The VG Resource
What are you playing? c'mon, tell me punk! - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-135.html)
+--- Thread: What are you playing? c'mon, tell me punk! (/thread-25313.html)

RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - ~Axis~ - 12-20-2014

[Image: sorry-game-board.jpg]

Man am I board...

RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - Kriven - 12-23-2014

I just beat Metroid Fusion. It was okay... I don't know if it's something I'm going to play again. Ha, I didn't even mean to beat it when I did... it was like I got the Screw Attack and then the game was over. Pretty disappointing, since they discouraged exploring between the three final boss battles by closing off so many routes. I figured "Well, once I complete this mission it'll open all the hatches, just like it has before. Then I'll finally be able to cut my own path."

Not the case, however.

RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - ~Axis~ - 12-23-2014

I've never played another metroid game besides metroid fusion. But I was in love with the game for about 3-4 playthroughs. I agree though the ending battles kinda sucked...

RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - Mystie - 12-23-2014

If you haven't played any other Metroid game, then you really need to.

I recommend Zero Mission, Super, and Prime 1 and 3. (I haven't played Prime 2, but I hear it's the worst in the trilogy)

But whatever you do, avoid Other M at all costs.

RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - ~Axis~ - 12-23-2014

Just downloaded Super Metroid. Riley just got the space colony to self destruct damn it!

RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - Shade - 12-23-2014

(12-23-2014, 12:26 PM)Mystie Wrote: (I haven't played Prime 2, but I hear it's the worst in the trilogy)
EHHH

I'd have a lot of trouble deciding which one is the worst, but I really don't think it would be Echos.

RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - Goemar - 12-23-2014

Destiny, like so much Destiny. I'm terrible with these kind of games, just get addicted to them.

RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - Gwen - 12-23-2014

Bought Dragon Age Inquisition tonight, pretty excited to play it!

My bruv in law wants to play Smash Bros. We're going to play that.

RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - Neweegee - 12-24-2014

I bought Kirby Mass Attack a few days ago, it's better than I expected AND better than I hoped. How many times does that happen?

But it is a bit hard to flick the Kirbys in the right direction and not into spikes sometimes, especially when there's 10 of them.

RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - NICKtendo DS - 12-25-2014

Had 5 euros left on my Wii U eShop account, Duck Hunt came out and I thought "why the fuck not". I have the Wii Zapper, but never played Link's Crossbow Training, so it'll be the first time I actually use the thing.
It plays so much better than on the NES, but at the same time I feel like a cheater... until I reach Round 10-ish. I have only tried 1 Duck by the way. I hope the pace is a little better in 2 Ducks mode and Clay Pidgeon mode, but so far I'm confident the money's well spent.

RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - Virt - 12-25-2014

I got LEGO Batman 3 for Christmas so I've been playing that.
It's about your standard LEGO Batman game.

..except this one has Plastic Man.

RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - Mystie - 12-26-2014

Playing a lot of SSB4 on Wii U. Great stuff.

Also been trying out some PS4 games:
  • Started MGS5:GZ last night, and, while it took me a while to get adapted to the new control scheme and the smarter, advanced guard AI, I'm really enjoying it. Just rescued Chico, working on finding Paz now.
  • Played Sound Shapes today and completed the first album. It's very imaginative and unique; you move a ball through dangerous terrains to make music and avoid hazards. You can even make your own levels/music and share them on PSN, just like LBP.
  • Also played a bit of Escape Plan. It's a puzzle game where you guide two prisoners out of danger, and help them escape a prison. It's fun, but very frustrating at times. (like the level I'm stuck at, where you have to inflate Lil and guide him through giant meat cleavers)

RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - senjen - 12-26-2014

Currently playing Captain Toad Treasure Tracker since i beat Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze Yesterday,

then i'll be playing pokemon alpha sapphire,

also bought don't starve on steam haven't tried it yet.

RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - ~Axis~ - 12-27-2014

Megaman X. It's my favorite action platformer to date.

RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - Goemar - 12-27-2014

Megaman X, Super Metroid, Yoshi's Island and Demon's Crest are pretty much the pinnacle of platform gaming.