The VG Resource
Newee's Sprite Thread: Featuring Sprites! - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Creativity (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-126.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Sprites / Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-127.html)
+--- Thread: Newee's Sprite Thread: Featuring Sprites! (/thread-25395.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Colorful Pixels - Neweegee - 08-07-2014

[Image: Marios.gif]

I've decided Mario & Luigi needed their walk animations redone with 6 frames, I want to submit the Luigi spritesheet with this change.
I'm thinking about redoing Mario's sheet completely, but that will have to wait until I'm done with Kirby at least.

RE: Colorful Pixels - Neweegee - 08-11-2014

I know I said I wouldn't do this until I was done with Kirby, but the original sheet was really starting to bother me, so it kinda just happened.

Here's a little bit of Kirby, though.

[Image: Main_Hold_strip3.png] [Image: Hold_Kirby.gif] [Image: Run_Kirby.gif]

RE: Neweegee is still making Kirby - Neweegee - 08-13-2014

I've started making Braixen, which was actually a bit of a request.
[Image: Standing.gif] [Image: Crawling.gif] [Image: Walking.gif]

[Image: Main_Jump_strip3.png]

Also, I gave Mario's sheet one more update...

RE: Neweegee is still making Kirby - Ton - 08-13-2014

I think Kirby's eyes should be rounded and brought closer to the "front" of the body. It looks like it's on the side right now.

RE: Neweegee is still making Kirby - Neweegee - 08-13-2014

I've tried fixing it, but I mostly have trouble figuring out how to not make Kirby's eyes too big.

[Image: Kirbo_strip4.png]

RE: Neweegee is still making Kirby - Ton - 08-13-2014

B is closer to what you want.

RE: Neweegee is still making Kirby - Zadaben - 08-15-2014

this is relatively minor, but kirby sprites usually don't depict him smiling, I would advise giving him a two or three pixel wide straight mouth.

RE: Neweegee is still making Kirby - Jaharl - 08-16-2014

I say B is good one to use, and I think that the smile is fine because it makes him look more like the Japanese version.

RE: Neweegee is still making Kirby - Deathbringer - 08-16-2014

B is good for Kirby, D could work as a Batamon.

RE: Neweegee is still making Kirby - Neweegee - 08-16-2014

Kirby now has a sheet!
[Image: Kirby_and_Stuff.png]
This animation has the old face, but it still shows how the eating animation should look.
[Image: Kirby_EX.gif]

RE: Neweegee is still making Kirby - Iocus - 08-17-2014

Something was bugging me a little about your Kirby, it didn't seem quite...Kirby-like, and I think I've figured out what it is. I made an edit to illustrate.

[Image: 6dp9KbH.png]

Kirby's face-to-body ratio is not right, considering most Kirby official sources. In your sprite, the face takes up way too much space (or conversely, the body is too small.)

In my example, I made his body bigger, but I guess making his eyes smaller could also work.

Another thing I noticed, is that you made his arm/hands like blobs (i.e. very round), where they are usually (see aforementioned sources) depicted more like nubs (i.e. larger curve radius.)

Oh, also you used sel-out, but the lighter outlines are on the opposite side of the light-source, which doesn't make too much sense.

There's something odd about the shoes/feet, but I can't exactly put my finger on it.

Hope this helps!

RE: Neweegee is still making Kirby - Zadaben - 08-17-2014

Taking Iocus' astute observation and subsequent edit of kirby's proportions/other things, I edited the eyes and feet, and also removed that smile because pretty much no kirby sprites have that.
[Image: WZpcElZ.png]
EDIT: I also removed the purple shade and replaced it with the darkest red, and removed the lightest orange of the foot.

RE: Neweegee is still making Kirby - Virt - 08-17-2014

I personally like the smile on Kirby. Without the smile he looks kind of dull and emotionless.

RE: Neweegee is still making Kirby - recme - 08-17-2014

[Image: 3FrNAs4.png]

no smiles for you

RE: Neweegee is still making Kirby - Neweegee - 08-18-2014

[Image: Kriber_Again_strip3.png]

I kinda pieced everything said together while trying to keep the round shape, and got this. I still don't know what should happen to the smile, so I tried 3 different versions.