The VG Resource
Super Charisma Bros. 7 - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Games Development (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-22.html)
+----- Thread: Super Charisma Bros. 7 (/thread-25278.html)

Super Charisma Bros. 7 - Rystar - 07-03-2014

Welcome to my thread about my absolutely darling little joke game, Super Charisma Bros. 7. Rather than go on in a confusing paragraph of random bits and pieces of info, I'll just do the more sensible thing and organize some FAQs right here:

What is a joke game?
Now, this is probably self explanatory. Matter of fact, I'm not sure why I'm doing this question, but just to clarify: no, a joke game isn't a "trick game" or a "trolling game" or anything like that. A joke game is a game that isn't put together too seriously. It's made with the intent of making people laugh at the wacky jokes, surreal design, or the hilariously bizarre (and often intentionally poorly programmed) gameplay.

What's Super Charisma Bros.?
Ah, good question! Super Charisma Bros. is my own little series of joke games that I've been making on and off since very late 2012 / very early 2013. It's been quite a while since the last one (and a lot has changed since then too), but very recently I've been working on yet another wacky adventure that no one actually wants! :D

Okay, but the 7 thing - that's like, a sequel joke, right?
You would think! Like I said, I've already made a few SCB games, and this happens to be the seventh entry in the series!

Why should I care about this?
If you like to have a good laugh, probably? I dunno, you got me!

Okay, I know about the Super Charisma Bros. games and what not, so that's why I'm asking this question... didn't the people who inspired you to make these games (and help with the odd sprite and soundtrack, as well as appear in the games) stop talking to you for whatever reason?
Unfortunately, yes. What about it?

...are they cool with appearing in this?
They're not appearing at all, for you see: Super Charisma Bros. 7 sports an entirely new cast of characters! That is, save for Dudim, the series mainstay and a weird mishmash of an author avatar and author... pet or... uh, something.

Where can I play the previous games in the series?
Since it probably won't take too much time out of your day, I urge you to go check 'em out in this big all-in-one-wacky-charismatic-fun-pack that I souped up just now! Hooray, truly everyone wins!

Sooo... back to SCB7, what have you got of it so far?
See for yourself ;)

It seems like SCB7 is almost a step back after playing 5 and 6. What happened there?
To be honest with you, I was decidedly not too keen on adding that much polish to these really simple, goofy games; if it weren't for the pressure of certain people fighting for a more refined / 'indie' experience, 5 and especially 6 wouldn't have been so "clean". SCB7 is going to go back to the series' roots, in that sense.

Alrighty then, that looks about complete there! Any questions? Comments? :)

RE: Super Charisma Bros. 7 - Vipershark - 07-03-2014

Post screenshots, please.

RE: Super Charisma Bros. 7 - Rystar - 07-03-2014

(07-03-2014, 09:14 AM)Vipershark Wrote: Post screenshots, please.

...I posted a demo. Right there, potholed in the text "See for yourself".

RE: Super Charisma Bros. 7 - Crappy Blue Luigi - 07-03-2014

gamedev threads are expected to have screenshots so people can see what they're getting into before downloading.

RE: Super Charisma Bros. 7 - Rystar - 07-03-2014

Putting aside the fact that I've seen several gamedev threads that lack screenshots but do have demos or engine tests of some sort, I can't see what's so hard about getting a 2 level demo and finding out for yourself.

But hey, if that's what you want, alrighty then!

EDIT: I feel I should clarify that I'm not saying this out of annoyance, but rather out of genuine confusion - these are joke games, after all XD

RE: Super Charisma Bros. 7 - Omnikariz - 07-04-2014

shit that boss battle was intense

RE: Super Charisma Bros. 7 - Kosheh - 07-04-2014

(07-03-2014, 02:10 PM)Rystar Wrote: Putting aside the fact that I've seen several gamedev threads that lack screenshots but do have demos or engine tests of some sort

the difference is that those games stink

and this one can potentially be great Cool

that said, i feel like i've seen the dialogue in that screenshot somewhere else before.

it's very earthbound.

RE: Super Charisma Bros. 7 - Rystar - 07-04-2014

(07-04-2014, 03:15 AM)Omnikariz Wrote: shit that boss battle was intense

the more king you are, the less not king you are

(07-04-2014, 08:11 AM)Kosheh Wrote:
(07-03-2014, 02:10 PM)Rystar Wrote: Putting aside the fact that I've seen several gamedev threads that lack screenshots but do have demos or engine tests of some sort

the difference is that those games stink

and this one can potentially be great Cool

that said, i feel like i've seen the dialogue in that screenshot somewhere else before.

it's very earthbound.

im the best gaaaaame maker in tooowwwwn~ ♫ ♫

Also, I'm gonna take the dialogue comment as a compliment, since I came up with it myself Tongue

RE: Super Charisma Bros. 7 - Mors - 07-05-2014

O_O

So you're back.

Awesome game. Better than Charisma 6.

Wow.