The VG Resource
Suggestions - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Main Content (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-103.html)
+--- Forum: Site Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-106.html)
+--- Thread: Suggestions (/thread-25290.html)

RE: Suggestions - Petie - 08-14-2017

(08-09-2017, 11:45 AM)Magma Dragoon Wrote: Since there is an actual Neo Geo section, shouldn't it make sense to move the Neo Geo games currently on the Arcade section into it?

I agree but don't know enough about the Neo Geo to say what should be moved. If there's overlap between them and it was an arcade game first, wouldn't it make more sense to leave it in arcade? If you know which ones should definitely be moved and could put together a list, I can look into it.

(08-14-2017, 01:30 AM)LooneyTunerIan Wrote: Since users around here seem to have certain dislikes for users who make too much requests, such as myself, I would like to suggest a "No Requests for Certain Users" Feature/Thread.

Here's how it would work:

If someone has been requesting too much, his and/or her username would be added to the list.

Here is an example of what it would look like:

The following users in this list that you see are not allowed to make any sort of requests (sprite/model/texture/sound):

LooneyTunerIan (Example of a User)

You could add additional information like ways to have their names taken off the list and have their request prevlages back.

But in any case, if this suggestion doesn't get accepted, then I am ok with that.

I just wanted to share my 2 cents about this.

Wouldn't it be easier to just not request things? You are one of very few (if not the only one) who has this problem. Your access to the requests section means you are technically allowed to request but since all you've done since the moment you've signed up is request, nobody is likely to fulfill them. We don't need a thread or a feature to deal with this "problem" - we just need you, in particular, to stop asking everyone you encounter to do things for you and then throw tantrums like this when you don't get your way.

RE: Suggestions - Magma MK-II - 08-14-2017

(08-14-2017, 09:44 AM)Petie Wrote:
(08-09-2017, 11:45 AM)Magma Dragoon Wrote: Since there is an actual Neo Geo section, shouldn't it make sense to move the Neo Geo games currently on the Arcade section into it?

I agree but don't know enough about the Neo Geo to say what should be moved. If there's overlap between them and it was an arcade game first, wouldn't it make more sense to leave it in arcade? If you know which ones should definitely be moved and could put together a list, I can look into it.

Neo Geo games were released simultaneously on the Arcade and the home console.

Here's a list of Neo Geo titles currently on the Arcade section: Aero Fighters 2 and 3, Art of Fighting 1, 2 and 3, Blazing Star, Fatal Fury 1, 2, 3 and Special, Galaxy Fight, Kabuki Klash, Karnov's Revenge, King of Fighters 94, 2000 and 2002, King of Monsters 1 and 2, Magical Drop II, Magician Lord, Metal Slug 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, Neo Bomberman, Panic Bomber, Rage of the Dragons, Real Bout Fatal Fury 2, Robo Army, Samurai Shodown 1, 3 and 5, Sengoku 1 and 2, Shock Troopers 2nd Squad, SNK vs Capcom Chaos, Viewpoint, Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer, Waku Waku 7, World Heroes, Zed Blade, Zupapa.

Of these games only Zed Blade and Zupapa never received a console version. Bust-a-Move/Puzzle Bobble 1 and 2 have Neo Geo versions, but they were originally released on Taitio's own Arcade board.

RE: Suggestions - Friedslick6 - 09-10-2017

It'd be great if the Rules link flashed from white to red until you opened it and then scrolled to the bottom of the page (maybe using a cookie?), but I don't know if MyBB would support scripted conditional CSS or if there would be a simpler way to do that.

RE: Suggestions - Petie - 09-10-2017

I've learned that no amount of directing people to the rules is going to work. The ones who are going to read them will do so regardless and the ones who had no intention to won't. I like the idea and I suppose it is something that could be implemented but it isn't worth the effort.

RE: Suggestions - OmniGamerX - 09-13-2017

https://www.spriters-resource.com/custom_edited/pending/gintama/addsheet/
I suggest the image i'm attaching to be the icon for this page.

If this is the wrong thread for pending icon suggestions, please let me know.

RE: Suggestions - Filler - 09-14-2017

[Image: HUivhca.png]

Dunno if it's me, but the new "You must login to comment" box really clashes with the colour scheme of all the other side designs than the Sprites section of the site.

It looks a little glaring, but it might just be me.

RE: Suggestions - Petie - 09-14-2017

It's supposed to - it's effectively an error message and the red is supposed to stand out. I'll give you that it does look a bit better on tSR than the other sites but it is intended to be obvious.

RE: Suggestions - Magma MK-II - 09-20-2017

Say, will the Neo Geo games be moved?

RE: Suggestions - Petie - 09-20-2017

That's a good question. I'll look into it.

Edit:
So after discussing with the staff, we realize that none of us are familiar enough with the Neo Geo to make this call. If you could shed a little light on what makes them distinct enough to warrant moving, I'd be happy to do so though.

RE: Suggestions - Kosheh - 09-20-2017

Surprise! I am!

So the Neo-Geo is a unique system...or pair of systems, rather: the Multi-Video System (MVS) and the Advanced Entertainment System (AES). The big deal about the Neo-Geo is that it truly delivered the arcade experience at home - an example of this would be that you live near an pizzeria with an MVS (the big red arcade cab; you've seen these in an arcade at least once) and they're selling off their Fatal Fury 3 "cart" to make room for King of Fighters '95. You'd give the pizzeria owner the $200 he's asking for and he'd give you basically a humongous cartridge that holds "200 MEGS" with that art and all. You could bring this home and plop it into your $650 Neo-Geo AES console at home, fire it up and you can enjoy Fatal Fury 3 just like you did at the arcades. Plus, because you're running it through the AES, you can change settings originally reserved for the Service menu in an easy-to-access "OPTIONS" menu like you would in a home console game at the time (as well as Arcade, 2P Battle, Training etc.)

The reason the console didn't do so well is because the AES is really a luxury item, if anything: on top of that RIDICULOUS PRICE, at launch, a new game would set you back $200 or even $300. But you'd literally have the arcade experience at home. Like - even in a first-world country, that's a serious investment for a single game EVERY TIME, so you generally would only own a few carts at most and trade them with pals, because they were just that goddamn expensive. However, the MVS was pretty lucrative in an arcade setting plus they were easy as pie to swap out - also, the MVS and AES was discontinued after 7 years of production and software continued to be made for the console for 14 years!

The Neo-Geo CD is basically the successor to the AVS, and has basically the same internals - the only difference is that the game data was copied to CDs to make it less stressful on your wallet. Now it's only $80 for your 1:1 videogame conversion instead of $200~$300 per game! The only downer is that the CD drive read at 1x sooooo it wasn't that well-appreciated by enthusiasts. lol

That said, yeah - there might be redundancy. I'd move the games from "Arcade" to "Neo-Geo/Neo-Geo CD" as they're unique enough to warrant so (as is this situation) and maybe consider consolidating any games that already exist?

Oh! Yeah, also, the NeoGeo was much, much more popular in Mexico because the cart-exchange system was very well-liked by machine owners because they didn't have to shell out massive cash every few years for a new cabinet that only played ONE game. They only shelled out a little for a new game on a machine that could play four!

RE: Suggestions - Petie - 09-20-2017

Okay, so after that confirmation, all of the listed games have been moved to the Neo Geo / Neo Geo CD section (which is now a main console). Let me know if I missed anything or moved anything I shouldn't have.

RE: Suggestions - Magma MK-II - 09-20-2017

Everything looks allright. Also thanks!

RE: Suggestions - Filler - 10-01-2017

Will there ever be an option to turn off special website layouts such as the ones for Halloween, and the winter holidays?

Because as much as I like them, they lose their charm quickly. Though, the Halloween one makes for a nice dark mode.

RE: Suggestions - Petie - 10-01-2017

You have always been able to change the forum theme. Use the drop down at the bottom right or the option in your User CP. All I do is set the default with these theme changes.

As for the Christmas skin on the main sites, that can’t be turned off but it’s much more subtle.

RE: Suggestions - Filler - 10-01-2017

I've been using the forum for quite awhile, and I didn't know this?