The VG Resource
Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-134.html)
+--- Thread: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread (/thread-25352.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Shade - 11-24-2014

Where the hell did that shit directed at Koopaul even come from. For god sake, all he did was point out something he considers unusual, and you went off on a massive rant for absolutely no reason.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Virt - 11-27-2014

(11-23-2014, 11:39 PM)Koopaul Wrote: I think I mentioned this before but what's the deal with all new animes drawing teeth like this...

[Image: Smile.Precure%21.600.1442150.jpg][Image: pokemon-omega-ruby-and-alpha-sapphire-tr...5Wl1xhttp:]

Not a fan. Makes them all look like rodents with buckteeth. They never used to do this, now they all seem to want to.
I don't watch anime a lot myself but I haven't seen that anywhere. Do you have any more examples of this?

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - recme - 11-27-2014

[Image: 2226.png]

sorry gors

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Virt - 11-27-2014

I meant other than Pokemon, Recme. The example koopaul gave was from Pokemon. :B

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - recme - 11-27-2014

[Image: buckteeth.jpg]

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Shade - 02-03-2015

Anime appreciation bump

Finished Sword Art and Attack on Titan, absolutely loved em both. I didn't think the second part of the first season of Sword Art was all that great, but I'm glad I watched it, nonetheless.

Does anyone know if Fairy Tail is any good?

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - [robo9] - 02-10-2015

So guys, what is your favorite anime?

Mines Bobobo

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - ~Axis~ - 02-11-2015

(02-10-2015, 11:08 PM)Sportoise Wrote: So guys, what is your favorite anime?

Mines Bobobo

DragonBall Z and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I like the action of DBZ but not the story as much, FMAB has a kickass storyline and I love it to death.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - puggsoy - 02-11-2015

Rundown of the few animes/mangas I actually seriously watch/read.

Dragon Ball Z is a classic for me, I used to watch it as a kid with my bro. Nostalgia aside though, the story is fairly OK, and the action is just really cool.
I'm reading Dragon Ball which is also really cool, I can see why people prefer its story to DBZ, there's a lot more adventure going on. The action is also very good though, it's interesting to see how it's portrayed as still drawings.
I read the Full Metal Alchemist manga (which I think is the story that Brotherhood uses), which was AWESOME. Seriously one of the best stories in anything I've read, seen, or played.
I used to read a bit of Case Closed (aka Detective Conan), I should get back to it. It's quite good, reminds me of Ace Attorney a bit.
I've also read a bit of One Piece, but not enough yet to really form a proper opinion.

If I had to choose a number 1 favourite, I would have to say DBZ due to classic-ness, action, and the somewhat underrated storyline. FMA is a very, very close second though. Dat story hrrrrrrnnnnnnnnggggghhhhh

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Virt - 02-11-2015

I don't know if this is a manga thread too but OH WELL

I started reading Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia) a while ago. It's pretty noice.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - E-Man - 02-11-2015

Don't judge me on this, but my favorite animes are BoBoBo and Kirby: Right Back at Ya/Kirby of the Stars. Years ago, the Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh animes were thrown into the mix.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Paladin - 02-11-2015

My favourite anime is probably Claymore or Attack on Titan.

My favourite manga would be Vinland Saga.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Kriven - 02-12-2015

Did anybody ever watch this as a kid?

I never could make heads or tails of anime movies when I was younger, but I'd watch them all the time anyway (we're talking when I was still in my single digits here, and VHS tapes!). This was one of my favorites. Recently found out that the "movie" is actually four episodes glued together, like the Donkey Kong Country "movie". Maybe that's why it didn't make sense. Also had one about Peter Pand and some kind of cloud car that I haven't been able to find...

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - TomGuycott - 02-12-2015

(02-10-2015, 11:08 PM)Sportoise Wrote: So guys, what is your favorite anime?

Mines Bobobo

Berserk. Most violent shit you'll ever watch.

Also tits.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Dolphman - 02-12-2015

(02-12-2015, 08:17 AM)Kriven Wrote: I never could make heads or tails of anime movies when I was younger, but I'd watch them all the time anyway (we're talking when I was still in my single digits here, and VHS tapes!). This was one of my favorites. Recently found out that the "movie" is actually four episodes glued together, like the Donkey Kong Country "movie". Maybe that's why it didn't make sense. Also had one about Peter Pand and some kind of cloud car that I haven't been able to find...

Funny that you mentioned an anime from childhood.

Before starting school, I saw very obscure early Saban dubs of a few, which i think are hard to find in english other than Samurai Pizza Cats

There was Bumpety Boo, about a boy and his dog who went on adventures with a sentient car. The cars even hatched from eggs!
Most of the adventures were about looking for the Bumpety's mother, often getting chased by a big-nosed crook and his own sentient car.

Hakushon Daimaō was dubbed, for some reason, as Bob in a Bottle. We had it in Australia back in the early 90s along with the other two dubs mentioned above. It also seems to be really hard to find, even on YouTube. I've tried.

Me and my two older brothers didn't saw another anime until DiC's crappy dub of Sailor Moon. Glad the Viz Re-dub is on it's way.