The VG Resource
Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-134.html)
+--- Thread: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread (/thread-25352.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - psychospacecow - 03-03-2015

http://kotaku.com/friezas-new-look-divides-dragon-ball-z-fans-1689103268?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Frieza confirmed for 3rd Street Saint.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - ~Axis~ - 03-03-2015

You beat me to it you psychotic cow.

The DB franchise is starting to overdo this "ressurect old bad guy and make him strong enough to fight *insert overpowered DB character here*" BS.

They did that with Cooler and with Broly... TWICE!! Why not just make a new series or something a bit more original? The concept can get pretty boring. I also hope they could be more creative than just having the protagonist beef up at the end and win.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Shade - 03-03-2015

(03-03-2015, 07:07 AM)BlueBlur97 Wrote: The DB franchise is starting to overdo this "ressurect old bad guy and make him strong enough to fight *insert overpowered DB character here*" BS.

I also hope they could be more creative than just having the protagonist beef up at the end and win.
But... That's basically what Dragon Ball Z is. It's never been one for a convoluted plot. Tongue

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Kosheh - 03-03-2015

B-but you don't understand, you guys!! You're missing the point!!

[Image: vFGcdk1.jpg?1]

FRIEZA TURNED GOLD

GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and now he is SO SCARY!!!!!!!! i dont think goku can beat him this time!!!!!

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - TomGuycott - 03-03-2015

If this came out in the 90's, we'd all be shitting bricks, because dipping a dude in gold paint gives superhuman powers.

Look at Super Sonic, Sparkster, link's gold sword in A Link to the Past, and of course the Super Saiyans.

Then we remembered Gold is an extremely malleable metal and really isn't going to make anything more powerful.

The least they could do was make him look unique. Now he just looks like a cooler.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - TomGuycott - 03-03-2015

Being unique stopped being the series' goal a long time ago.

Wait, wasn't that ancestor of Freeza gold? The one that Bardock meets? Why wasn't HE stronger because he was gold?

Umm...

because Bardock turned super saiyan? Also that he was real strong by the time he went back in time (I could have sworn I read that his power level was around 10,000 at the time he "died". Him surviving that incident and healing should've added to his strength). Also assuming that at the time of friezas ancestors, they werent as strong since there wouldnt have been the need to be. The were strong enough to wipe out planets so any extra strength would have been unnecessary. Maybe pure luck that he could have beaten Chilled with a single Ki blast.

I assume.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - psychospacecow - 03-03-2015

I am actually really excited about this. He looks cool, and they gave him a new look and its gonna be awesome.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - NICKtendo DS - 03-04-2015

What's wrong about Frieza transforming? His race is based on layers upon layers of metamorphosis (that can somehow be reversed, what?) and Frieza basically invented transforming for the sake of over-powering the hero. He deserves to get away with it.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - psychospacecow - 03-04-2015

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Shade - 03-04-2015

(03-04-2015, 04:47 PM)psychospacecow Wrote:
I can't believe people are shocked Frieza turned golden

I mean look at him

he's fabulous

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - ~Axis~ - 03-04-2015

I wonder if he has some new awsome finishing move we can use in future games. Cute

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - psychospacecow - 03-05-2015

Xenoverse 2 you say?

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Kriven - 03-05-2015

Do we have a cartoon thread?

Can this thread be used as a general cartoon thread?

with the whole "anime" meaning "all animation" in Japanese and all anyway...