The VG Resource
Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-135.html)
+--- Thread: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD (/thread-25759.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Jermungandr - 08-27-2014

Really? I would think that the leaks would push the character reveals forward, not back.

[Image: tumblr_nayeinWxOm1sw8d3mo1_1280.png]

It looks like there are only 35 total challenges in the 3DS version? That seems pretty damn small considering the incomprehensibly large number of trophies to be unlocked.

Also there was another music update: http://www.smashbros.com/us/music/

I'll be honest, most of the 3DS music seems kind of subpar so far. That Mario & Luigi tune is just plain awful compared to the original.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Mr. Jam - 08-27-2014

(08-27-2014, 02:30 AM)Drshnaps Wrote: I'll be honest, most of the 3DS music seems kind of subpar so far. That Mario & Luigi tune is just plain awful compared to the original.
What on earth happened to that song? It would probably sound a lot better if they chose a nicer instrument.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - AuraLancer - 08-27-2014

I'm still on the fence about whether I actually want to get the 3DS version.

I mostly want it for Smash Run, but I'll be honest these music samples are starting to turn me off of it as well.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Mystie - 08-27-2014

I don't like the music on the 3DS version either, but I'm still going to get the game on both systems regardless.

Plus, you could just listen to your own music via an MP3 player or computer. That's what I'm gonna do.

Yeah ... I know I'm going to get both versions regardless. It's foolish to even resist. But still it kind of pushes it out of the "buy it the day it comes out" category for me. I might just wait until it's convenient; when my store is having an electronics sale or something.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Chaoxys - 08-27-2014

Heh, I feel like I'm the only one enjoying the songs, oh well.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Kriven - 08-27-2014

(08-27-2014, 11:52 AM)Chaoxys Wrote: Heh, I feel like I'm the only one enjoying the songs, oh well.

You are not alone, good sir!

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Crappy Blue Luigi - 08-27-2014

i think the remix of bath time from nintendogs might be my favorite out of these samples

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - TomGuycott - 08-27-2014

The arrangement of Mario and Luigi does feel pretty weird. I feel like the arrangement is putting emphasis on parts of the music that it didn't before and now it sounds ... Odd.

I like the other music just fine though.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - soulcaliburfan - 08-27-2014

I thought the Try, Try Again cover was supposed to be the feel of Paper Mario with Dream Team music so it could be put on the Paper Mario stage... But, I could be completely wrong.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - StarSock64 - 08-27-2014

^That's an interesting observation (I don't know how much I believe it though)

Eugh, I don't "dislike" them, but these songs are lacking in power. Trying to imagine fighting to them doesn't sound like that much fun...I'm kind of surprised. Maybe some of the full versions will have "that good part," like songs tend to have.

You pretty much nailed it on the head of why I don't think I care for them much. The only one I truly dislike is the Mario & Luigi one, and that's mostly because the original version is way better and makes this rendition comparatively sound like crap. For all the others ... they use such light and airy instrumentals that they just come off as very "weak" and don't sound like suitable backdrops for a chaotic fighting game.

The Green Greens one is the worst felon of the bunch, because there is already existing versions of this song from previous Smash games that work way better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNmzmnSzZEg

While it's never been one of my particular favorite Smash Kirby songs, it definitely fits a high-octane fighting game way more than the new peaceful rendition does.

I do at least like the Megaman song, even though it seems kind of generic, and oddly enough I really like the Nintendogs song too.

What is really weird though, is that the Pokemon song featured was also used in Charizard and Greninja's intro video ... but in that video the song sounds much higher quality. Why is that?

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - soulcaliburfan - 08-27-2014

(08-27-2014, 07:48 PM)Drshnaps Wrote: What is really weird though, is that the Pokemon song featured was also used in Charizard and Greninja's intro video ... but in that video the song sounds much higher quality. Why is that?

It was probably the Wii U version of the song.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - AuraLancer - 08-27-2014

(08-27-2014, 03:44 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: I feel like the arrangement is putting emphasis on parts of the music that it didn't before and now it sounds ... Odd.

That's the problem I have with a lot of the Final Fantasy X HD Remaster tracks.