The VG Resource
[DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Creativity (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-126.html)
+--- Forum: Other Creativity (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-130.html)
+--- Thread: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 (/thread-25299.html)

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - ~Axis~ - 03-01-2015

Those drawings are kickass but there's something that sticks out.

I dunno if it's just me but in the upper right and lower left sketches the eye changes shape and it gives the impression that they are different people instead of the same. I assume that you were trying to make different facial expressions but it looks like they are just different from eachother, especially on the top right one.

Ehh I dont know I just might be picky. Great job either way!

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - Lexou Duck - 03-01-2015

(03-01-2015, 12:04 AM)BlueBlur97 Wrote: Those drawings are kickass but there's something that sticks out.

I dunno if it's just me but in the upper right and lower left sketches the eye changes shape and it gives the impression that they are different people instead of the same. I assume that you were trying to make different facial expressions but it looks like they are just different from eachother, especially on the top right one.

Ehh I dont know I just might be picky. Great job either way!

oh i changed the faces, of course, each character is supposed to be its own
the point of her posing for me is so i can learn some more about female anatomy (cause references haven't been falling from the sky iykwim)

if you want a face that looks like hers, there's the girl lying on her back from the previous sketch dump

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - ~Axis~ - 03-01-2015

Oh okay. Never mind then.

[I moved the contents from the previous posts here and added another sketch]

Human version of Meta Knight (lazy DBZ armor):

[Image: 2015_03_01_12_00_35.jpg]

Slicing a rock:

[Image: 2015_03_01_12_01_17.jpg]

Woman waking up from bed

[Image: 2015_03_01_14_52_35.jpg]

Ive never drew a female body so giving me pointers would be great.

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - Kosheh - 03-04-2015

(03-01-2015, 07:01 AM)BlueBlur97 Wrote: Ive never drew a female body so giving me pointers would be great.

Seriously? Tongue

na actually not gonna lie it's not too bad. Like, the character's not even distateful or anything - her anatomical proportions don't seem too bad.
Only real criticism is that she's got giant man hands - most anime women have little hands with thinner fingers than men do, much like you'd find IRL. Not being sexist - there's a real stark difference between men and lady hands, with the latter's being generally smaller than the former.

If you're gonna go off Toriyama art, I'd suggest using teen Bulma in the original Dragonball, or Videl during Z when she's rockin pigtails as points of reference.
Videl with short hair during the World Tournament arc is pretty athletic and muscular, and not like the gymnast kind, either - and for some reason her hands look a bit beefed up. Maybe Android 18 for reference, too, but her forehead is really, really huge.

I'm not sure if you'd wanna use Toriyama's eyes he uses for all women you'd draw though (the large, childish ones) but I guess you could probably get away with the childish eyes for teenage characters and smaller eyes (like Android18) for mature, older women.

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - SmithyGCN - 03-05-2015

[Image: applejack_concept_1_by_smithygcn-d8im5zk.jpg]

A redesign of Applejack for my brother's Equestrylvania fan fiction.

EDIT: Whoops. There appear to be a few art flubs in this one. I'll try to correct them as soon as I can.

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - ~Axis~ - 03-05-2015

@Kosheh: Thanks for the advice. The thing is i really dont like the way the female eyes are drawn in the DBZ art style. SERIOUS lack of variety. Only two different eye shapes.

[Image: 2015_03_05_15_25_10.jpg]

Something bugs me about this drawing. I cant put my finger on it though...

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - Kosheh - 03-05-2015

(03-05-2015, 07:54 AM)BlueBlur97 Wrote: @Kosheh: Thanks for the advice. The thing is i really dont like the way the female eyes are drawn in the DBZ art style. SERIOUS lack of variety. Only two different eye shapes.

[Image: 2015_03_05_15_25_10.jpg]

Something bugs me about this drawing. I cant put my finger on it though...

It's the front foot (her left, our right) The way the foot's drawn is too thin, and so it appears that it's not securely planted on the ground, thus making the character appear as if they're standing on the balls of their feet. This in turn goes against her relaxed body language waist-up, thus causing a chain reaction of unnatural posing.

tl;dr fix that foot and make it look better grounded and Everything Will Be OK.

Also I'm pretty sure the Dragon Quest games have a bigger variety of female eyes, giving you a little bit more to work from. @__@;

EDIT: where is her neck!!!

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - ~Axis~ - 03-06-2015

[Image: 2015_03_06_11_31_13.jpg]

Added a neck. Genki ^_^

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - The KKM - 03-10-2015

[Image: 10927862_968591409820030_8198090524896268452_o.jpg]
Will look back on this tomorrow, meanwhile people got criticism?

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - Chris2Balls [:B] - 03-10-2015

The gun's perspective is a bit off. Are you going to keep the outline?

possibly, possibly not, as said I'll change things tomorrow, might even redo whole thing if needed

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - Chris2Balls [:B] - 03-10-2015

He looks like Timothy Dalton, so it'd be a shame to start over! The other arm looks longer, I think if you shorten it it'll fit better with the arm holding the gun.

[Image: timothy_dalton_by_thekkm-d8l89ud.jpg]

Declaring it done. Call out any criticism so I can take it into attention next time

EDIT: "can't you spend a week without doing sanics" no

[Image: zsaruy_eickorn_by_thekkm-d8l910c.png]

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - EasterlyArt - 03-11-2015

RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - Garamonde - 03-11-2015

Holy dear mother of lordy among heavens.

I am genuinely blown away right now.