The VG Resource
♪ ♫ Music Thread ♫ ♪ - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-134.html)
+--- Thread: ♪ ♫ Music Thread ♫ ♪ (/thread-25309.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: ♪ ♫ Music Thread ♫ ♪ - Gwen - 06-06-2015

Yeah, Endless Fantasies was my jam a few years back. I share your sentiments on the new album, it's cool to see their working to expand their sound.

RE: ♪ ♫ Music Thread ♫ ♪ - Kosheh - 06-08-2015

Fuck I can't believe this is real. I feel like Lexou or Chris2balls will be the only other people to understand the mindblowingness of all this.

This song's actually a cover of a gangsta rap song by a duo called NTM.
This actually brings back memories (worth the read, too) - back when I was a little brat, I asked my mom's BFF's husband (who is French) to bring back an NTM album for me on his trip. When he met back up with us, he gave us the CD but he was so pissed off, because he was so incredibly embarassed to give me this album due to the fact that he was also traveling with his 6-year-old son at the time. "Do you have any FUCKING idea what I had to go through to get you this CD?"

"No?"

"When I visited the music shop, NO ONE would help me, because apparently, this is probably THE WORST shit you can listen to. When I brought this to the counter, the clerk looked at me and my child with the worst possible expression. It was embarassing. Do you know what they talk about in their music? They talk about murder, rape. Actually killing people! Did you know that one of the men in this band got in a fight on a talk show and is currently spending five years in prison? Do you know what their name means? It's 'Nique ta meme', that means - go in the other room, Jason" He leans in to whisper, because it's a real no-no word!! "It means 'fuck your mother'!!"

"Yes, uncle. I knew all this. I really, REALLY appreciate it, and I'm really sorry - it's just this album is literally impossible to find in the States, because we're probably now the only two people in the US who've heard of NTM."

"Don't ask me to find you any Francphone ever again."

He was absolutely livid. And now here's a French folk duo, covering probably one of their most tame songs, right down to the self-shoutout Lord Kossity at the beginning and talking about his status of being the prime ragga artist from Paris.

My life has truly come full circle.

RE: ♪ ♫ Music Thread ♫ ♪ - sammyrms1 - 06-11-2015

You may know this song on Regular Show:

And this one too:

RE: ♪ ♫ Music Thread ♫ ♪ - Cytric Acid - 06-11-2015

i glanced through this thread and saw some rush. i am very happy. im going to see them tomorrow i am PUMPED. 
but of course i could not resist infodumping about one of my favorite more obscure bands. 
BUDGIE.

they're basically like a welsh rush that went on to inspired NWOBHM and metal bands in general. they're pretty cool and i love them!

if you're a big metallica fan you might have heard this. it's by far their most popular song, and metallica covered it. they also cite Budgie as one of their biggest influences.

they never got as popular as they should have been, tbh. they were known for playing heavy rock like this all the way back in 1971, but apparently their heavy, sludgy, proto-doom/thrash/sludge metal songs like Homicidal Suicidal and Guts were too much for the reviewers, because they hated them. It might have also been the song titles as well, but I can tell you this: those were also on the same album as a song called Nude Disintegrating Parachutist Woman, and another called The Rape of the Locks (which is about haircuts).

I mean, that's just their first album too. Other choice song names include Drugstore Woman, Hot as A Docker's Armpit, You're The Biggest Thing Since Powdered Milk (a favorite of mine), and I Can't See My Feelings. Amazing.

so if you like silly song names, hard rock/early heavy metal, and some really catchy and heavy songs, check them out. Also, they're called Budgie! And all of their album covers (save for one) has a bird on it! 

(as i've been asked before, yes, the lead singer is a dude.)

RE: ♪ ♫ Music Thread ♫ ♪ - Rapidkirby3k - 06-13-2015

RE: ♪ ♫ Music Thread ♫ ♪ - sammyrms1 - 06-14-2015

RE: ♪ ♫ Music Thread ♫ ♪ - Darky's Manifestation - 06-19-2015

[Image: Pond-Man-It-Feels-Like-Space-Again.jpg]

Pond - Medicine Hat

their entire new album ''Man It Feels Like Space Again'' is so good, it reminds me a lot of how a follow up to MGMT's Oracular Spectacular should have sounded which we never ''quite'' got.

I also love the fact Pond and and Tame impala are bringing out a brand new album in the same year, just like in 2012.

I love Neo-Psychedelica

RE: ♪ ♫ Music Thread ♫ ♪ - E-Man - 07-03-2015

RE: ♪ ♫ Music Thread ♫ ♪ - ivan.vinski - 07-06-2015

I just found out about collaboration of two great artists I'm listening to.

RE: ♪ ♫ Music Thread ♫ ♪ - Kosheh - 07-06-2015

(07-06-2015, 07:48 AM)ivan.vinski Wrote: I just found out about collaboration of two great artists I'm listening to.

oh man, i was especially hyped for this album and remember looking into it back in like, March, seeing that it came out in two months. I was like "May? Are you kidding me that's an eternity from now"

Good thing it's July and I'm listening to the whole Special Effects album now Cool

RE: ♪ ♫ Music Thread ♫ ♪ - ivan.vinski - 07-06-2015

(07-06-2015, 08:18 AM)Kosheh Wrote:
(07-06-2015, 07:48 AM)ivan.vinski Wrote: I just found out about collaboration of two great artists I'm listening to.

oh man, i was especially hyped for this album and remember looking into it back in like, March, seeing that it came out in two months. I was like "May? Are you kidding me that's an eternity from now"

Good thing it's July and I'm listening to the whole Special Effects album now Cool

I was into Tech N9ne before, but just started seriously listening to him a few days ago. The discovery of this song is a nice birthday present for me. I'm going to listen to the whole album now, but I know how you feel, I felt that way about Eminem's latest album.  Smile

RE: ♪ ♫ Music Thread ♫ ♪ - Darky's Manifestation - 07-08-2015

[Image: 04192b63.jpg]

Tame Impala - New Person, Same Old Mistakes

only 9 days left until the album finally releases officially, but since this the internet; of course the album has leaked for a couple of days already. and i've been listening to it non stop ever since.

this song, being the last song of the album and thus being the closer; felt like magic the first time i heard it. normally i appreciate songs for how it's build up, how it flows and what kind of feeling it gives me. and with this song i felt right at the first time i heard it. i hate using cliche bullshit arguments like ''this song speaks to me'' or ''it's about me'', but even i have to admit to it this time.

without going into too much emotional unnecessary detail; i'm in a strange place right now, where i am neither happy or unhappy, or just shifting between the two constantly. i feel like this whole album is about the feeling you are becoming something else, and being afraid of letting things go but also let new things in. in that way i feel like i'm becoming something else, but also still staying the same because of my surroundings.

let it happen already impressed me a lot, so it only made me excited for the fact we we're getting a ''brand new Tame Impala'' with him mostly dropping the fuzzed-out guitars, and i'm satisfied with the results. current favorite album of 2015

RE: ♪ ♫ Music Thread ♫ ♪ - redblueyellow - 07-11-2015

Stumbled across them a few months ago, their second album is absolutely amazing.

I've also been listening to twenty one pilot's new album, which I definitely recommend.

RE: ♪ ♫ Music Thread ♫ ♪ - zerodecoole - 08-01-2015

I'm currently listening to the tracks that I liked on SoundCloud.

RE: ♪ ♫ Music Thread ♫ ♪ - puggsoy - 08-06-2015

One of the artists for the music in Hotline Miami, I really liked Daisuke and Turf so I decided to listen to some of his other music. Pretty sweet stuff.