The VG Resource
[DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Creativity (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-126.html)
+--- Forum: Other Creativity (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-130.html)
+--- Thread: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 (/thread-25299.html)

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - psychospacecow - 04-09-2016

Challenge for group I'm in this week was to draw an instrument as if it came from a fictional world. I drew a guitar and a piccolo.

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - StevenB - 04-10-2016

[Image: l1JxNcC.png]

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - StevenB - 04-11-2016

[Image: FPRm9IK.png]

Maybe I'll make my own topic in this section later so I don't have to fog up this topic with my stuff

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - Hiynastrike - 04-11-2016

[Image: 5DtK5JX.jpg]
A reproduction of an art piece I saw in a dream.

P.S.: that's not Batman, but a robot with a welder repairing the building

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - psychospacecow - 04-11-2016

Loving these art deco things that keep cropping up. I might just have to indulge in this.

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - The KKM - 04-13-2016

[Image: tumblr_o5kgb7d8q11qjhcfso1_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_o5kgb7d8q11qjhcfso4_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_o5kgb7d8q11qjhcfso2_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_o5kgb7d8q11qjhcfso5_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_o5kgb7d8q11qjhcfso3_400.png]

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - StevenB - 04-14-2016

[Image: P94ekrO.png]

im sorry

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - Virt - 04-16-2016

[Image: yfctlRH.png]
I drew Phoenix and put it into Indexed color mode into Photoshop. It was made as a style test. My coloring seems to be working fine, but the face doesn't look exactly how I want it to.
Note: I didn't actually do any pixel art here besides some cleanup. I just put the image through a color palette.
[Image: l6vyFIo.png]
This one was just me venting frustration. All my sketches are turning out well but for whatever reason the default standing pose for court always eludes me.

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - psychospacecow - 04-18-2016

Was going to draw some people in here but the site was down so I opted to draw some bots with this deco style.
[Image: 59bEiiK.jpg]

Am I on point?

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - StevenB - 04-18-2016

(04-16-2016, 09:33 AM)Virt Wrote: [Image: yfctlRH.png]
I drew Phoenix and put it into Indexed color mode into Photoshop. It was made as a style test. My coloring seems to be working fine, but the face doesn't look exactly how I want it to.
Note: I didn't actually do any pixel art here besides some cleanup. I just put the image through a color palette.

I'm actually really curious about this process. Do you think you could explain it a bit more? I'd love to give it a try, myself.

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - Virt - 04-18-2016

(04-18-2016, 02:18 PM)StevenB Wrote:
(04-16-2016, 09:33 AM)Virt Wrote: [Image: yfctlRH.png]

I'm actually really curious about this process. Do you think you could explain it a bit more? I'd love to give it a try, myself.

I drew his head in a large resolution and then scaled it down to 256x192. I picked colors I wanted from the drawing that I wanted to be included in the palette (32 colors including transparency) and put them in an image. I opened that in Photoshop, set the image mode to Indexed mode, set the mode to "exact colors," save the palette. I then open the drawing of the face and set the palette of that to the one I just saved.

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - Garamonde - 04-18-2016

It's been forever years a really long time since I've posted anything here. Mainly because all my stuff's either unfinished things or... things that are barely started and hardly warrant posting. That and I've been in a creative slump in general and find it hard to even want to draw cause I struggle a lot with most things.

Sooo yea cy'all next millennia!!!

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - psychospacecow - 04-19-2016

[Image: HN1r8Hi.jpg]
[Image: hD3YWfl.jpg]

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - Virt - 04-19-2016

Incoming sketch dump

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - Hiynastrike - 04-21-2016

(04-18-2016, 03:32 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: It's been forever years a really long time since I've posted anything here. Mainly because all my stuff's either unfinished things or... things that are barely started and hardly warrant posting. That and I've been in a creative slump in general and find it hard to even want to draw cause I struggle a lot with most things.

Sooo yea cy'all next millennia!!!
DANG JETTERS! I never realized you were actually Boss Bob Ross in disguise