The VG Resource
Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-135.html)
+--- Thread: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD (/thread-25759.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Jermungandr - 09-02-2014

I imagine you'd just get both at once.

But I don't think that is how it is going to work anyways.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - SchAlternate - 09-02-2014

[Image: 7Udejw8a]

FUCK... YES.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Kriven - 09-02-2014

Where did that render originate? O-o

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - SchAlternate - 09-02-2014

Project M. A mod for Brawl that makes it play closer to Melee. This is an alternate skin for Captain Falcon they just announced.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Jermungandr - 09-02-2014

Kirby's Alternate Specials have been translated from the magazine:

http://smashbros-miiverse.com/characters/kirby#special-2

However these are a direct translation and might not be the official translation, since we already know from the E3 Treehouse previews that one of Kirby's Down Specials is named "Hammer Drop" (but maybe THAT isn't even going to be the final name either because it doesn't make much sense for a Stone move).

Going by these names I think it's easier to guess what they do:

"Earth Wave" - I'm guessing instead of the usual forward-thrusting shockwave that comes from the end of Kirby's default Final Cutter this instead creates an AOE shockwave around him as he crashes into the earth. This is pretty similar to something I initially guessed way back when custom moves were first announced.

"Rising Cutter" - I'm guessing this one gets more height than usual with some sort of trade-off? No shockwave perhaps?

"Big Hammer" - Well that's obvious, it probably swings slower to make up for its size and increase in power.

"Launch Hammer" - Not sure about this one since it seems that the Big Hammer would have more launch power by default. It must have a different trade-off.

"Shovel Stone" - Okay this one is pretty obvious, if you are hit by the stone when you're on the ground you get buried rather than knocked away. I should have realized that from the fighter buried in the ground right there in the picture.

"Meteor Stone" - I'm guessing this one falls faster than normal and/or always has a Meteor Smash effect.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Kriven - 09-03-2014

So from today's update is it safe to assume that costumes count towards one of the eight color slots?

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Lemonray - 09-03-2014

8 suit recolours for Samus and not a single alternate costume?

The laziness here is appalling.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Vipershark - 09-03-2014

(09-03-2014, 04:41 AM)Lemonray Wrote: 8 suit recolours for Samus and not a single alternate costume?

The laziness here is appalling.

Samus gets an entire second character slot with a completely original moveset and second costume for it.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - NICKtendo DS - 09-03-2014

Dark Samus color makes me happy enough.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - TomGuycott - 09-03-2014

I actually don't mind there not being alternate Samus models, seeing as she has a very nice listing of colors. Dark Samus colors make up for it big time.

It does make me wonder what's going to happen with Little Mac's alternate colors, though. Will his two alternate costumes get a swapped color each, and then he'd have the four colors already announced for his regular outfit?

This also REALLY makes me wonder what will happen with Pikachu's alternate colors, because he only has his normal four announced.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - SchAlternate - 09-03-2014

I hope Pikachu get's his party hats back. Or at least one of them.

Or this, maybe.

[Image: 640px-Pikachu_PM_Pirate_Hat_Alt.png]

[Also, can someone reminds why are there two Smash threads?]

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Mystie - 09-03-2014

(09-03-2014, 04:44 PM)SchAlternate Wrote: [Also, can someone reminds why are there two Smash threads?]

It's because of the leaks. This thread was made shortly after the leaks surfaced.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - PurplePixel - 09-03-2014

I'm more curious to see what the deal is with "Dark Pit".
Is he going to be an assist trophy, an alternate color for Pit, or a playable character?

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - TomGuycott - 09-03-2014

The trailer already confirmed it. He's a party Crasher.

So he pops out of the Party Ball.

I:

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - PurplePixel - 09-03-2014

(09-03-2014, 05:24 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: The trailer already confirmed it. He's a party Crasher.

So he pops out of the Party Ball.

I:

Hmmm... Unimpressed

Okay, that makes sense. Big Grin