The VG Resource
Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-135.html)
+--- Thread: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD (/thread-25759.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Jermungandr - 09-09-2014

Agreed. I doubt they're going to show off any secrets so it's really just going to be information we already know.

It'd be nice to see the progress on Yoshi Wool and Kirby Clay as well.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Mr. Jam - 09-11-2014

It may be yesterdays pic of the day, but...

Quote:Pic of the day. Users in Japan, you can now download the demo for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS! You can pick among 5 fighters with which to play. The stage is Battlefield, and the rules are fixed. There will be a few items and assist trophies available too. You can battle via local wireless, so have fun battling with your friends. For users outside of Japan, stay tuned for more news about the demo for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. Screen shot is from Japanese version.

[Image: zlCfzSbPcx4oB8ipAC]

The only mode available on the demo version is Smash, but I also left open a feature called Tips. Just remember to tap that button. You'll figure the rest out once you do.

(The image is kind of large)

"You can battle via local wireless, so have fun battling with your friends."

Darn, I can't wait for the demo to be released here! I'm really looking forward to being able to practice smash 3DS with my friends before it even comes out.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Jermungandr - 09-11-2014

Anybody want to take a guess on what tomorrow's update will be? Do you think it will be some big awesome pre-release update or do you think it'll be just some lame announcement about the game being available.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Terminal Devastation - 09-11-2014

(09-11-2014, 09:06 PM)Jermungandr Wrote: Anybody want to take a guess on what tomorrow's update will be? Do you think it will be some big awesome pre-release update or do you think it'll be just some lame announcement about the game being available.

I'm hoping for one, maybe two last character reveal type videos, so I'm going with big update.
Would be nice to have all the potential newcomers get a reveal video, even if they have to share.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Gwen - 09-11-2014

They should just get Dark Pit's announcement over with so I can just stab my eyes out already.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Jermungandr - 09-11-2014

http://www.smashbros.com/us/music/

Looks like they snuck in a couple more songs while we had our heads turned. I actually really like these two!

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Omega - 09-11-2014

I keep expecting the Pac-man fever lyrics to start in that Pac-man song Sad

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Jermungandr - 09-12-2014

Well, today's update couldn't have been much more disappointing. I guess it's nice of him to tell people how to avoid spoilers at least.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - TomGuycott - 09-12-2014

Yeah, today's update feels really REALLY like revenge for the leaks. xD

I DO see the acknowledgement of possible patches as a good thing, though. It opens up the possibility of changing broken characters, or adding new characters.

Well at least it's safe to say that, judging by the tone of this update, it's safe for people who want to avoid spoiling the unlockable characters to continue checking the site regularly. By the sounds of things they won't be revealing any spoilers any time soon. So if there's one good thing about this update it's that it implied that much.

[EDIT:]
Nintendo has a promotion starting the date Smash is released for us, wherein if you buy and register the game (and a 3DS or 2DS) you can get a select 3DS game for FREE. This is a great chance for anyone who hasn't purchased the latest Kirby or Zelda game yet.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2014/September/Expand-your-collection-of-top-titles-with-the-Nintendo-3DS-Winter-2014-Bonus-Game-Promotion-917410.html

[DOUBLE EDIT:]
Wait a minute ... I didn't realize this deal was for Europe only. FRIGGIN' GORDDAMMIT. I immediately realized something was off when I spotted the ".uk" in the URL.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Mystie - 09-12-2014

So...did the Nintendo Treehouse event not confirm a release date for the Wii U version? Because they said that the Treehouse would last eight hours and confirm a release date of the Wii U version, and seeing as how the Treehouse is done now, I should be able to find the release date online. However, I've looked both in these threads and on Google, and I still don't see an actual release date.

The people who reported they would confirm the release date were wrong. Nintendo and The Treehouse never said they were going to do anything of the sort.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros - SPOILER FREE Thread - Mr. Jam - 09-15-2014

Pic of the day was a bit late today, but now we finally got to see more menus!!!!

I like the idea of this new mode. I find it's cool how they are keeping track of the team win ratios for online play. I think I'm going to join team red and smash blue and green.

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: SPOILER FREE Thread - Jermungandr - 09-22-2014

Okay ... today's update now has me really confused as to how conquest mode works.

Also check this out (don't worry, there's no spoilers). Keep a close eye on Luigi's animation:

Apparently he has a special animation for an extremely specific scenario ...

RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: SPOILER FREE Thread - Kosheh - 09-22-2014

(09-22-2014, 06:28 AM)Jermungandr Wrote: Okay ... today's update now has me really confused as to how conquest mode works.

Also check this out (don't worry, there's no spoilers). Keep a close eye on Luigi's animation:

Apparently he has a special animation for an extremely specific scenario ...

...That seems like a massive nerf to Luigi, honestly - like you're being punished for an actually great recovery ):