The VG Resource
Suggestions - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Main Content (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-103.html)
+--- Forum: Site Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-106.html)
+--- Thread: Suggestions (/thread-25290.html)

RE: Suggestions - UltraMario3000 - 01-10-2016

Sweet! When's that?

RE: Suggestions - Petie - 01-10-2016

Don't know yet. There's still a lot to do before we can get back to work on that system.

RE: Suggestions - Partcline - 01-18-2016

'Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon' <-- this game is absolutely lovely and the models look beautiful. Why has this game gone unnoticed for many people?

RE: Suggestions - Random Talking Bush - 01-18-2016

(01-18-2016, 11:19 AM)Partcline Wrote: 'Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon'  <-- this game is absolutely lovely and the models look beautiful. Why has this game gone unnoticed for many people?
Because nobody knows how to rip anything from the game since it uses unknown file formats?

RE: Suggestions - senjen - 01-21-2016

Not sure if this has been suggested but what about a system like the Esrb not like Genre, but the actual rating of a game.

[Image: esrb.jpg]

so people will know what the games are rated, and safe to look at for people who are paranoid about these things?

RE: Suggestions - Petie - 01-21-2016

Generally, the only things that would stand out as possibly not safe to look at are the things we're already categorizing as NSFW. ESRB ratings, which are US-specific besides, I feel would be redundant at this point.

RE: Suggestions - senjen - 01-21-2016

true but Europe has the Pegi System and Japan has the Cero System, it was just a suggestion is all,

question but will we ever have gifs of gameplay as game icons or does that use to much memory for the server?

RE: Suggestions - Petie - 01-21-2016

I'm not saying there was anything wrong with the suggestion (on the contrary, we love getting suggestions for new features), just that it wouldn't work well for a couple of reasons. You gave a prime one yourself - different countries have different rating systems and while we tend to stick with the US systems/names/etc. where possible (since a large chunk of our visitors come from the US), having something that would be meaningless to the rest of the world as a method of categorization would be counterproductive.

As for animated gifs, we will on rare occasions accept an animated gif as an icon but only if it's integral to understanding what the sheet contains. For the most part, and especially if there are a ton them, they tend to be distracting and make the site too busy.

RE: Suggestions - daemoth - 01-29-2016

Ive noticed theres often question about the fact that new sheets needs to be approved by mods and that it can take time. It should be written when you add a sheet or a game. While we're there, there should be links to the sheets guideline, the tutorials and the Sprite Sheet Maker.

RE: Suggestions - Petie - 01-30-2016

There actually is a note at the top of the screen after every submission stating that it has been queued for approval by staff. Links to related resources might be useful but not in the confirmation message. Maybe somewhere on the submit page itself.

RE: Suggestions - daemoth - 01-31-2016

Another little thing, this thread should be stickied/remade in the ripping help section. The information in there is gold.

RE: Suggestions - Garamonde - 02-01-2016

Copied to all Resources and stuck like gum under a bench.

But uhm... since that thread contains tutorials not pertaining to ripping and we don't exactly have a general tutorials forum anymore... What do?

RE: Suggestions - daemoth - 02-01-2016

(02-01-2016, 01:37 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Copied to all Resources and stuck like gum under a bench.

But uhm... since that thread contains tutorials not pertaining to ripping and we don't exactly have a general tutorials forum anymore... What do?

Divide and conquer?
Also, Same thing with this thread. However, the part about submitting the sprite sheets to the appropriate thread and the icons should be updated.

RE: Suggestions - Inthegrave - 03-01-2016

I don't know if this has been suggested before but what if you become a supporter you can instantly upload files?

I have used the Spriters Resource for years, I remember when there was no VG, Models, Textures or Sounds resource. And now I want to give back to the community instead of take,
but the cost of $5 per month on top of other bills is expensive. If instant approval was added I would pay in a heartbeat.

If your worried about abuse, I doubt many people would pay to abuse the system. I know I wouldn't.

RE: Suggestions - puggsoy - 03-01-2016

In my opinion I think instant approval should stay like it is; it's given to people who have proven to consistently upload quality resources and know what they're doing.

I do think that the system could be abused, a donation might not hinder some people who want to go on a huge spamming spree (which would be even worse if this includes revisions). It would also widen the gap between supporters and non-supporters, as this is quite a significant perk (whereas the removal of ads and the other current perks aren't really huge things), which is something we want to avoid. Something like this should be earned, not bought.