The VG Resource
Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-135.html)
+--- Thread: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD (/thread-25759.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Random Talking Bush - 10-08-2014

(10-08-2014, 05:36 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: On the subject of Cruel Smash, I got about 5 just by parrying as Little Mac. It's a double edged sword because if I get launched I probably won't get back, but I only needed to play about five minutes to get over 4 kills for that challenge.

Plus, once I parry enough I get a KO uppercut.
Haha, that's exactly what I did to get the challenge completed for myself! Tongue

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Jermungandr - 10-08-2014

I tried it, it took me a few tries to get the technique down but I managed to kill 9 of them eventually.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - ApocHedgie - 10-08-2014

I just cheaped my way to 4 with Kirby and the ledge. Even then I died a lot 'cause they kept jumping off my head. Cruel Smash makes me feel like Hercule in the World Martial Arts tournament.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - SchAlternate - 10-08-2014

(10-06-2014, 07:20 PM)Kriven Wrote: I really hate the CSS for this game... I can't find anything...

Decided to see if I could do better than Sakurai:

[Image: 3506nuw.jpg]

I think I could do a better roster.

[Image: 7ceBTnVJ]

If you know what I mean by that Smug

Alright I'm done being salty about the roster now I swear.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Iceman404 - 10-09-2014

I fucking love you so much.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Mystie - 10-10-2014

No offense, but why does that have so many thanks if almost everyone here is sick and tired of Ridley jokes?

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Kriven - 10-10-2014

I'm not sick and tired of Ridley jokes in general... just the stale, overused, passive-agressive ones. This wasn't even a "too big" joke.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Iceman404 - 10-10-2014

People wanting Ridely is not a joke.

People saying "He's too big!" is.

(10-10-2014, 11:09 AM)Iceman404 Wrote: People wanting Ridely is not a joke.

What I mean is...

Back when Shulk's trailer was revealed, I remember there being a post in which someone made a Ridley joke about Shulk's trailer, suggesting he should be in. Someone else replied with something along the lines of, "Are you fucking serious?" And an overwhelming amount of other users agreed with him.

So I was confused that SchAlternate's post, which was (sort of) a joke involving Ridley not being in, got so many thanks, when, from what I've seen, most people on here (myself included) are so sick of hearing about Ridley.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - AuraLancer - 10-10-2014

That picture isn't a joke, or even grasping at straws like with the Shulk trailer. It's just a fun little wish fulfillment edit, with people thanking it because they would have liked to have seen Ridley and/or Mewtwo in the game. You're reading into it too much.

(10-10-2014, 12:18 PM)AuraLancer Wrote: That picture isn't a joke, or even grasping at straws like with the Shulk trailer. It's just a fun little wish fulfillment edit, with people thanking it because they would have liked to have seen Ridley and/or Mewtwo in the game. You're reading into it too much.

Yeah, I guess I am. Sorry 'bout that.

Anyway, back on topic: Has anyone else been experiencing severe lag when playing online, or is it only me?

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - NICKtendo DS - 10-10-2014

Not just you. Lagging my ass off.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - SchAlternate - 10-10-2014

(10-10-2014, 11:16 AM)Mystie Wrote:
(10-10-2014, 11:09 AM)Iceman404 Wrote: People wanting Ridely is not a joke.

What I mean is...

Back when Shulk's trailer was revealed, I remember there being a post in which someone made a Ridley joke about Shulk's trailer, suggesting he should be in. Someone else replied with something along the lines of, "Are you fucking serious?" And an overwhelming amount of other users agreed with him.

So I was confused that SchAlternate's post, which was (sort of) a joke involving Ridley not being in, got so many thanks, when, from what I've seen, most people on here (myself included) are so sick of hearing about Ridley.
That would be me... again.

The joke was that a huge shadow covered Shulk in his trailer, which would obviously be Metal Face, but then turns out to be Ridley, poking fun at the fact that he too was teased as a shadow. That, and the fact that Ridley is, according to the joke, about as big as Metal Face.

The reason why that gets so much negativity is because the "Ridley is too big" gag (or just any mean-spirited jokes meant to annoy his fanbase) is getting really old and annoying (it's been around ever since Brawl), especially considering some people actually believe that is a valid argument.

The "joke" in the roster was simply that people really wanted Ridley (and Mewtwo) in and were deeply dissapointed at their absence, so I "fixed" it by adding those two.

Well, I can't believe I actually bothered to type all of that, ha ha.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - BullockDS - 10-10-2014

(10-10-2014, 12:39 PM)NICKtendo DS Wrote: Not just you. Lagging my ass off.

Hear, hear. Not only that, but I've also had matches with lag and significantly delayed input (~0.5-1 second).

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Kriven - 10-10-2014

I started a 99 stock match with three lvl 1 CPUs and myself last night to get those time-sensitive challenges.

Opponents: Yoshi, ROB, and Olimar.

Yoshi died within three hours.

Olimar and ROB have been going at it for fourteen hours now. Olimar is down to 28 stock, ROB is at 48.