The VG Resource
Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-134.html)
+--- Thread: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread (/thread-25352.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - TomGuycott - 04-11-2015

(04-11-2015, 08:26 AM)psychospacecow Wrote: I believe they're calling it Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. So, SSGSSJ

Just call it Super Duper Saiyan and get it over with.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - NICKtendo DS - 04-11-2015

At least it was not given a number.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - psychospacecow - 04-11-2015

(04-11-2015, 11:44 AM)BlueBlur97 Wrote: He's already overpowered the SSJ4 transformation in DragonBall GT. Damn, that was quick. The last time I saw Goku over power a previous SS transformation in the anime, it took several YEARS.

I guess we could kiss the GT storyline goodbye now theat the story line is starting to go slightly off course but thats just how I see it... Blank

Well, that depends on some perspective. If you are taking GT and the newer stuff into account for comparison, that means that the new stuff would have to have happened. So, Battle of the Gods, where Goku becomes almost as powerful as his God form when it wears off, would be the base for 20 more years of training, and work. You could even justify the not turning into a God by the 5 requirement and him turning into a kid. I don't they'll want to continue GT as canon (heck, in Xenoverse, you have to wish to get GT characters apart from DLC and SSJ4 Goku who you get by exploring all possible side quest time lapses)

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Omegajak - 04-11-2015

Still more interested in finding out how people on Berus's level get/use their power. Since it's not a form of Ki.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - 2BT - 06-23-2015

(07-06-2014, 06:20 PM)Rhyme Wrote:
(07-06-2014, 06:16 PM)StarSock64 Wrote:
(07-06-2014, 03:35 PM)Rhyme Wrote: i think sao was just a masterpiece 10/10 no flaws beautiful the second half was very good and i'm excited for sao2

YOU MADE THIS JUST TO MAKE ME UPSET

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/FS_Angie

[Image: mzwysi.png]

I Do Not Like You

tokyo ghoul is pretty good, smc i'm indifferent on, sao2.... ugh.... akame ga kill was very good, persona 4 the golden anime might be okay? space dandy was godtier

Just about any way I look at it I agree with you, Sao is the top anime, in terms of story and popularity.

Tokyo ghoul was average, this season ended without any kind of conclusion, SMC is a good updated version of the original, Sao2 was better then the original, ga kill was mediocre at best, persona 4 >.> and I have no Idea about Space dandy... never heard anyone utter the name..

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Kosheh - 06-23-2015

wow uh nice red text
as a heads up, you're fine just posting without the need to spruce up your text. it also doesn't help is that there's a dark theme on the boards as well, and the red text is seriously headache-inducing on that theme. :/ i'm sure you're a great guy, you don't need to color the heck out of your posts. If you need to spruce up the space your posts take up, make a signature

(06-23-2015, 02:06 PM)2BT Wrote: I have no Idea about Space dandy... never heard anyone utter the name..

Rhyme's 100% correct; it's the only anime I know that has a protagonist that constantly visits a breastaurant. And it's called Boobies Wonderland.

Boobies Wonderland.

10/10 god tier anime

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Rhyme - 06-25-2015

ahhh

hibike! euphonium anime of the season, cute girls cute girls yuri good plot kyoani did it right

danmachi is okay it's like a better sao

plastic memories is decent i'd recommend it but i'm gonna wait to say anything until the ending because it'll either be really heartwrenching and good or really shitty

punchline is great and it has a nonon clone i can't ask for anything else, the humor gets a bit repetitive but it's ok

show by rock!! is pretty fun but i really can't do multiple episodes in a row for some reason

nisekoi season 2.. it's just girls with spaghetti flying everywhere but i like it

all of the shows look really nice this season i have a disgusting amount of screenshots

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - 2BT - 06-30-2015

Everytime I hear 'its a better SAO' I watch it and it is almost like they are trying to make fun of SAO. >.>

I guess I will try to find this Space dandy, what is the japanese name for the show?

hmm, red is the color I write in on all forums, feel free to ignore it if you are uncomfortable.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - E-Man - 06-30-2015

When you say "ignore it," do you mean that we should overlook the fact that you write in red, or that we should just ignore your posts all together? I'm willing to bet money on the former guess, so let me tell you that not all of us are willing to tolerate the fact that you write in red. Besides the fact that it'll get very old quickly, Kosheh also made the point that it causes too much strain if we're reading what you say on some of the alternate forum themes. Besides, I imagine that typing that way requires a little more effort to pull off than just typing what you say with the default color, so breaking your habit of using red font isn't that unreasonable of a request.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Rhyme - 06-30-2015

(06-30-2015, 03:38 AM)2BT Wrote: Everytime I hear 'its a better SAO' I watch it and it is almost like they are trying to make fun of SAO. >.>

i am, sao was awful

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Shade - 06-30-2015

I thought the first three or so episodes of SAO were pretty good, actually. The world was interesting enough, even if the characters were kind of bland. After that, quality declined so hard.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Garamonde - 06-30-2015

(06-30-2015, 03:38 AM)2BT Wrote: Everytime I hear 'its a better SAO' I watch it and it is almost like they are trying to make fun of SAO. >.>

I guess I will try to find this Space dandy, what is the japanese name for the show?

hmm, red is the color I write in on all forums, feel free to ignore it if you are uncomfortable.

The Rules Wrote:5.1: Overuse of Fonts and Emotes
We have these nice features and there's nothing wrong with using them. However, overusing them isn't advised. Making all your posts in a non-standard font or color should be avoided. The usage of these should be restricted to cases where they make sense, for example to mark or emphasize text sections or to give large texts or story parts better structuring. There's also nothing wrong with using emoticons, but you shouldn't put a ton of random ones everywhere. There's no need to put long chains of emoticons at the end of every post or sentence.

Most notably,

Quote:Making all your posts in a non-standard font or color should be avoided. The usage of these should be restricted to cases where they make sense, for example to mark or emphasize text sections or to give large texts or story parts better structuring.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Kosheh - 06-30-2015

(06-30-2015, 03:38 AM)2BT Wrote: I guess I will try to find this Space dandy, what is the japanese name for the show?

スペース☆ダンディ

It's literally "Space Dandy", rofl

I've been meaning to get back into Space Dandy btw but it seems like it's only on Hulu in the US. I hate Hulu with a burning passion, but I guess I'm just gonna have to Get Over Myself ('A`)
unless, of course, I manage to magically pilfer Funimation's entire collection of animes through some kind of streaming service. Whatever, I'll suck it up and watch it on Hulu.

p.s. e-man hittin it out of the PARK. DAYUM

(06-30-2015, 04:30 AM)E-Man Wrote: Kosheh also made the point that it causes too much strain if we're reading what you say on some of the alternate forum themes.

For some perspective:

[Image: hDrJGQ0.png]

and I just think

[Image: 6DrsVGt.jpg]

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - 2BT - 06-30-2015

Sorry, never heard of it, I know all the best anime and this one never pops up.

(06-30-2015, 11:24 AM)Shade Wrote: I thought the first three or so episodes of SAO were pretty good, actually. The world was interesting enough, even if the characters were kind of bland. After that, quality declined so hard.

Really? I thought to myself this would be an average show before the 5th episode, good character development, solid storyline with a decent love story. Never seen an anime pull it off. If you pay attention that is, it is kinda hard as a developer when someone says bland, I tend to take it that it was never given a chance because they wanted action/adventure.
(06-30-2015, 11:28 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote:

The Rules Wrote:5.1: Overuse of Fonts and Emotes
We have these nice features and there's nothing wrong with using them. However, overusing them isn't advised. Making all your posts in a non-standard font or color should be avoided. The usage of these should be restricted to cases where they make sense, for example to mark or emphasize text sections or to give large texts or story parts better structuring. There's also nothing wrong with using emoticons, but you shouldn't put a ton of random ones everywhere. There's no need to put long chains of emoticons at the end of every post or sentence.

Most notably,

Quote:Making all your posts in a non-standard font or color should be avoided. The usage of these should be restricted to cases where they make sense, for example to mark or emphasize text sections or to give large texts or story parts better structuring.

I normally have to deal with multiple posts, this BS about no colors is idiotic but it is so easy to tell my posts apart with red. I feel you are stifling grouth of this forum using these spiteful rules. I hope you can actually keep up with this text and actually respond. If you dont it will be proven. >.>

(06-30-2015, 11:43 AM)Kosheh Wrote:
(06-30-2015, 03:38 AM)2BT Wrote: I guess I will try to find this Space dandy, what is the japanese name for the show?

スペース☆ダンディ

It's literally "Space Dandy", rofl

I've been meaning to get back into Space Dandy btw but it seems like it's only on Hulu in the US. I hate Hulu with a burning passion, but I guess I'm just gonna have to Get Over Myself ('A`)
unless, of course, I manage to magically pilfer Funimation's entire collection of animes through some kind of streaming service. Whatever, I'll suck it up and watch it on Hulu.

p.s. e-man hittin it out of the PARK. DAYUM

(06-30-2015, 04:30 AM)E-Man Wrote: Kosheh also made the point that it causes too much strain if we're reading what you say on some of the alternate forum themes.

For some perspective:

[Image: hDrJGQ0.png]

and I just think

[Image: 6DrsVGt.jpg]

How about this lovely rainbow font how do you feel about its possibilities?

(06-30-2015, 04:30 AM)E-Man Wrote: When you say "ignore it," do you mean that we should overlook the fact that you write in red, or that we should just ignore your posts all together? I'm willing to bet money on the former guess, so let me tell you that not all of us are willing to tolerate the fact that you write in red. Besides the fact that it'll get very old quickly, Kosheh also made the point that it causes too much strain if we're reading what you say on some of the alternate forum themes. Besides, I imagine that typing that way requires a little more effort to pull off than just typing what you say with the default color, so breaking your habit of using red font isn't that unreasonable of a request.

I dont think it is an unreasonable request to just ignore it, this is annoying having to respond while not knowing the difference
between your text and mine.
Also you would have lost money, I would rather avoid chatting with people who think reading a slightly different color is
a nuisance.
This also means unless I have to I am unlikely to post unless it is important post/count.
This maybe beyond you but... did you know it is really easy to highlight text that has color and it will be changed into
your properties favorite color?
Only saying this because trying to adapt everyone else to you shows your incompetence.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - NICKtendo DS - 06-30-2015

We have usernames, avatars and signatures to stand out. We think the red text is excessive and for some even annoying. Do you want to be known as "that guy with the annoying red text"? Because that's the identity you were going for pretty much.