The VG Resource
Just a head's up about a vacation I'll have - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Main Content (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-103.html)
+--- Forum: Welcome! / Goodbye! (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-140.html)
+--- Thread: Just a head's up about a vacation I'll have (/thread-25418.html)

Pages: 1 2

Just a head's up about a vacation I'll have - E-Man - 07-08-2014

Hey guys!

Just to give you a little friendly head's up, I'll be going to the southern region of France where Monte Carlo is for a week starting on Thursday. I think I'll still have internet access, which means I'll still be able to talk to you guys, but if there are days that I don't post a whole lot, that means that I'm tied up with activities involving my family.

RE: Just a head's up about a vacation I'll have - psychospacecow - 07-08-2014

Have a good time E-Man.

RE: Just a head's up about a vacation I'll have - Dazz - 07-08-2014

Enjoy your time in France - it's a lovely country, me and Charlie actually spent our Honeymoon in Paris. Shame you can't just pop across the pond to meet up with us in London for a pint or two!

Have a great time!

RE: Just a head's up about a vacation I'll have - Mystie - 07-08-2014

I've always wanted to visit France. (also, I've never went on vacation anywhere outside of the U.S., sadly) Hope you have fun!

RE: Just a head's up about a vacation I'll have - puggsoy - 07-08-2014

Nice, enjoy your time there!

RE: Just a head's up about a vacation I'll have - Garamonde - 07-08-2014

Bye bye!

RE: Just a head's up about a vacation I'll have - Kosheh - 07-09-2014

yo

take me

(enjoy your vacation to that southern part tho)

Dazz: Is there a way I can go to France without being hated by the entire population? I'd like to go but I'm just too American. I need my burgers, democracy and FPS games.

RE: Just a head's up about a vacation I'll have - Dazz - 07-09-2014

(07-09-2014, 06:15 AM)Kosheh Wrote: Dazz: Is there a way I can go to France without being hated by the entire population? I'd like to go but I'm just too American. I need my burgers, democracy and FPS games.

If you give them your money, they will love you.

RE: Just a head's up about a vacation I'll have - E-Man - 07-09-2014

(07-08-2014, 06:51 PM)Dazz Wrote: Enjoy your time in France - it's a lovely country, me and Charlie actually spent our Honeymoon in Paris. Shame you can't just pop across the pond to meet up with us in London for a pint or two!

Have a great time!

Thanks, Dazz! Considering that I visited London twice in my life, I wouldn't mind to make a third trip there. Besides, considering that I live in the Netherlands, it'll be more like hopping across a stream. Smile

(07-09-2014, 06:15 AM)Kosheh Wrote: yo

take me

(enjoy your vacation to that southern part tho)

If I knew you in real life and I was still living in the states, I'll be more than happy to take you there, Kosheh. Still, I wouldn't mind if you visit me in the Netherlands one of these days.

RE: Just a head's up about a vacation I'll have - Kosheh - 07-09-2014

(07-09-2014, 06:41 AM)Dazz Wrote:
(07-09-2014, 06:15 AM)Kosheh Wrote: Dazz: Is there a way I can go to France without being hated by the entire population? I'd like to go but I'm just too American. I need my burgers, democracy and FPS games.

Like the one with Ben Franklin on it? Or do I need to convert it first?

RE: Just a head's up about a vacation I'll have - E-Man - 07-14-2014

I'm not back from my vacation yet, but here's an update of what I've been doing so far.

Ever since Thursday night to Sunday morning, I was staying in a quaint place in the south of France with my family. The first dinner I had there was a little bland, but the next dinners I had were a lot more delishious (I even had duck to eat). On Firday, we explored a small town where a man was unloading honeycome frames from his truck into a store that sold goods made by bees. For Saturday, we went on a canoe trip and I had to share one with my dad. Since the two of us don't like each other that much (he tends to treat me like I'm a dunce), 3/4ths of the trip was horrible; however, once we decided to pull ourselves together, we actually did a whole lot better.

We didn't stay in that little house for long in France because we went over to one of dad's friend's house to spend two nights there. He his a very nice man that I knew for quite some time (although I know his daughter a lot better). Today, we spent the day on an island that is not far from the house that was quite nice. The trails that connect the village to the beaches were very rough to handle due to how uneven and wooded they are (I even saw a little hole in the ground that probably was a wasp nest), but the beachs and the town were lovely. On one of the beachs we visited, I collected a lot of sea glass, which suits me fine since I like collecting little trinkets and I'm not a fan of swimming in sea water.

Anyway, if you're wondering why it took me this long to post, I didn't feel like browsing the web for my offtime on this vacation. Instead, I mostly played my 3DS and my Gameboy SP. When I finally decided to go online after arriving at my dad's friend's house, I discovered that my main computer was unable to use the wifi here correctly. While it could browse a few web sites, such as Youtube, I was unable to use the rest of the sites I like to go to (including this one). When I decided to use my dad's friend's computer today, I managed to get to every web site without no trouble. While that suits me fine, the downside is that the computer is a French one. Considering that the key layout is completely different from a USA layout and I lack a spellcheck that checks English spelling, I'm likely to make a few more typos and spelling erorrs than usual. If you see any in my posts, I'm sorry about that.

RE: Just a head's up about a vacation I'll have - psychospacecow - 07-14-2014

(07-09-2014, 10:51 AM)Kosheh Wrote:
(07-09-2014, 06:41 AM)Dazz Wrote:

Like the one with Ben Franklin on it? Or do I need to convert it first?

They like Ben. He went to France and they liked him so much that they warred the Brits in America for him.

RE: Just a head's up about a vacation I'll have - Mystie - 07-14-2014

Sounds like you've been having a lot of fun on this vacation!

RE: Just a head's up about a vacation I'll have - E-Man - 07-15-2014

France is nice, Mystie. It has a lot to see and the food there is dreamy. I just don't like how arid the south of France gets in the summer and the risk of sun burns and mosquitoes.

If I vacation again elsewhere in Europe, I would like to try the Alps or the UK.

RE: Just a head's up about a vacation I'll have - Kosheh - 07-16-2014

(07-14-2014, 04:38 PM)E-Casanova Wrote:
He his a very nice man that I knew for quite some time
(07-14-2014, 04:38 PM)E-Casanova Wrote:
(although I know his daughter a lot better).

[Image: Vd6sBrP.gif][Image: Vd6sBrP.gif][Image: Vd6sBrP.gif]

congratulations to e-man
he was an e-boy but he is now officially an e-man