The VG Resource
Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-135.html)
+--- Thread: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD (/thread-25759.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Iceman404 - 10-05-2014

Wanna know what mode I'm playing?
[Image: tumblr_n8i2vjH2gi1qeosmfo1_1280.png]

Ignore the side-ways view, YouTube is processing the fix for that.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Phantom Killah - 10-05-2014

Did you notice when you're playing as Duck Hunt, you're playing as all of the characters from the game Duck Hunt

The dog and duck are running around on the screen and the unseen hunter is shooting where the dog tells him to with the zapper (all of his smash attacks and two of his specials involve gunshots from offscreen) That's probably why the character is called Duck Hunt rather than Duck Hunt Dog

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - E-Man - 10-05-2014

In that case, is it possible that we might be playing as this guy?

[Image: DK64Crosshair.png]

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Koopaul - 10-05-2014

It's all sold out. Figures. I didn't preorder it, was too angry at the thing. Oh well, I can wait.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - ApocHedgie - 10-05-2014

So is it just me or can you not actually fight each other in Smash Run until the very end? I've tried to find people on the map but I just can't seem to do it. I mean, I can see their icons on the map, but not the person.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Iceman404 - 10-05-2014

You cannot interact in Smash Run before the event. The entirety of what you're doing is handled client-side.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - ApocHedgie - 10-05-2014

(10-05-2014, 09:31 PM)Iceman404 Wrote: You cannot interact in Smash Run before the event. The entirety of what you're doing is handled client-side.

Well that's a bummer, my favourite part of City Trial was screwing other people up before the match. Guess that'd end up in too many broken 3DSs, friendships and possibly bones if things got really heated.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Iceman404 - 10-06-2014

Smash Run, in my opinion at least, is not mediocre. But it isn't as good as Sakurai seemed to hype it up to be. He seems to have misunderstood what made City Trial such an incredible game in the first place:

*Smash Run has absolutely no player interaction. The fun of sabotaging your opponents yourself is completely gone, you never see each other or have influence over anything the other player does besides punching a random chance switch that spawns an incredibly unfair bo-bomb. This is one of the GREATEST attributes of city trial.

*Two, the mode has far far too much enemy spam, so you're rarely scampering for items. Even if there was player interaction, there'd be no need for it. In Kirby Air Ride, boxes and items got very scarce. This forced everyone to run up and crowd for one thing in particular, and/or beat the hell out of your foes for it.

*Which brings me to my last point. Smash Run is just too what-the-hell kind of levels of obnoxious BUSY. Far too much is just going on at one time and I have no idea what the hell...

I say the mode would have been cool, had it fixed all of the above (among other things I don't need to really mentioned) and made it a bit more about trying to scarf up what's best for the event.

-------------------------------------

My idea:
The same way everyone scampered to the Formula Star when a Drag Race was hinted, what if all the players started off with no actual BODIES or something? You start off as say, I dunno, Dittos (with a pre-made but not very expansive moveset ala the Compact Star) and race around at the start for character shells floating around. You'd be able to discard your forms when you find a suitable one for the event that you could just switch to, causing even more resources that would be worth brawling over if everything weren't clientside. Getting KO'd would turn your body back into Ditto.

This would have been a fantastic thing, come on.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - [robo9] - 10-06-2014

I don't know, I feel that if you could interact with people, it would make custom move farming a lot more difficult. (Which it already is. 45 custom part bags and still no moves. Diddly dang darnit Sakurai)

Should that really be priority over the enjoyment of the mode itself though?

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Jermungandr - 10-06-2014

Whoamygod Junior is so much fun to play you guys

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - NICKtendo DS - 10-06-2014

Just letting you know the rubber popped off my Circle Pad 2 days ago. Wasn't even playing that intense.

You know what's intense? Getting 4 KOs in Cruel Smash! Fuck those Cruel Miis! It's weird to say I want the avatars of my friends to be dead.

Also created a Princess Mii (from my game Princess Fantasy). She's a Gunner, has Cat Ears and the Western Outfit. Looks pretty fucking accurate, I'm shocked. If she had less gun-arm and more crown, she'd truly be Princess. Still grinding for a Toad Hat and Ice Climber Hat, hoping that they are in there. I need them for Toad Mii and Popo's Revenge.

Wanna know what's more intense?

Defending our good nation from those commie "Hyrulians" and their worthless rupees

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Jermungandr - 10-06-2014

The toad hat was one of the first hats I unlocked, so it's definitely in there. I also have a green one, which is good news for Omega.

I really wish there was a way to trade our Mii set-ups with friends, or even trade outfits. I mean you can collect the same outfit/hat multiple times, so they might as well give you the option to trade duplicates with friends pokemon-style.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - BullockDS - 10-06-2014

I've been having tons of fun with the Mii Fighter creation. As of now, my main Mii Fighter of choice is a Mii Brawler vaguely resembling Dio Brando from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Having played this for a while, I can say that I've overall had a ton of fun so far. Mii Fighters aside, my mains at the moment are Dr. Mario, Bowser (which really surprised me), Capt. Falcon, Toon Link, and Duck Hunt. The gameplay so far feels like a nice balance between Melee and Brawl.

My biggest issue with the game at the moment is the stage roster; I just feel like some choices are pretty questionable (e.g. did the Mario series really need 3 scrolling stages?). Oh and also, minor gripes, but I feel like the main menu is a bit more convoluted than it needs to be, and the character select screen is far too plain IMO.