The VG Resource
Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-135.html)
+--- Thread: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD (/thread-25759.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: SPOILER FREE Thread - MrYoshbert - 10-03-2014

(10-03-2014, 10:20 AM)Mystie Wrote: Going to pick the game up today, but I need to finish up this week's college homework and tests first.

Same here.  Thankfully, my classes end at a quarter to noon, so I actually have time to commute all the way to the only Toys 'R' Us for miles in this city and pick it up.

Incidentally, this (and the Wii U version, too) will be the first installment Smash of I've ever actually owned (i.e., not borrowed from friends for short periods of time) since the N64 one.  Now that I have a copy that truly belongs to me, I want to see what I'm missing out on.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: SPOILER FREE Thread - Kriven - 10-03-2014

I don't know if anybody else cares but

[Image: 822051-fC0HP4-e4UoBFcZa.jpg]

that QR Code will add Nikki, the mascot for Swapnote, to your Mii Maker, making her usable in games. Of course, she can also be used in Smash. For whatever reason, I prefer using her to other Mii characters because she's... actually a Nintendo character. I made her a swordsman, as a little joke going off of "The Pen is Mightier than the Sword" since her app is all about using the stylus. Intentionally lowered her defense but gave her high power and speed.

Is anybody else enjoying Mii characters?

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: SPOILER FREE Thread - Crappy Blue Luigi - 10-03-2014

i made crappy into a brawler mii with the moves i thought were the best suited to my playstyle (basically turning him into a really fast luigi/yoshi/little mac hybrid) but i won't use him in friendly battles until i get a more appropriate outfit for him

mii fighters are pretty fun to mess around with.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: SPOILER FREE Thread - ApocHedgie - 10-03-2014

I'm ready for Smash, I think:
[Image: tumblr_ncvnxgDiTS1rtl5s0o1_500.jpg]

Spoiler:The physical copy is RTB's

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: SPOILER FREE Thread - Lilothestitch - 10-03-2014

I'm going to get the game next week.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: SPOILER FREE Thread - Vipershark - 10-03-2014

Can I make a recommendation?
Have this thread for 3DS Smash since 3DS is out now and the other thread for Wii U chat since pretty much anything coming out would still be a spoiler.

That'll make the discussion easier to separate.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: SPOILER FREE Thread - Kriven - 10-03-2014

Maybe update the thread titles to reflect the different games and add a spoiler warning in parenthesis to the Wii U one?

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Iceman404 - 10-03-2014

That feeling when you notice you can make Doc Louis your avatar.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Crappy Blue Luigi - 10-04-2014

aaaaaa i just got finished playing smash bros. with one of my friends for the past four hours with a skype call going and it was great

the last match we had was between him as link and me as greninja
link is who he considers to be his absolute best main
and i almost beat him without losing a single life in a four-stock match

i'm feeling really cemented with greninja.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Jermungandr - 10-04-2014

Some quick first impressions:

- Things are unlocked way too easily in this game. I have pretty much been exclusively playing the Classic Mode as I get a feel for the different characters, and I've already unlocked almost every single character already, not to mention cleared most of the Challenges. I know people want to have the full roster open as quickly as they can, but for me this really doesn't feel like I actually earned anything. Rather that they're just handing it to me.

- King Dedede, my main bro, has taken some serious hits playwise. His B-Air and D-Air, which were undeniably his most useful attacks, have been turned into just hammer swing attacks. His recovery special can no longer be cancelled in mid-air, which can be problematic strategy-wise. And his Final Smash isn't nearly as useful either. And while he does run faster, it's the same speed boost that all of the heavy characters were given, so it's not really an advantage. All in all it feels like he's been neutered.

- Out of the new characters I've tried out so far, Pac-Man is by far my favorite. He's just really blatantly fun to use. I don't really have any technical reason.

- Little Mac's lack of an air game gives him a serious disadvantage against Master Hand, however I've found that by countering certain attacks of his you can take huge chunks off of his HP.

- While I haven't actually played as Duck Hunt yet, I have fought against him a couple times and I gotta say ... I don't really like fighting him. It's not that he's difficult, it's the fact that he's too actually dog-like, and it makes me feel really bad to beat on him. I have a feeling Peta is going to have a field day with this ...

- Smash Run suffers from exactly the issue I suspected it would so long ago. I hope you remember what I'm talking about because I gotta run and don't have the time to type it up at the moment ...

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Kriven - 10-04-2014

I think I remember Sakurai talking about how the 3DS version was going to be easier than the Wii U version because it's meant to be played on the train while commute to work and school and such. So hopefully the Wii U version will present a greater challenge when it comes to unlocking fighters or completing challenges. I do agree with you, though, that there isn't any substantial... rewarding feeling. It really does come across as kind of just going through the motions until the game says that you're done.

Edit: Holy shit. These changes to Olimar are not good.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - recme - 10-04-2014

all characters feel so different! too bad i had to change my mains.

so far, im getting real good with mario, dark pit, pac-man, mii brawler, and villager.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Ploaj - 10-04-2014

My best characters have been Ness, Duck Hunt, Peach, Pikachu, Kirby, Toon Link, Robin, Palutena, Dr. Mario, and Yoshi.
I have never been good at playing more than 3 characters in any other smash game, so this  is nice.
I also like Bowser Jr's playstyle, but I dislike the character and the Koopalings in general. I like Larry the most, so I'll go with him.

I also don't like Smash Run. I love Kirby Air Ride's City Trial mode, but Smash Run feels slower in comparison. There just isn't much to do but fight enemies and go in doors, and fighting enemies is just annoying to me.

(10-04-2014, 04:27 AM)Jermungandr Wrote: - Things are unlocked way too easily in this game. I have pretty much been exclusively playing the Classic Mode as I get a feel for the different characters, and I've already unlocked almost every single character already, not to mention cleared most of the Challenges. I know people want to have the full roster open as quickly as they can, but for me this really doesn't feel like I actually earned anything. Rather that they're just handing it to me.

- While I haven't actually played as Duck Hunt yet, I have fought against him a couple times and I gotta say ... I don't really like fighting him. It's not that he's difficult, it's the fact that he's too actually dog-like, and it makes me feel really bad to beat on him. I have a feeling Peta is going to have a field day with this ...

I already have all challenges done except the street smash one. I wasn't even trying to get them, I just was trying out all the modes. A bit disappointing tbh.

I like how they get away with attacking a dog by making him cartoon-y whenever he gets hit. His star KO sound still makes me feel bad, though Sad

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - TomGuycott - 10-04-2014

Aww, nobody else here seems to like Smash Run. I think it's fun as hell. Sad

In fact I love fighting the enemies so much that I hope the Wii U version has some sort of mode to fight these basic bad guys.

I am getting the hang of the character changes at the moment. I love Bowser, he's so boss right now.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - [robo9] - 10-04-2014

(10-04-2014, 04:27 AM)Jermungandr Wrote: - King Dedede, my main bro, has taken some serious hits playwise. His B-Air and D-Air, which were undeniably his most useful attacks, have been turned into just hammer swing attacks. His recovery special can no longer be cancelled in mid-air, which can be problematic strategy-wise. And his Final Smash isn't nearly as useful either. And while he does run faster, it's the same speed boost that all of the heavy characters were given, so it's not really an advantage. All in all it feels like he's been neutered.

Gordos man. They're fucking ridiculous

Also, I'm with Tom. I love Smash run, it's a great thing to do with a couple of buddies, especially if you're all not on the same skill level. I do hate that it's local only though, but it makes custom move hunting fun