The VG Resource
What are you playing? c'mon, tell me punk! - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-135.html)
+--- Thread: What are you playing? c'mon, tell me punk! (/thread-25313.html)

RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - Kosheh - 02-21-2015

(02-20-2015, 06:19 PM)Kriven Wrote: The only bad portions are some of those fucking minigames, man.

Welcome to Bonus Stage Smile

The last time I started on it, I made sure I completely forgot everything I needed to about the game, and ended up getting stuck in the tutorial stage. Blank
Then I thought about the first stage, and how I'm gonna have to collect 100 bananas. And then I'm gonna have to do it 4 more times for every character. Across like 12 stages.

While that's a lot of content to grab and stuff to unlock (and is cool when you have time to play), I kinda ended up shrugging it off and figuring I'd play something that doesn't have me picking up a literal cornucopia of items. :/

As for me? I'm boring. I'm still playing Hyrule Warriors and am obsessed with unlocking all the items on the Adventure maps.
I know that directly contradicts what I said in the upper half of my post...but it's different. There's a side quest where you have to pick up Gold Skultullas during stages to unlock more potion mixtures (which make other stages easier to clear, I guess) but there's just something else that's really cool about clearing stages and trying to make an "A" rank on every one.

Like, when things are a little more flexible like "don't die, kill all the things and do it quickly" I've got a little more motivation to do that instead of thinking about collecting every single coin in a stage.

I beat Super Mario 3D World recently and played up to the point where I unlocked Rosalina. It felt nice to actually "beat" a game - and I'll probably go back to it eventually. But it was nice, though the "final boss battle" didn't really feel like a battle - it felt more like "don't die at the hands of a big bad guy 30 times your size until there's a gaping opening to attack him because he basically lies face up on the floor and says 'please kill me'"

...and I think as he was defeated I heard him say "please invite me back to car racing game, mario"

RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - Goemar - 02-21-2015

Monster Hunter. Like, so much Monster Hunter. Started it Monday and already spent 40 hours on it. Yeah... I might not be around here that much for a while...

RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - Mystie - 02-21-2015

I've never played a Monster Hunter game, but I've heard that they're excellent games. Which one should I start with, and which one is the best?

RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - Shade - 02-21-2015

(02-21-2015, 11:21 PM)Mystie Wrote: I've never played a Monster Hunter game, but I've heard that they're excellent games. Which one should I start with, and which one is the best?
I don't play them much myself, but my reliable source says Monster Hunter Tri is the best one and it's okay to start there.

RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - ~Axis~ - 02-22-2015

Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure for GBA. Damn. The GBA has a huge and awesome game selection. The sprites though. Too detailed.

edit: I like how Crash always has that idiotic smile.

RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - Mystie - 02-22-2015

(02-21-2015, 11:40 PM)Shade Wrote:
(02-21-2015, 11:21 PM)Mystie Wrote: I've never played a Monster Hunter game, but I've heard that they're excellent games. Which one should I start with, and which one is the best?
I don't play them much myself, but my reliable source says Monster Hunter Tri is the best one and it's okay to start there.

Thanks! Doing some research on the game, it's available on Wii, 3DS, and Wii U. I'm probably gonna go for the Wii or Wii U version.

Anyway, back on topic, I've been playing co-op on Little Big Planet 3 with the family. My mom is terrible at it, but she's gradually getting better with Sackboy. Both of my parents still suck at using OddSock, though. Tongue

RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - Jermungandr - 02-22-2015

I honestly would probably suggest jumping straight to the most recent game. The Monster Hunter games don't have any sort of continuity, and since a lot of monsters are recycled across each new iteration, you wouldn't be missing much skipping ahead.

Plus the latest game is supposed to be the most newbie-friendly, with significantly better training elements for newcomers to the series, so it honestly sounds like the easiest one to jump into with no prior knowledge anyways.

Also since everyone seems to be trading up to the latest edition, it's going to be easier to find people to play with you if you own 4, I assume.

RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - TomGuycott - 02-22-2015

I plan on getting 4 myself, but I still also have 3 for the Wii U.

In fact, if anyone else has 3 for the Wii U and wants to play sometime, I love to play MH online. I:

RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - psychospacecow - 02-23-2015

Citizens of Earth, Fire Emblem Awakening, Valkyria Chronicles, Rogue Legacy, Civ V, occasionally the mod organizer menu for Skyirm. Estimated time to beat all of these, the release of the next Chrono game.

RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - Goemar - 02-24-2015

Tri was awful. It basically just ruined everything Unite established. It's also offline on the Wii now so you'd need the Wii U one. Honestly though, 4 is the best I've played for sometime. I hated the changes in Tri and Portable 3 was very light in content and very very easy.

4 just has so much content, there's different villages you go to, the online is good. It's easily challenging Unite as the best (and I sunk 800 hours into that game).

Sadly you still get the idiots killing things you need to capture or joining your "kill the dragon of doom" quest with like the first armour in the game. Some people just really suck.

Complete the first main solo story before jumping online to save embarrassing yourself.

RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - Mystie - 02-24-2015

So I take it that 4 is already out, then?

RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - Zero Kirby - 02-24-2015

Been playing Pac-Man Championship Edition. Holy crap is this game addicting. I can't get enough of it!

RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - Goemar - 02-25-2015

4 came out same day as the new 3DS

RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - EasterlyArt - 02-27-2015

Rogue Legacy, Gundam Battle Assault, Super Time Force, Earthbound, Spelunky, Chrono Trigger, etc.. Though I don't normally get to play anything that ofter, so this is really what I've been playing here and there over the last two months.

RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - ~Axis~ - 02-27-2015

(02-22-2015, 11:36 AM)BlueBlur97 Wrote: Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure for GBA. Damn. The GBA has a huge and awesome game selection. The sprites though. Too detailed.

Ugh the repetetive crate smashing and similar flying boss battles are starting to make me sick of this game. Only 30% complete so there might be something worth playing for.