The VG Resource
Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-135.html)
+--- Thread: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD (/thread-25759.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Jermungandr - 10-13-2014

So has anyone else developed a power set-up for Smash Run that you prefer like I have? This is the basic set-up I've used with pretty much every character and it's worked out pretty well:

These first three are always absolute musts for me:

Horizon Beam lv. 1
Why: The horizon beams are extremely useful for most of the harder Door Challenges. Especially the crystal challenges, since it can crack all of the crystals at once, and the target break stage where some of the targets are risky to get in a timely fashion. I find this to be an absolute must.

Health Recovery lv. 1
Why: Simply put, the easiest way to finish with great stats is to NOT DIE, since dying takes a considerable chunk out of all of your stats every time. Level 1 Health Recovery gives you three decent health charges, and really unless you really really suck you should never need any more than that with any character, so it's really a waste to go with a higher level.

Super Armor lv. 2
Why: The really tough enemies can be a real hassle to kill under normal circumstances and the amount of time you have to waste defeating them with attack-and-dodge mechanics can be a real waste when you could pick up more power-ups in the same amount of time it would take to defeat one of these guys. Super Armor speeds things up considerably by allowing you to go kamikaze on these enemies with no regard to what kind of damage you're taking. You have to pick at least level 2 for this tactic though, as a single charge of super armor often won't be enough unless you've powered-up considerably by that point. This is super useful in swarm battles too, especially if your damage is already high. Combine it with Spinning Blades for pure awesome.

Then depending on how much weight I have left and what character I'm playing I usually prioritize these powers, but not necessarily in this order:

High Jump lv. 1 or Shinespark lv. 1
Why: Once you've been playing the game for a while you get used to recognizing certain paths that are more likely to have an abundance of power-ups more than others. These paths however will often cause you to loop around to an area that you've already been, and since enemies don't spawn in areas you've already visited and you have precious little time to defeat as many enemies as possible, it's necessary to get to new areas as quickly as possible (as the old saying goes, "time is money"). High Jump is super useful for reaching a new area extremely quickly. However depending on the character, occasionally Shinespark is a better choice. One charge is usually enough so it's not necessary to go beyond level 1.

Spinning Blades lv. 1 or lv. 2
Why: A super useful power when combined with Super Armor, this combination will make taking down large tough enemies a pleasant breeze. It's also really good power to have if you're being overwhelmed by a swarm battle, and best of all it's great for dealing with those super obnoxious Metroid enemies. Level 1 and level 2 both have only two charges, but level 2 has considerably stronger blades and much more efficient on the super tough enemies, so if you have the weight available it's the better investment.

I've more or less used this set-up with every character and it hasn't done me wrong yet, but I'm curious if anyone else has come up with their own preferential strategies.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Omega - 10-14-2014

Yeah those are my go-tos as well, sometimes I use power bombs through.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - ApocHedgie - 10-14-2014

I always have at least one healing item on me, but I usually go for straight damage with a level 5 Heavenly Light (5 uses, pretty useful), and either a level 4-5 Horizon Beam or 4-5 Spinning Swords. I generally go for Horizon Beam though since it gets more uses. Then I just fill up with healing items depending on how much room I have left.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - eureka - 10-15-2014

http://youtu.be/XR0Gt06HRjE

Does anyone know about this?!

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - psychospacecow - 10-15-2014

Does the game lag for anyone else in local play?

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - senjen - 10-15-2014

yeah it lags for me sometimes on local play.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Jermungandr - 10-15-2014

If you want to get a ton of trophies and other goodies super easily, go to Trophy Rush, select Fox, roll to the edge so that your back is facing it, and spam your blaster like crazy. Watch for the exclamation marks at the top of the screen because it means lightning is about to rain on you, but you can easily dodge to the side and then right back into position to get around it. The only thing you really need to look out for is the bomb blocks, because for some reason when you shoot them with your blaster they seem to be attracted to you; probably because the developers knew people would use this cheap way out.

Note though that just because this is the easiest way to collect things doesn't mean it will get you a good high score.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - psychospacecow - 10-16-2014

Anyone find a cheap way to score combos in practice mode? My best is 20 and I got that from using Dr. Mario's final smash.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Kriven - 10-16-2014

There was discussion on that a page or two back... We've used various methods, from arranging Smart Bombs to jacking the damage up and jugglng, to using stage hazards advantageously.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - psychospacecow - 10-16-2014

I'll have to look into it. These discussions usually move a lot more than I realize because I don't really have a pattern for when to check here.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Zero Kirby - 10-18-2014

I just set damage to 999, grab, and pummel

It's hilarious

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Iceman404 - 10-24-2014

(10-18-2014, 01:25 PM)Zero Kirby Wrote: I just set damage to 999, grab, and pummel

It's hilarious
I literally said that a few pages ago...

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Omega - 10-27-2014

I did it.

I beat 9.0 intensity with Ganondorf.

I feel like I jus took on Mike tyson in Punch-out and won.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Jermungandr - 10-30-2014

YES! YESSSS! I FINALLY DID IT! I finally beat 9.0 Master Core, and using my main man Dedede no less. All y'all Ganon users can suck it.

It was almost an immaculate win too, I took no damage at all during the first two forms and barely any during the third, and I don't know how I even pulled that off because I /suck/.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - NICKtendo DS - 10-31-2014

I breezed through him with Toon Link for some reason. Wasn't even trying, because I was just seeing how far I could come.