The VG Resource
The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Main Content (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-103.html)
+--- Forum: News (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-105.html)
+--- Thread: The VG Resource Icon Renovation (/thread-25322.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Quirby64 - 07-10-2014

I think I may have found a problem...?

Alright, so when I first went to submit that sheet I did for TGR, it went fine. But after submitting new Icons for the whole of Test Drive 6, nothing. Is this because I showed the TGR icon here, but not the TD6 ones? Surprise

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Petie - 07-10-2014

Have you tried refreshing (and/or CTRL + F5ing)? This system overwrites the original image in place so, chances are, you're seeing a cached version of the original image still.

(07-10-2014, 03:00 PM)Petie Wrote: Have you tried refreshing (and/or CTRL + F5ing)? This system overwrites the original image in place so, chances are, you're seeing a cached version of the original image still.

I actually did that quite a few times before writing the other post, and also emptied some browsing data (again),but still nothing. :/

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Dazz - 07-10-2014

Saving as .PNG? Making them the right size?

(07-10-2014, 03:46 PM)Dazz Wrote: Saving as .PNG? Making them the right size?

check, and....dang. Just 2 pixels off on each one. Gonna Puke

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - DecaTilde - 07-10-2014

Dazz Wrote:The issue with your icon is that you've not made the image the correct size, and instead just the size of the sprite itself. You need to make it the correct size, and centre the sprite in the middle of your image.

It's a super easy fix Smile
Well, I tried to resize it by 200%, but no matter what I do in either PSTouch or an online image editor, the sprite ends up blurry. It's hard for me without a laptop right now.

Not to worry. I've just ordered a laptop online last night and it should be at my house next week. Thanks for the info, Dazz. Wink

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Deathbringer - 07-10-2014

If PSTouch is anything like regular Photoshop, it should have a preferences option that will let you change the interpolation. In the version I use (Photoshop 7), it's under Edit -> Preferences -> General..., and you would need to change it to Nearest Neighbor.

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - spongeabc5 - 07-10-2014

Felt like giving back to this community, so I gave it a shot. Tongue
Location Art
Location Art

Text Boxes
Text Boxes

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Shade - 07-11-2014

Oh, do I need to post an icon here or something to enter the super special contest, or am I already entered?

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - senjen - 07-11-2014

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Key0808 - 07-11-2014

senjen, did you rescale that image? The render looks a bit odd.

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - senjen - 07-11-2014

Yeah I did but i fixed it now Smile

thanks for mentioning it.

also what is the small icon size?

Nm figured it out for the small icon as well.

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - White-Jet - 07-11-2014

(07-11-2014, 11:21 AM)ShadeDBZ Wrote: Oh, do I need to post an icon here or something to enter the super special contest, or am I already entered?

If you don't see a "Choose File" button under any of the small icons you find then yes, you should post a demo large icon of any sprite sheet you choose either here, or through PM to any of the mods and admins for them to review.

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Shade - 07-11-2014

(07-11-2014, 03:03 PM)White-Jet Wrote:
(07-11-2014, 11:21 AM)ShadeDBZ Wrote: Oh, do I need to post an icon here or something to enter the super special contest, or am I already entered?

If you don't see a "Choose File" button under any of the small icons you find then yes, you should post a demo large icon of any sprite sheet you choose either here, or through PM to any of the mods and admins for them to review.
Okey dokey, all I was curious about. Thanks.

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Dazz - 07-12-2014

You're already in the contest if you're adding new icons - you're currently in 10th place! Tongue