The VG Resource
Suggestions - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Main Content (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-103.html)
+--- Forum: Site Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-106.html)
+--- Thread: Suggestions (/thread-25290.html)

RE: Suggestions - puggsoy - 09-03-2014

Awesome. I'll modify the wiki to reflect this.

EDIT: Done.

RE: Suggestions - Vipershark - 09-03-2014

There should also be some sort of way to replace previously uploaded stuff if a better quality one becomes available. Hypothetically, if someone uploads OGGs ripped straight from a game but the creator later open sources the game or something and releases the sound effects as their original .WAV files, the WAVs should replace the OGGs onsite because they are better quality.

...then again, there might already be a system in place for that so if so please ignore me

RE: Suggestions - Dazz - 09-03-2014

There is. At least, sort of, at the moment.

We can edit submissions and have them reappear on the front page if we want, and we're going to implement a Revisions system. Sort of like submissions, except for edits instead. So a user can submit a better sheet for us to approve and replace the old one with.

RE: Suggestions - Mystie - 09-07-2014

Since TMR has a lot of Xbox and Xbox 360 games, and since it's going to be getting a lot of DS and 3DS games, could we have Xbox and Xbox 360 combined as one category, and DS and 3DS combined as one as well? (Once we get enough DS/3DS games to warrant a whole category, that is)

RE: Suggestions - Vipershark - 09-07-2014

It would make more sense to give them each their own categories considering that they're completely separate consoles in different generations.

RE: Suggestions - Mystie - 09-07-2014

True, but PS1, 2, and 3 are all bunched under one category, despite all being from different console gens, so that's why I was thinking that Xbox+360 and DS+3DS could both be the same category.

RE: Suggestions - Koopaul - 09-07-2014

You could have a drop down list when you move your mouse over Playstation that shows PS1, PS2, PS3.

Oh hey I was also wondering why Shantae: Risky's Revenge is specifically under Mobile Phone when it was first released as a Nintendo DSi game? Since it was released for that system first, shouldn't it be there?

RE: Suggestions - Random Talking Bush - 09-07-2014

(09-07-2014, 10:27 PM)Koopaul Wrote: Oh hey I was also wondering why Shantae: Risky's Revenge is specifically under Mobile Phone when it was first released as a Nintendo DSi game? Since it was released for that system first, shouldn't it be there?
It's because the sprites were ripped specifically from the iOS version.

RE: Suggestions - Mystie - 09-18-2014

A list of games placed under "Other Systems" for TMR, TSoR, and TTR, and which systems they should be listed as. Also, games that were cancelled I think should be marked as such:

RE: Suggestions - AuraLancer - 09-19-2014

Mobile thanking returns! Thanks.

RE: Suggestions - Vipershark - 09-19-2014

I've actually been working on that for a while and I haven't announced it officially because as you can see, the button is still buggy.
It works, it just doesn't look good.

I also fixed quoting on mobile while I was at it.

I probably won't do any more with the thanking feature though because we've got some other new stuff coming soon...

RE: Suggestions - Virt - 09-20-2014

I'd suggest making the tMR theme brighter, like with the colors used in the tMR site itself

RE: Suggestions - Zadaben - 09-20-2014

Can we stop making constant changes to this site and just let it be.
Almost nobody had any issues with the old layout.

RE: Suggestions - Petie - 09-20-2014

We didn't change the layout. We upgraded the software. And no, we can't stop doing that. Software updates are a necessary and important part of keeping the site online and secure.

RE: Suggestions - Dazz - 09-20-2014

(09-20-2014, 03:17 PM)Trollerskates Wrote: I'd suggest making the tMR theme brighter, like with the colors used in the tMR site itself

I was in the middle of making the new themes when you looked - it's updated now Smile