The VG Resource
Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-135.html)
+--- Thread: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD (/thread-25759.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Jermungandr - 10-07-2014

I highly recommend Lucina for the Complete-100-Man-Smash-inDopeMinutes and Defeat-110-Enemies-inDopeMinute-Smash challenges. I did both with her with plenty of time to spare. And I'm not even very good with her or Marth.

Also if you're trying to get the 10-Hours-of-Smash challenge, putting your game on an infinite time match and leaving it on over night won't work. You don't get credit for anything done in Smash Mode unless you actually complete a match.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Gors - 10-07-2014

(10-07-2014, 10:40 AM)Lilothestitch Wrote:
(10-07-2014, 10:39 AM)Mystie Wrote:
(10-07-2014, 08:19 AM)Lilothestitch Wrote: Is Dialga in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS?

Would you please stop asking about Dialga all the time?

And no, it isn't.
Okay

Again, stop making one word replies, I've told you that already.

Warned.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Kriven - 10-07-2014

(10-07-2014, 10:47 AM)Jermungandr Wrote: Also if you're trying to get the 10-Hours-of-Smash challenge, putting your game on an infinite time match and leaving it on over night won't work. You don't get credit for anything done in Smash Mode unless you actually complete a match.

Well fuck.

Guess I'd better go shut that off....

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Mystie - 10-07-2014

Just got done with my first online match, and holy fuck, is it laggy. I hope to god the Wii U version isn't like this.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Neweegee - 10-07-2014

(10-07-2014, 12:00 PM)Kriven Wrote:
(10-07-2014, 10:47 AM)Jermungandr Wrote: Also if you're trying to get the 10-Hours-of-Smash challenge, putting your game on an infinite time match and leaving it on over night won't work. You don't get credit for anything done in Smash Mode unless you actually complete a match.

Well fuck.

Guess I'd better go shut that off....

You could put it on 3-Vs-1 team battle(you on the team of 3), 99 stock, 0.5 damage ratio and all CPUs at level 1 then let them go at it all night. They might not play the right amount time, but you'll a lot closer and probably a lotta of gold too!

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Kriven - 10-07-2014

So the Final Destination and Map music is not playing... What is happening. Fighting Master Cole in total silence is jarring.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Ploaj - 10-07-2014

I just experienced the weirdest glitch online.

During the last 20 seconds or so of a team match, we all switched characters with each other!
It was very strange.
And when the match was over, we remained as each other. My character select screen showed Pacman selected, but I couldn't move the token. Then the token moved to Rosalina on it's own.
And I became charles.
http://i.imgur.com/eayTzM5.jpg

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - SchAlternate - 10-08-2014

[Image: zlCfzShYJ6oslfngBW]
"Pic of the day. The Flying Men that appear in the Magicant stage will ally with the first fighter that touches them. Watch out for their flying cross-chop attacks! They also accumulate damage, and a grave gets erected every time a Flying Man falls in battle. And of course, only up to five Flying Men can appear at a time."

Please, don't remind me... Cry

Also, hey, Saki ol' pal, you realize you just casually spoiled Ness to us, making the whole "Secret Characters Unveiled" somewhat pointless?

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Kriven - 10-08-2014

If anybody is having trouble with Cruel Smash, it's a lot easier if you choose Ike, pick a ledge, and spam Aether onto the ledge. When all the Miis are together on the edge, climb up with a ledge attack to knock them towards the center of the platform. You can use their return as an opportunity to get some Smash Attacks in, but if they make it past you, backleap over the side and start spamming Aether again.

Basically: Pick Ike, pick a ledge, defend it.

The biggest problem I had was with Gunners.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - NICKtendo DS - 10-08-2014

I cleared Cruel Smash with Mario. Epic throwing skills. They hit hard, but have shit recovery. The first one goes down easy. It gets pretty frustrating when they cuddle and gang you, them being able to single out that one frame you are vulnerable. Rage was had.

Used the hammer on the 50 highscore Rival Smash thing, because I'm done with Multi-Man. I can always get the "Clear 10-Man/100-Man Smash with all characters)" eventually.
I have also cleared Classic on 9.0 and All-Star on Hard, both thanks to the beast tank Bowser. All-Star wasn't that bad, but Master Core is a bitch.

Classic is the go-to mode for gold farming. It's sad, because you'd think Smash Run was designed for overall farming. The gold reward for clearing All-Star is also pathetic, which is a major bummer, since I have cleared "All characters Classic" and have yet to clear "All characters All-Star". That goddamn Classic Mode keeps me from clearing All-Star with all characters.

Also, why are new hats so rare? I'm under the impression that there are a lot of them. They barely show up in the custom rewards and when they do, it's those I already have. Literally useless. I want specific hats, so there's that too.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - senjen - 10-08-2014

@ Kriven i used a different method i used Ness and kept using PK thunder off the edge which confused some of the fighting mii team so they fell off i also hit the one's that didn't fall off with Ness's head after using pk thunder.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Kriven - 10-08-2014

I'm going up in rank for Classic Mode each time I complete it without requiring a continue. Currently I'm up to 8.0 difficulty with my best run being Lucina at 7.5.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - senjen - 10-08-2014

Somebody beat 9.0 mode on classic with no damage on the hardest boss

http://kotaku.com/player-beats-smash-bros-hardest-boss-without-taking-an-1643931685

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Neweegee - 10-08-2014

Well once you learn the first 3 forms' attacks(the last one's difficulty depends on how well the Ai is with your character), you can dodge them pretty easily and just time your attacks with your dodging.

I've actually beat him on 9.0 before(with damage, of course) with Dr.Mario and on 8.5 with Yoshi(who I rarely played with in Smash ever before) and I don't think it would be next to impossible(unlike with SNK bosses) to do that.
Of course I won't be trying to do that, though. Still takes a ton of skill to be able to time those dodges!

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - TomGuycott - 10-08-2014

On the subject of Cruel Smash, I got about 5 just by parrying as Little Mac. It's a double edged sword because if I get launched I probably won't get back, but I only needed to play about five minutes to get over 4 kills for that challenge.

Plus, once I parry enough I get a KO uppercut.