, five of them) it was definitely ended... and then rebooted. In that sense franchises are like Link. While he can definitely die, he can also definitely be reborn. But that doesn't mean he never died.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Iceman404 - 09-07-2014

Got in some deep shit right here guys

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - psychospacecow - 09-07-2014

http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers#week01
Nintendo of America is having a weekly sale of games with characters featured in Smash.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Kriven - 09-08-2014

This is not an (X) Days Before Launch post, Sakurai.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Jermungandr - 09-08-2014

[Image: qlYXzEd.jpg]

"Tips" seems like an odd thing to have in your Vault. Seems like it would be more suitable in the Training part of the menu.

On a side note, I think this absolutely confirms that there are no stickers to be found this time. Not that I think many people particularly care ...

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Koopaul - 09-08-2014

Stickers was a cheap way into tricking the audience that there was a lot more content than there actually was. No one fell for it.