The VG Resource
[DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Creativity (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-126.html)
+--- Forum: Other Creativity (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-130.html)
+--- Thread: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 (/thread-25299.html)

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - Gors - 07-21-2015

[Image: 8dfab5be4d74d22e955e850c6c2a084c.png]

the bone djinn

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - psychospacecow - 07-22-2015

[Image: nYb4Uzy.jpg]

I've been waiting on a response for a thread I put up in tech support for Heroes of the Storm and I saw they had a section for hero and skin ideas.

Explanation in here :
Its been a slow day.

Thread is here if you want to chime in.
http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/forum/topic/18300175188

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - Dolphman - 07-23-2015

So I've learned that Cindy Robinson is one of the current voices for Betty Boop, and this came to my mind.  Tongue
[Image: opwAicV.png]

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - Filler - 07-23-2015

Pretty old art, but here's a face drawing scratch-pad. Sorry if some of the drawings are sketchy, it was kinda a habit I had back then.

[Image: 11b438cdb311032e91937d1d8c75fa38-d8vbhqb.jpg]

Any criticisms?

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - Kosheh - 07-24-2015

So there was one surprise piece that I left out of the drawings that I uploaded before. It was a drawing of my friend's OC from when she was like, 11.

Of course it's like every kid's OC. She, her brother and I had Mario Bros. plumber OCs that helped Mario and Luigi on their journey and whatnot, but most of the time we were stuck with the dirty work that the brothers didn't want to do (like fight a big piranha plant that totally wasn't Petie)

She was always a better artist than I was. She still is. As a kid, her drawings totally wrecked the shit out of mine, so when I drew stuff, it always felt inadequate.
Well it's been almost 20 years so I decided to finally return the favor, by drawing her childhood OC. I really wanted to go all-out, so I inked it, colored it and then tried to shade it, but got stuck, so a pal on here gave me a hand (Sketchasaurus!) He was trying to show me an example of Kotabe's coloring style, and nailed it. I
yeah there was no way I was gonna figure it out that quickly, so I just asked him if I could share it with my pal as-is. I did, and now I'll share it with you guys, with the promise that I actually fucking learn to shade this time. Tongue

[Image: r3UtSNg.png]
Mama mia! Nailed it.

I've seriously never been so proud over artwork that I've made, ever...the only bummer is that now I feel like I did half the work lol. It seems like it's really worth it to get the hang of shading etc. ;P

EDIT: My friend's response:

Quote:Oh my goddddddddd! Haha I remember that! Old times!!!!

That's awesome
I was totally going for nostalgia ;P Mission accomplished

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - Filler - 07-25-2015

A character design doodle I made today. Tried to improve one of my characters. This drawing is very rough, and needs to be redone with hierarchy-based planning to make it look better.

This drawing also shows how much I changed over the past 3 months when I drew the last post before I uploaded it.

[Image: OTCi0oE.jpg]

Also, the scanner cut off the bottom of the image.

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - Filler - 07-25-2015

Made a constructed version of the doodle. Here, I drew and planned it out in a hierarchy. I also added a Line-of-Action to make the posing look more exaggerated

Usually, I do not shade in colour in constructions of drawings. But here, I felt it was needed since I had trouble seeing what-was-what without them.

[Image: c4DcTLg.jpg]

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - Garamonde - 07-25-2015

[Image: b309b79c73.png]

quick experimental thingamadooble for the funs

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - Virt - 07-27-2015

[Image: tumblr_ns6fp4vkYa1tiubxio1_1280.png]
My brother introduced me to Lupin III

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - Keychain - 07-28-2015

Kirafrog would be so proud of you

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - Gors - 07-28-2015

Jigen's my favorite character, design-wise

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - NICKtendo DS - 07-30-2015

I made stuff:
[Image: rZXnasR.png]

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - Virt - 07-31-2015

[Image: tumblr_nscqk2o1J11tiubxio1_1280.png]
Dreamcast Sonic

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - Gors - 07-31-2015

you draw really good

also up to this point i didn't notice that Sonic doesn't have a proper neck

[Image: tumblr_ns9l9jhb7P1s3t1x1o1_1280.jpg]

This is Aran, the deer pixie.

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - Garamonde - 08-01-2015

One more Garnet for the road:

[Image: lFqL4xZ.png]

This was initially intended to emulate the style of Mega Man: Powered Up!, but partway through the development process it kind of became a frankenstein between that style and a more typical chibi-esque style. I'm very happy with and proud of the result though. I put a lot of effort into it and seeing it finished gives me all kinds of joyous feelings.