The VG Resource
Suggestions - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Main Content (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-103.html)
+--- Forum: Site Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-106.html)
+--- Thread: Suggestions (/thread-25290.html)

RE: Suggestions - Dazz - 09-07-2016

Stealth isn't a genre. It's a theme.

RE: Suggestions - Cooper - 09-07-2016

(09-07-2016, 01:01 PM)Dazz Wrote: Stealth isn't a genre. It's a theme.

Oh, then what would I list the genre under? Adventure or...

RE: Suggestions - Dazz - 09-07-2016

I have no idea because you've not told us what the game is...

RE: Suggestions - Cooper - 09-07-2016

(09-07-2016, 02:35 PM)Dazz Wrote: I have no idea because you've not told us what the game is...

Oh I'm sorry. It's Chicken Run.

RE: Suggestions - Ton - 09-13-2016

How do you guys feel about renaming Beta/Prototype/etc sections and sheets to just "Unused"? That way it all has one keyword, and we don't have to speculate what part in development the unused content comes from and it sounds like a more neutral term. They just didn't use it. We don't know why.

RE: Suggestions - Garamonde - 09-13-2016

I see no reason not to, lol.

RE: Suggestions - Petie - 09-13-2016

That makes sense to me.

RE: Suggestions - TomGuycott - 09-13-2016

I still think the sheets themselves should specify whether it was from a prototype or not just for archiving's sake, but that can be physically on the sheet.

I only say that because sometimes on a prototype there's things that are literally not on the final copy, not just inaccessible. I know that's splitting hairs, but it also prevents confusion. The confusion would only arise in very specific situations though.

RE: Suggestions - Petie - 09-13-2016

I have no problem labeling things accurately if there's a specific reason to do so and we're sure of its source but having a more generic term for everything else could be a good idea along side that.

RE: Suggestions - Ton - 09-14-2016

(09-13-2016, 11:56 AM)TomGuycott Wrote: I still think the sheets themselves should specify whether it was from a prototype or not just for archiving's sake, but that can be physically on the sheet.

I only say that because sometimes on a prototype there's things that are literally not on the final copy, not just inaccessible. I know that's splitting hairs, but it also prevents confusion. The confusion would only arise in very specific situations though.

That's why I thought "Unused" was a pretty good catch-all. It could be beta, prototype, or something dummied out. We just know it's unused.

RE: Suggestions - Random Talking Bush - 09-14-2016

(09-14-2016, 07:40 AM)Ton Wrote:
(09-13-2016, 11:56 AM)TomGuycott Wrote: I still think the sheets themselves should specify whether it was from a prototype or not just for archiving's sake, but that can be physically on the sheet.

That's why I thought "Unused" was a pretty good catch-all. It could be beta, prototype, or something dummied out. We just know it's unused.
But it's not exactly "Unused" if it was used in an earlier version.

I still say we should keep the beta/prototype stuff separate from the actual unused content, where applicable.

RE: Suggestions - Ton - 09-18-2016

New idea: For some games, like the Donkey Kong Country series, we have a lot of stage rips, but not all of them. Because the stages aren't listed in any numerical order, it can be hard to figure out what is missing. Should we add numbers to these games? For instance, for DKC 1, 001 Jungle Hijinxs, 002 Ropey Rampage, 003 Reptile Rumble, etc.
Not sure how we'd label Bonus Stages with the new method, though.

RE: Suggestions - sutinoer - 09-19-2016

Is a good idea i have the some problems, if i rip biggest games. My idea is split to Main levels to Sektions.
Exempel:
Section:Kongo Junge
Sprites :#001 Jungle Hijinks
Sprites :#002 Jungle Hijinks Bonus 1
Sprites :#003 Jungle Hijinks Bonus 2

RE: Suggestions - Ton - 09-19-2016

I think that's too much. Then you have a million little sections and the game gets unweildly.

RE: Suggestions - Filler - 09-19-2016

One minor thing, but I wish the the comments to load after the page is done loading (Like Youtube. Yes, I know Youtube is one of the worst sites to take layout inspiration from), and you hover down to 'em. Because I find games with tons of comments tend to take much longer to load. Great example is the Undertale selection. Comments seem to bog down loading speeds to rather long times.