The VG Resource
The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Main Content (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-103.html)
+--- Forum: News (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-105.html)
+--- Thread: The VG Resource Icon Renovation (/thread-25322.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Skyla Doragono - 10-21-2015

I'm going to see if I can blitz through some more SNES sheets tonight. I did a bunch that first day I started, but stopped at Goemon on account of being too weird for my brain to process. BlankSweatdrop;

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Dazz - 10-21-2015

Oh I just wanted to mention as well, Ton has been awesome at helping where he can even though he doesn't have the ability to work on transparency. He's submit through revisions a fair bit and I've been adding transparency for him.

I just figure that since his name isn't going up the list I should give him a bit of recognition on here.

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Ploaj - 10-21-2015

My icon maker thing might be able to speed things up a bit.
http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-27036-post-595895.html#pid595895
It may take some getting used to, though. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Ton - 10-22-2015

(10-21-2015, 01:56 PM)Dazz Wrote: Oh I just wanted to mention as well, Ton has been awesome at helping where he can even though he doesn't have the ability to work on transparency. He's submit through revisions a fair bit and I've been adding transparency for him.

I just figure that since his name isn't going up the list I should give him a bit of recognition on here.

D'aww, thanks.

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Skyla Doragono - 10-22-2015

Not sure where to post this at, but all the monsters for Dragon Warrior 4 are all on black backgrounds. Is that something to save for later, or offer up for someone to replace with a different rip, or...?

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Dazz - 10-22-2015

It's an NES game - all of the sprites are on black backgrounds because that is how they appear in game. Their outlines are given by the sprite having transparent bits, so it shows as an outline. I suggest you just give the icon a black background.

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Dazz - 10-27-2015

95%!

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Magma MK-II - 11-01-2015

You guys could make a list of what's left, since it's almost finished.

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Skyla Doragono - 11-01-2015

I think you're looking for this.

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Dazz - 11-06-2015

Alright folks, less than 200 games left now. Progress has really slowed down lately, let's try and get this project finished up on here so we can start working on tagging stuff and finishing off models. I know many of you aren't able to help out with models so really, this is the last stretch for the whole project for some of you!

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Skyla Doragono - 11-06-2015

I blame NaNo for my slow.

I started on SMTDS2, but I screwed up on the transparency on the first ones I did. I'll go back and fix them once I get the others done... probably this weekend.

Models I could help out on if someone can recommend a program that'll work on a 4- to 5-year old laptop with an Intel graphics chip and won't send my i5 processor into spastic fits.

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Dazz - 11-06-2015

To be honest if you're not experienced at all with model rendering, it does take some learning for quirks that models have. You're welcome to try and learn though! However most rendering application do require half decent processors and gpus or it takes a VERY long time and is quite slow. In terms of applications, most people use 3DS Max or Cinema4D, but I know some also use Blender which is free.

I see what you mean with Devil Survivor - I forget what percentage transparency I used on the other icons, I think it might have been 50% but I can't guarantee. As long as it looks about right it's not a big deal if it's slightly more or less opaque.

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Skyla Doragono - 11-06-2015

My own fault for not checking with a solid background. I'll get some writing done and go back at it tonight.

I'll give Blender a shot since I have some friends that use it and say it's easy to get a hold of. Who knows maybe I'll be able to contribute to the Persona section afterward.

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Dazz - 11-07-2015

We're at 97% on Spriters Resource now! That's only 3% to go, just over 2,000 icons to be made!!

I can't lie, I am going to be quite happy when this project is finally over and done with. You don't make 24,000+ icons without losing a little enthusiasm.

RE: The VG Resource Icon Renovation - Petie - 11-07-2015

(11-07-2015, 06:32 PM)Dazz Wrote: I can't lie, I am going to be quite happy when this project is finally over and done with. You don't make 24,000+ icons without losing a little enthusiasm.

I second this but for different reasons - I can't wait to finally be able to strip the icon renovation code from the site. It's messy and interferes with normal site features so this is exciting for me too, even without making 24,000 icons!