The VG Resource
Midi's Sprites - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+----- Thread: Midi's Sprites (/thread-23773.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Midi's Sprites - Kelvin - 09-08-2013

[Image: Ee2zWU3.png][Image: YV6bAoi.png]

OK, so here's how the sprites for my game Kyrodian Legends are coming along. First off, some of the platform actors:

[Image: 0qMfwhW.png]

Here's a structure and how it's changed over time:

[Image: YX0GKey.png]

Here's Midi's overworld sprite:

[Image: T18heMR.png]

This is a mockup of what the game will look like. I realize the trees in the back are from Megaman 64. Don't worry, I'm making my own, although I have to admit, those ones do fit pretty well. But I can't use them, so yeah.

[Image: F9g6c7m.png]

I'll post more later, once I've gotten them put together.

RE: Kyrodian Legends Sprites - Kelvin - 09-11-2013

Alright, got some new stuff compiled, so here we go. First off, some side-view elements:

[Image: 1wZLb0M.png]

And here's some buildings and set pieces for the overworld:

[Image: 9Wf6HwQ.png]

RE: Kyrodian Legends Sprites - Kelvin - 10-08-2013

Added some more frames to Midi's platform sprites here:
[Image: Za5J53G.png]

And here's an animation test:
[Image: VmFbTXc.gif]

RE: Kyrodian Legends Sprites - Vinn - 10-08-2013

I feel his legs get too long when he's running.
I think you can improve the tub with shading and not using black lining within the sprite
The table looks too simple to me. All I suggest is a bit more detail.

Goodluck

RE: Kyrodian Legends Sprites - Ton - 10-09-2013

What is the big white thing in the first sheet?

RE: Midi's Sprites - Kelvin - 10-17-2013

(10-08-2013, 07:18 PM)Vinn Wrote: I feel his legs get too long when he's running.
I think you can improve the tub with shading and not using black lining within the sprite
The table looks too simple to me. All I suggest is a bit more detail.

Goodluck
Thanks for the feedback. Here's a new version of the table. I haven't done the tub yet, but I did include some stone pillars I forgot to put in before.

[Image: rDiJacz.png]

Also, thanks for pointing out the leg. I figure you mean on frames 4 and 8 when his knee goes down too low and it makes his leg look like it's stretching. I moved it up some, so hopefully it looks right now.

[Image: TvufCCR.png]

(10-09-2013, 08:20 AM)Ton Wrote: What is the big white thing in the first sheet?
It's a prototype of a robot. The bot collapses into a pod, sort of a cross between the Omnidroid from Incredibles and the sentry turret from Portal.

Also, here's a few things I was messing around with. Haven't done more than a couple frames for each.

[Image: oKr5KyN.png]

First, Twilight Sparkle with a heavier shading than before, cuz what I did with the overworld sprites didn't work so well at this size. I know MLPs don't have selout, and rarely have any shading other than back parts being dark, but I was just experimenting with ponies in KL style.

Then there's Sonic, basically a reshade of the Pocket Adventure sprite with some minor fixes here and there. I was gonna update the whole sheet and then add some poses from modern games so he would fit in with the sprites I found that are all relatively proportional to each other (heightwise, that is).

Next, Pikachu. If you've seen the sprite done by Joshr, you'll know what I used as a shape reference, but obviously, mine is much smaller. I also got the outline colors from his sheet as well, and yes, I'll be crediting him as a reference. This one will also include poses from Smash Bros.

Finally, the Mario Bros. Sort of a mix between the styles of Mario 2, 3 and World with KL shading. They'll have all the poses from Mario 3 Advanced, plus Smash Bros. Poses.

That's all for now. Thanks again for the feedback.

RE: Midi's Sprites - Kelvin - 10-26-2013

[Image: phmndnn.png]
Here's an update on Pikachu. I decided not to make his head shiny cuz it doesn't look like fur to me when it's that shiny. Sonic's an exception cuz he has quills.

RE: Midi's Sprites - E-Man - 10-26-2013

Nice work, friend! The only thing that bothers me is the shape of his body during the first two frames of his run animation. I don't know why, but they look a little off.

I see what you're saying. He looks kind of blocky. I'll get on that.

[Image: IclPf0u.png]
OK, messing around with colors and such, and I think I improved the life meter. The lower one, the new one, seems more readable to me than the upper one. What do you guys think?

RE: Midi's Sprites - Kelvin - 10-27-2013

[Image: s33DOFf.png]
Got bored last night, couldn't sleep, drew a Lucario. Also edited Peach so she doesn't have such a splotchy look, then fixed Twilight's face so her eyes weren't so far forward and added wings and a rearing up pose. For her overworld sprite, I changed the shading style to fit KL and not look so flat.

RE: Midi's Sprites - E-Man - 10-27-2013

I can't see anything else you could do to these current sprites. Well done!

Once you're done with Twilight, maybe you could give the other sprites on the sheet more posses?

RE: Midi's Sprites - Kelvin - 10-27-2013

Yeah, I will. I just can't focus on one thing for very long, so I've gotten into starting several sheets and then working on each one a little bit at a time. Helps keep things fresh for me and I don't sputter out.

RE: Midi's Sprites - Goemar - 10-27-2013

Squirrel dude arm's during his stance look far too perfect right-angle for my liking. The rock platform also seems 'broken' - the top part looks fine the bottom bit makes it look like it's sticking out more than the rest of it - optically jarring.

The other stuff looks good, though the Sonic looks like a heavily edited Pocket Adventures sprite.

RE: Midi's Sprites - McMaxxis - 10-27-2013

Replaying to the last sheet you posted.
I think less colours should be used for such small sprites. They look glossy and toy like right now. Peach's mouth should also be a hotpink or red to make her look more feminine.

I really like the Pikachu though