The VG Resource
♪ ♫ Music Thread ♫ ♪ - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-134.html)
+--- Thread: ♪ ♫ Music Thread ♫ ♪ (/thread-25309.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: ♪ ♫ Music Thread ♫ ♪ - eureka - 02-24-2017

RE: ♪ ♫ Music Thread ♫ ♪ - miyabi95_ - 02-26-2017

dug around one night and found this. formerly known as PUFFY, just a slightly different genre of music (they probably aren't around anymore as PUFFY is still going strong)

RE: ♪ ♫ Music Thread ♫ ♪ - sammyrms1 - 03-06-2017

RE: ♪ ♫ Music Thread ♫ ♪ - puggsoy - 03-09-2017

Found this being used in an outro of a Hearthstone streamer, pretty sweet.

RE: ♪ ♫ Music Thread ♫ ♪ - miyabi95_ - 03-10-2017

eargasm much? Big Grin

RE: ♪ ♫ Music Thread ♫ ♪ - sammyrms1 - 03-13-2017

RE: Frowntown Sadville - The Unhappy Thread - Goemar - 04-19-2017

Welcome to getting old.
Here's how music works:

1st Album - great
2nd Album - bit of polish, nice
3rd Album - what is this and who are these people?
7th Album - hey this sounds like there old stuff but I don't care anymore

Numbers may not be correct but it's how t goes.

Metallica started great, hit St Anger - went to crap. Apparently they are good again but I no longer care.

Green Day changed with American Idiot, which wasn't a bad album, but was so different or was the last for many fans.

Scissor Sisters (yes I listen to a wide range of music) just dropped the ball with 'Only the Horses' and now no one cares.

Why does this happen? Because people don't want to do the same thing over and over. It works for some (AC/DC, Motörhead etc) but I'm guessing as musicians people want to flex there creative muscles. Yes, this gets new fans, but it also alienates the old ones.

If an artist/band changes to a point you don't enjoy them, thank them for the memories and move on, no hard feelings.

RE: Frowntown Sadville - The Unhappy Thread - Inthegrave - 04-19-2017

(04-19-2017, 07:18 PM)Goemar Wrote: Welcome to getting old.
Here's how music works:

1st Album - great
2nd Album - bit of polish, nice
3rd Album - what is this and who are these people?
7th Album - hey this sounds like there old stuff but I don't care anymore

Numbers may not be correct but it's how t goes.

Metallica started great, hit St Anger - went to crap. Apparently they are good again but I no longer care.

Green Day changed with American Idiot, which wasn't a bad album, but was so different or was the last for many fans.

Scissor Sisters (yes I listen to a wide range of music) just dropped the ball with 'Only the Horses' and now no one cares.

Why does this happen? Because people don't want to do the same thing over and over. It works for some (AC/DC, Motörhead etc) but I'm guessing as musicians people want to flex there creative muscles. Yes, this gets new fans, but it also alienates the old ones.

If an artist/band changes to a point you don't enjoy them, thank them for the memories and move on, no hard feelings.

But funnily enough it seems to be the opposite for the beatles, a lot of people I know that we're alive at the time and properly 
remember the beatles seem to prefer their new stuff. I can't really disagree because the newer beatles stuff is top notch.

I haven't really noticed any fatigue from listening to artists newer stuff, but then again maybe I'm too young to understand. Tongue
I'm in my early 20's while you Goemar are approaching your 30's, so maybe it's because I'm young and everything seems so fresh and exciting.

RE: ♪ ♫ Music Thread ♫ ♪ - Rapidkirby3k - 04-22-2017

RE: ♪ ♫ Music Thread ♫ ♪ - GoreyOmega - 04-23-2017

Lately been listening to as much S.O.A.D as I can, this is pretty much my favorite album of theirs.

RE: ♪ ♫ Music Thread ♫ ♪ - sammyrms1 - 04-24-2017

RE: Frowntown Sadville - The Unhappy Thread - Kriven - 04-24-2017

I dunno about that... you've got A Hard Day's Night and Help! earlier on, which are both probably about as well-regarded as Abbey Road and Let It Be, generally. There's just all this stuff in the middle where they really weren't getting along all that well, and I think that kind of colors the way people look at their last two albums. Coming off that string of "Not As Good" made their fans a little eager for the Beatles they used to know.

Quote:thank them for the memories

D-do I?

Y-yeah

I do

RE: Frowntown Sadville - The Unhappy Thread - Inthegrave - 04-25-2017

(04-24-2017, 11:03 PM)Kriven Wrote: I dunno about that... you've got A Hard Day's Night and Help! earlier on, which are both probably about as well-regarded as Abbey Road and Let It Be, generally. There's just all this stuff in the middle where they really weren't getting along all that well, and I think that kind of colors the way people look at their last two albums. Coming off that string of "Not As Good" made their fans a little eager for the Beatles they used to know.

I'm just talking from personal experience and people I know. A lot of the people I know that were born in the 40's and 50's like the stuff 
they did after 65 more than the stuff before.

But honestly all their albums had great songs.

RE: Frowntown Sadville - The Unhappy Thread - Goemar - 04-25-2017

The studio year albums are generally seen as better universally. Sure great stuff exists in there earlier work but the later stuff was when they really fine tuned there sound.

Not really sure if this really has any connection to my point mind.

RE: Frowntown Sadville - The Unhappy Thread - Inthegrave - 04-25-2017

(04-25-2017, 04:45 PM)Goemar Wrote: The studio year albums are generally seen as better universally. Sure great stuff exists in there earlier work but the later stuff was when they really fine tuned there sound.

Not really sure if this really has any connection to my point mind.

Yeah, honestly thinking back on it now I don't think what I said had much connection.