The VG Resource
Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-134.html)
+--- Thread: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread (/thread-25352.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - 2BT - 06-30-2015

(06-30-2015, 07:33 PM)Iceman404 Wrote: HE... doesn't...?

'This gives Jonathan an idea to combat Dio's freezing by contact technique; Jonathan infuses the the sword he had received earlier from Bruford, Luck and Pluck, with the ripple. Dio jumps backwards onto a ledge and summons his army of zombies to take care of the protagonists. Jonathan goes ahead to fight Dio while Straizo and Tonpetty stay back to fight the zombies. As the battle begins, Jonathan cuts Dio's arm off and cuts him in half. Dio freezes the sword briefly, but Jonathan manages to melt the ice away by using a torch nearby. Jonathan lands a sunlight yellow overdrive on Dio, but the effects aren't null as Dio put his arm and body back together.'

Ultimately it was a tie, but this is a loss in my book.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Iceman404 - 06-30-2015

I'd suggest... referring to the JoJos by their actual names and not "Jojo", especially if its in an entirely different context Cool

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - 2BT - 06-30-2015

(06-30-2015, 08:52 PM)Iceman404 Wrote: I'd suggest... referring to the JoJos by their actual names and not "Jojo", especially if its in an entirely different context Cool

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure tells the story of the Joestar family, a family whose various members discover they are destined to take down supernatural foes using unique powers that they find they possess. The manga is split up into 8 unique parts, each following the story of one member of the Joestar family, who inevitably has a name that can be abbreviated to the titular "JoJo". The first six parts of the series take place within a single continuity, while parts 7 and 8 take place in an alternate continuity spawned from the events of part 6.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Iceman404 - 06-30-2015

You didn't understand me at all

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - NICKtendo DS - 07-01-2015

(06-30-2015, 09:03 PM)2BT Wrote:
(06-30-2015, 08:52 PM)Iceman404 Wrote: I'd suggest... referring to the JoJos by their actual names and not "Jojo", especially if its in an entirely different context Cool

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure tells the story of the Joestar family, a family whose various members discover they are destined to take down supernatural foes using unique powers that they find they possess. The manga is split up into 8 unique parts, each following the story of one member of the Joestar family, who inevitably has a name that can be abbreviated to the titular "JoJo". The first six parts of the series take place within a single continuity, while parts 7 and 8 take place in an alternate continuity spawned from the events of part 6.

Your reply on the spoiler tagged clip of Jotaro versus Dio made it seem like you were talking about Jotaro instead of Jonathan.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the physics of the final blow against Kars. Like... heh? It makes Dio's death seem so anticlimactic, even after the ridiculous battle against Jotaro.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Rhyme - 07-01-2015

wow this thread turned into a mess what the fuck guys
[Image: 687b794805.jpg]

hibike! euphonium season 2 when? cliffhanger is so real

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Kitsu - 07-02-2015

my anime of the season was ore monogatari

but I guess I should watch euphemism

anyways fsjal for working!!!

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - psychospacecow - 07-02-2015

So, I went through all of Desert Punk in a few days. Would recommend for people who don't mind a good amount of slapstick, perversion and dark humor.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Kriven - 02-07-2016

Technically not anime, but whatever.

I've been going through The Legend of Korra since I picked up the first two seasons on Black Friday... and discovered the last two seasons weren't that much more expensive on Amazon. I just finished season three ("Change") Thursday night, and I'm pretty happy with everything. When the show was first announced and they got about four episodes into season one, I watched them and coming right off a binge of The Last Airbender, I wasn't that impressed... first of all was the extensive use of CGI for environmental elements, and that's something that always pulls me out... And then there was the whole Pro-Bending thing, and I just wasn't appreciating it as much as the original series and I let it fall out of mind.

I was wrong. When taken one episode at a time, I can see why I wasn't that excited about it... The early episodes just set the show up as something else entirely that looked like it was trying to play to the Twilight and Teen Romance crowd with all the tension between Mako and Korra, and I'm so glad that isn't the route the show actually went. Going into the final season, I'm actually catching myself liking some aspects of this series more than the original Avatar show. The characters and situations are older, more complex, and the world feels a lot more cohesive (which makes sense, given the changes brought about by Aang's accomplishments as Avatar. He's kind of brought order to a world which was chaotic and disjointed, and now we get to see that. I like that we get the world evolving). I think it was a good idea moving the series into a loose adaptation of the real-world 30s-50s era of technological development. It's also neat to see some of the previous protagonists showing up and how they've changed... like, we don't just get to see "Zuko but Older", but actually Zuko as a man who has seen ninety years of the world. So we don't end up with just this rash angry old guy, but a character who has been believably developed throughout the course of his life. It's just a very cool series all around.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - miyabi95_ - 02-27-2016

Been binge watching Princess Jellyfish...That feeling when Netflix puts out an anime for a limited time without telling you, but at the time it's there you're not interested... Unimpressed That's my exact scenario with this anime xP. I shoulda watched it long ago!!
Also...Watch a few minutes of SoniAni with English voices. Honestly, it wasn't bad at all. I don't know anything about Jessica Nigri other than that she cosplays...But her voice fits pretty well. That's just me.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - puggsoy - 02-27-2016

Finished Dragon Ball Z! Took a while, but I finally got there. Really really good though, even though it could drag on at times I am glad I watched it. I'm gonna take a break (watch other stuff like Doctor Who first) and then start either Dragon Ball or GT.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Dolphman - 02-27-2016

Man, I have the DVD of SoniAmi but still have yet to watch it. BTW, Nigri's also in RWBY as Cinder Fall, which is probably where she started at.
And speaking of Rooster Teeth. I've only just found out Michael Jones is doing voice acting for Funimation. That's pretty awesome.
Too bad I'm not familiar with Fairy Tail, but I wouldn't mind seeing a clip of the character he voices.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - psychospacecow - 02-28-2016

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha. It is something to defy expectations. You think its an rpg epic with some trashy romance thrown in and it turns out that the whole thing's about economics and military tactics. Would recommend. Don't let 1st 2 episodes dissuade you. That's as bad as it gets.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - miyabi95_ - 02-28-2016

Azumanga Daioh is SoOoOoOoOoO good! It's really relaxing to watch a laid-back comedy when your feeling low on creativity...lol.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Shade - 02-28-2016

(02-27-2016, 10:04 PM)puggsoy Wrote: and then start either Dragon Ball or GT.
Considering Dragon Ball is the best of the three shows, definitely do that one. GT is pretty meh but worth the watch I guess.