The VG Resource
Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-134.html)
+--- Thread: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread (/thread-25352.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Dazz - 06-30-2015

The rule still stands, and don't report your own post in order to ask for a response. That's even more ridiculous than breaking a rule and not understanding why. I'm going to warn you for it too, because it falls under abuse of the report system.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Gors - 06-30-2015

Basically if you really have to resort to a red text to stand out from the rest then you must have a really shallow personality to start with

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - 2BT - 06-30-2015

^
You seem to have a problem,
perhaps read my post again.
(06-30-2015, 02:24 PM)Dazz Wrote: The rule still stands, and don't report your own post in order to ask for a response. That's even more ridiculous than breaking a rule and not understanding why. I'm going to warn you for it too, because it falls under abuse of the report system.
I dont like this *black type* uniform mess, it seems substandard. I was unaware that the moderators felt that answering report requests was beyond them. I will be more careful. >.>

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Shade - 06-30-2015

(06-30-2015, 04:12 PM)2BT Wrote: I dont like this *black type* uniform mess, it seems substandard. I was unaware that the moderators felt that answering report requests was beyond them. I will be more careful. >.>
Let's all fight the power regarding a ridiculously miniscule requirement! Seriously, in what way is a standard text color such a world ending concern? It's not worth so much outcry. Way to call out the mods like that, too.

(06-30-2015, 04:41 PM)Shade Wrote:
(06-30-2015, 04:12 PM)2BT Wrote: ^
You seem to have a problem,
perhaps read my post again.

(06-30-2015, 02:24 PM)Dazz Wrote: The rule still stands, and don't report your own post in order to ask for a response. That's even more ridiculous than breaking a rule and not understanding why. I'm going to warn you for it too, because it falls under abuse of the report system.
I dont like this *black type* uniform mess, it seems substandard. I was unaware that the moderators felt that answering report requests was beyond them. I will be more careful. >.>
Let's all fight the power regarding a ridiculously miniscule requirement! Seriously, in what way is a standard text color such a world ending concern? It's not worth so much outcry. Way to call out the mods like that, too.
^
It is tough to read when you start getting into quotes, you really have to pay attention to who is saying what. I am not the one who 'called the mods' first, someone made a big deal over the fact that I like to be able to tell who is posting by colors, a quote train tends to get messy otherwise. Even a moderator made a post without being able to read my whole post. I think it is unfair but I dont believe anyone has replied here who can do anything looking at your mod levels.
Making a big deal about important rights and seeing how moderators handle it is important, if you are belittled then more then likely it is a culture of entitlement, best to avoid such forums. (dropping the problem is 10x easier then worrying about others)

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - NICKtendo DS - 06-30-2015

We are doing just fine typing black and stuff. Doing fine for years. You're not standing out as the guy with the red text, but as some guy being overly vocal about text color. What a title to have.

Also, we don't usually post cascades of quotes and even if we did, we know who Shade, Dazz and 2BT (that's you) are. It's even bold text, so it's the first thing that catches your attention. It doesn't need color coding and if people only recognize you for your text color rather than your username, that's not our fault.

When I got to France I realized I didn't know very much about food at all. I'd never had a real cake. I'd had those cakes from cake mixes or the ones that have a lot of baking powder in them. A really good French cake doesn't have anything like that in it - it's all egg power.
Julia Child

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/realized_3.html#1Ut77Xwjo219hZVr.99

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Gors - 06-30-2015

Quote:I dont think it is an unreasonable request to just ignore it, this is annoying having to respond while not knowing the difference
between your text and mine.
Also you would have lost money, I would rather avoid chatting with people who think reading a slightly different color is
a nuisance.
This also means unless I have to I am unlikely to post unless it is important post/count.
This maybe beyond you but... did you know it is really easy to highlight text that has color and it will be changed into
your properties favorite color?
Only saying this because trying to adapt everyone else to you shows your incompetence.

It is not incompetence when it is on the forum's damn rules. You joined our forums, read our disclaimer and abided to it. If anything, you are the incompetent one, for 1: making a big deal about having your text colored without the need to; 2: not reading our rules which are the very first thing you find in our forum; and 3: trying to turn the fault on us when the rule offender is clearly *hint hint* you. I mean, if we are all complaining about your random unecessary text color, then the rule is valid and is reasnable. Have you stopped to think about that?

(06-30-2015, 06:33 PM)2BT Wrote: When I got to France I realized I didn't know very much about food at all. I'd never had a real cake. I'd had those cakes from cake mixes or the ones that have a lot of baking powder in them. A really good French cake doesn't have anything like that in it - it's all egg power.
Julia Child

also doing spam posts like that one above is certainly not going to help you at all

Issuing yet another warn here, now back on topic.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - psychospacecow - 06-30-2015

Hey 2BT, what's your favorite mech anime? I think mine would be Gurren Lagann.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Kosheh - 06-30-2015

(06-30-2015, 06:42 PM)psychospacecow Wrote: Hey 2BT, what's your favorite mech anime? I think mine would be Gurren Lagann.

hey, I don't mean to rip the rug out from under you, but speakin' of mechs and anime

What the heck is Big O? Is it any good, you guys? It kinda looks to me like it has a animated Batman vibe :V

I am not the one stopping you from being yourself, you are the one stopping me.

The quote means 'experience can enrich your life, but only if you have an open mind.'

(06-30-2015, 06:42 PM)psychospacecow Wrote: Hey 2BT, what's your favorite mech anime? I think mine would be Gurren Lagann.

Full Metal Panic, if that doesnt count then code geass, Clamp is one of the best and consistant artists that have existed.

Gurren lagann was extremly funny, but all my favorite shows put hidden meanings in their work that allows me to take something away from watching 'x' show.

(06-30-2015, 06:36 PM)Gors Wrote:
Quote:I dont think it is an unreasonable request to just ignore it, this is annoying having to respond while not knowing the difference
between your text and mine.
Also you would have lost money, I would rather avoid chatting with people who think reading a slightly different color is
a nuisance.
This also means unless I have to I am unlikely to post unless it is important post/count.
This maybe beyond you but... did you know it is really easy to highlight text that has color and it will be changed into
your properties favorite color?
Only saying this because trying to adapt everyone else to you shows your incompetence.

It is not incompetence when it is on the forum's damn rules. You joined our forums, read our disclaimer and abided to it. If anything, you are the incompetent one, for 1: making a big deal about having your text colored without the need to; 2: not reading our rules which are the very first thing you find in our forum; and 3: trying to turn the fault on us when the rule offender is clearly *hint hint* you. I mean, if we are all complaining about your random unecessary text color, then the rule is valid and is reasnable. Have you stopped to think about that?

(06-30-2015, 06:33 PM)2BT Wrote: When I got to France I realized I didn't know very much about food at all. I'd never had a real cake. I'd had those cakes from cake mixes or the ones that have a lot of baking powder in them. A really good French cake doesn't have anything like that in it - it's all egg power.
Julia Child

also doing spam posts like that one above is certainly not going to help you at all

Issuing yet another warn here, now back on topic.

I am sorry, I have no idea. I will try to absorb your post and think about it understand what it says.

(06-30-2015, 07:03 PM)Kosheh Wrote:

hey, I don't mean to rip the rug out from under you, but speakin' of mechs and anime

What the heck is Big O? Is it any good, you guys? It kinda looks to me like it has a animated Batman vibe :V
Big O is a giant mech armour that was produced during a war, the anime is about what happened after the war that resulted in amnisia. You follow the negotiator who deals in claims that has 'big O' a powerful war armor.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - psychospacecow - 06-30-2015

(06-30-2015, 07:03 PM)Kosheh Wrote:

That sums it up pretty well actually. Its a really over the top noire-style series with all the over the top lack of nuance and mega villains you'd attribute to batman.

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Iceman404 - 06-30-2015

What the fuck

Fuck you guys

Why is there no JoJo going on here. I have to fix that IMMIDIETELY

(06-30-2015, 07:17 PM)Iceman404 Wrote: What the fuck

Fuck you guys

Why is there no JoJo going on here. I have to fix that IMMIDIETELY

JoJo has the most power breaking bosses I have ever seen. He gets cut in half and still beats jojo. lol

(quick edit by Gors, your post comes after the /quote tag. Fixed your post for ya)

RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - Iceman404 - 06-30-2015

HE... doesn't...?