The VG Resource
Yoshi's Epic Ya-- I mean, Wooly World - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: Yoshi's Epic Ya-- I mean, Wooly World (/thread-25166.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Yoshi's Epic Ya-- I mean, Wooly World - Omega - 06-25-2014

Best Yoshi's from best to worst.

Yoshi island, Yoshi story, Yoshi safari, Yoshi island DS, Yoshi, Yoshi new island, Yoshi touch and go, Yoshi's super duper gravitational gimmick the game.

RE: Yoshi's Epic Ya-- I mean, Wooly World - Eno - 06-25-2014

What was actually that bad about New Island and DS, other than them apparently being kind of bland?

RE: Yoshi's Epic Ya-- I mean, Wooly World - Koopaul - 06-25-2014

Visually bad and lousy music mostly.

RE: Yoshi's Epic Ya-- I mean, Wooly World - Mutsukki - 06-25-2014

(06-25-2014, 06:22 PM)Eno Wrote: What was actually that bad about New Island and DS, other than them apparently being kind of bland?

Artoon/Arzest

I sincerely saw New Island coming the way it did from a mile away (specially after Yoshi Island DS), but at least the backgrounds are pretty nice?

RE: Yoshi's Epic Ya-- I mean, Wooly World - E-Man - 06-25-2014

(06-25-2014, 06:32 PM)Koopaul Wrote: Visually bad and lousy music mostly.

What's ironic about Yoshi's New Island is that the music was composed by Kazumi Totaka himself.

(06-25-2014, 06:56 PM)E-Man Wrote:
(06-25-2014, 06:32 PM)Koopaul Wrote: Visually bad and lousy music mostly.

What's ironic about Yoshi's New Island is that the music was composed by Kazumi Totaka himself.

I can't even begin to imagine Totaka doing a song so shitty as the title screen music in that game (and the map screen), so I did a little search and:

http://www.vgmonline.net/composer-revealed-for-controversial-yoshis-new-island-soundtrack/

Why the fuck there's a Totaka's Song easter egg in the game I have no idea.

RE: Yoshi's Epic Ya-- I mean, Wooly World - E-Man - 06-25-2014

Odd, I thought I read somewhere that he actually did, but what you linked gives me a sigh of relief. Since Totaka has a legendary reputation as a composer, it wouldn't make sense for him to compose the kind of songs he did for the game if it would put his reputation in jeopardy.

RE: Yoshi's Epic Ya-- I mean, Wooly World - MrYoshbert - 06-25-2014

Damn that Artoon. All the more reason why I'm glad Good-Feel is heading up this title.

I think Nintendo ought to just give all future Yoshi games to them, if only so we can one day get a home console Yoshi's Island game that looks like this (considering that they've done Wario Land: Shake It) .

RE: Yoshi's Epic Ya-- I mean, Wooly World - Kazumi - 06-25-2014

(06-25-2014, 07:05 PM)Mutsukki Wrote: Why the fuck there's a Totaka's Song easter egg in the game I have no idea.

I'm more shocked that people actually got the game to find out this easter egg even existed.

(06-25-2014, 08:30 PM)MrYoshbert Wrote: Damn that Artoon. All the more reason why I'm glad Good-Feel is heading up this title.

I think Nintendo ought to just give all future Yoshi games to them, if only so we can one day get a home console Yoshi's Island game that looks like this (considering that they've done Wario Land: Shake It) .

Not just Yoshi give everything to Good-Feel they won me over after Wario Land Shake It (Epic Yarn just made it better). Also they have the composer that did the Goemon games~

RE: Yoshi's Epic Ya-- I mean, Wooly World - Rystar - 06-25-2014

(06-25-2014, 08:30 PM)MrYoshbert Wrote: Damn that Artoon. All the more reason why I'm glad Good-Feel is heading up this title.

Speaking of that, have I ever brought up my wacky idea to remake YI with actual* crayon drawn graphics and all that stuff? You know, Yoshi's Island HD, if that's the picture you gotta picture Tongue

*note by actual I don't mean actually drawing the graphics with real crayons, I meant something more like using MyPaint or some other program to achieve results like that.

RE: Yoshi's Epic Ya-- I mean, Wooly World - Koopaul - 06-26-2014

Wario Land Shake It was a very bland Wario experience. Good-Feel has some problems, their games are extremely easy and have little to no replay.

Yoshi's Island DS was actually okay gameplay-wise. The ability to switch babies was a cool idea.

RE: Yoshi's Epic Ya-- I mean, Wooly World - Eno - 06-26-2014

I really enjoyed Wario Land Shake, even if it was maybe lacking in the Wario-ness expected in a Wario game. I think the aesthetics maybe made me enjoy it more than I normally would this type of game, not to mention the drought of good Wii games around the time it had been released...

Speaking of sequels/spinoffs of Nintendo series' developed outside Nintendo that weren't well received, what was wrong with Master of Disguise? Again, I never played it but the concept didn't look that bad.

RE: Yoshi's Epic Ya-- I mean, Wooly World - Dazz - 06-26-2014

I played this yesterday at a Nintendo event:

It's kinda fun, but pretty much what you would expect, so don't go in looking for anything that will blow your mind. It plays like Epic Yarn did in many ways, but with the added "egg throwing" part. Most levels consist of trying to just find hidden pieces of wool. Co-op is what you'd expect again.

It's alright, but I certainly wouldn't pay full price.

RE: Yoshi's Epic Ya-- I mean, Wooly World - Mystie - 06-26-2014

(06-26-2014, 04:29 AM)Koopaul Wrote: Wario Land Shake It was a very bland Wario experience. Good-Feel has some problems, their games are extremely easy and have little to no replay.

But...but...Shake It had that sexy pirate lady in it...