The VG Resource
The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Main Content (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-103.html)
+--- Forum: News (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-105.html)
+--- Thread: The VG Resource Icon Renovation (/thread-25322.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Skyla Doragono - 11-08-2015

Question? Should the GBA version of Phoenix Wright just be removed entirely? There isn't much there at all except for a couple window panels, and the NDS version has much more content than this.

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Dazz - 11-08-2015

I've been considering that too. Anyone object?

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Petie - 11-08-2015

OBJECTION! I 100% understand where you're both coming from but all this says to me is that someone should rip more from the GBA version, not that we should remove it. I'm willing to relent on that point, however, if the games share the same set of assets entirely.

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Skyla Doragono - 11-08-2015

TAKE THAT! The only thing that was added to the NDS version, other than the change in layout due to having two screens, was the fifth chapter. In other words, assets would be the same, except for maybe a marginal increase in quality.

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Ton - 11-09-2015

PHOENIX WRIGHT REFERENCE! I would leave it up. We have ports from all kinds of games, even in the case where they have exactly the same assets. (Genesis and SNES games, for instance. Check Lion King and Toy Story.) We should keep the section up BECAUSE it's a game that exists, and it's a game we have assets for.

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Petie - 11-09-2015

THANK YOU FOR NOT BEING THE ONLY ONE THAT DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO CONTINUE THAT TREND! I thought we had games with identical assets on the site so I return to my previous solution of someone ripping the missing assets from the GBA version. Smile

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Random Talking Bush - 11-09-2015

Have a look!

Comparing the GBA and DS sprites of Phoenix Wright himself from the first game, there's some touch-ups here and there (namely around his badge, collar and hair), so they're not the exact same.
[Image: GSPW-PWSpriteComparison.png]

(EDIT: Added a quick comparison.)

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Ton - 11-09-2015

[Image: 96eb4069daa829ab07b65d6f20178ab4.gif?v=38400]

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Skyla Doragono - 11-09-2015

God I love all of you nerds. Heart

If they're different enough, I could always try and take a crack at it. Problem is finding an English translation or a Japanese guide so I can get through it.

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Dazz - 11-09-2015

I primarily do feel that the assets we have ripped are... well. They're kinda pointless. They're missing things that would be of actual use, and are really just lots of different boxes. If it had more than that I'd say that it'd be ludicrous to delete it because it also being the DS. But as it stands... Nobody is going to use the things in that section.

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Petie - 11-09-2015

You're right - they are relatively useless but they were accepted none the less. There are plenty of useless sheets available across the site, often mixed in with more useful content, but it's there none the less. Deleting the game instead of adding useful content seems like a step backwards, especially when there is at least one offer to give doing so a shot.

That said, I guess I'm really just arguing about the principle at this point. It doesn't really matter in the end.

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Skyla Doragono - 11-09-2015

tbh, I brought it up initially for the reason Dazz gave. And honestly, I think most people would go for the DS sprites first anyway, and don't even realize there is a section for the GBA version on this site.

And let's face it, I wouldn't make the attempt to rip until after November anyway.

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Dazz - 11-14-2015

Getting pretty close to 98% on tSR now. Under 1,500 icons to go everyone, let's do this!

I've been away for the week so not much progress on this end. Hopefully we can get this all rolling out soon!!

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Dazz - 11-17-2015

Just over 1,000 sheets left. Slightly more than 1.5% to go!

I could really do with as much support in these last 1,000 as I can get - I'm just not capable of doing these ones all on my own in a decent timeframe, as they do require a bit of extra care compared to most. They're generally icons that will need multiple sprites being places in a decent arrangement.

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Skyla Doragono - 11-17-2015

This weekend I can try, but I might not be able to help much until Thanksgiving.