The VG Resource
Werewolf - A New Hope: Game Thread - GAME OVER - INNOCENTS WIN! - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: Werewolf - A New Hope: Game Thread - GAME OVER - INNOCENTS WIN! (/thread-21348.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Werewolf - A New Hope: Game Thread - DAY 3 - Britt - 09-05-2012

Well we have one less baddie to worry about.

It doesn't really balance out, but there is always that.
As inevitable as it is, bandwagoning should be avoided today.

RE: Werewolf - A New Hope: Game Thread - DAY 2 - Gold - 09-05-2012

Trollerskates Wrote:Vote: Zabadabenabadaba
He was talking very strangely in the TSR IRC chat the other day.

This and the coincidence that he has the word troll in his name is more to go on than anything else I've seen. (Hey crappy blue luigi was a recolour!)
Only other option I see is Mutsuki who was the first one to vote Zaba.
I'm gonna go this way, but if trends lean the other way I'm not opposed to voting for either of these two.

Vote: Trollerskates

RE: Werewolf - A New Hope: Game Thread - DAY 3 - Mutsukki - 09-05-2012

fuck

no seriously, fuck. I was worried about voting one of ours off, shrugging off the idea of voting on zadaben (I was lead by how he addressed torchmaniac's comment, as it could have gone unnoticed by a lot of us) and -fuck- if I had checked the thread before night, I may have had unvoted. Well, at least we can agree that reaching majority should be done.

I'm sorry Zadaben, I'm gonna take a while before I vote this time too.

RE: Werewolf - A New Hope: Game Thread - DAY 3 - Virt - 09-06-2012

My username surely is unfortunate. Sad

RE: Werewolf - A New Hope: Game Thread - DAY 3 - OldMcHeadburger - 09-06-2012

I'm staying with my previous vote from yesterday.

Vote: RedBlueYellow

Based on the fact that I watched the thread last night after night was posted and they checked the thread multiple times and never reacted to the ridiculously terrible night that we had.

Also based on the fact that when I voted for them before, they didn't even bother to defend themselves. I just seems like they are trying to stay under the radar too much.

RE: Werewolf - A New Hope: Game Thread - DAY 3 - Hoeloe - 09-06-2012

I'm still missing a lot of powers. There's not long left in this day.

RE: Werewolf - A New Hope: Game Thread - DAY 3 - redblueyellow - 09-06-2012

@ OldMcHeadburger:

The reason that I didn't reply to defend myself was because Tellis summed up what I was going to say. Although I didn't play in the last game, I followed it and seeing that there wasn't a majority vote until day four seemed like a bad idea.

Also, just a quick question, but when you say "they" who else are you referring to?

Well, might as well get on with this.

Voting Locked

Again, I'll still accept any PMs sent in the next few minutes.

RE: Werewolf - A New Hope: Game Thread - DAY 2 - Sol - 09-06-2012

(09-05-2012, 10:35 PM)Gold Wrote:
Trollerskates Wrote:Vote: Zabadabenabadaba
He was talking very strangely in the TSR IRC chat the other day.

This and the coincidence that he has the word troll in his name is more to go on than anything else I've seen. (Hey crappy blue luigi was a recolour!)
Only other option I see is Mutsuki who was the first one to vote Zaba.
I'm gonna go this way, but if trends lean the other way I'm not opposed to voting for either of these two.

I really don't know if a baddie would start a bandwagon, because the first thing anyone does when it goes wrong is suspect the person who started it. Also, you seemed to jump on that same bandwagon pretty quick, so I'm not sure if your logic is quite sound.

That being said I really, really don't think we should wait on voting anymore.

Vote: RedBlueYellow

Probably too little, too late, but might as well. If we don't vote, we'll lose anyway. Hopefully the remaining seer is sending in a list every night. There is a seer left, right?

Edit: Fuuuuck I step away from the computer for just a bit and votes get locked. :/

I'm afraid I can't count that vote. Not that it would have made a difference. Sorry this is taking so long, I'm writing up the plot post as we speak. A lot is happening tonight.

RE: Werewolf - A New Hope: Game Thread - DAY 3 - Sol - 09-06-2012

(09-06-2012, 05:16 PM)Hoeloe Wrote: I'm afraid I can't count that vote. Not that it would have made a difference. Sorry this is taking so long, I'm writing up the plot post as we speak. A lot is happening tonight.

It's no problem, I understand, haha.

RE: Werewolf - A New Hope: Game Thread - DAY 3 - OldMcHeadburger - 09-06-2012

(09-06-2012, 04:21 PM)redblueyellow Wrote: @ OldMcHeadburger:

The reason that I didn't reply to defend myself was because Tellis summed up what I was going to say. Although I didn't play in the last game, I followed it and seeing that there wasn't a majority vote until day four seemed like a bad idea.

Also, just a quick question, but when you say "they" who else are you referring to?
You. 'they' is the pronoun you use when you want to talk about someone and you don't know their gender.

THE THIRD NIGHT

Voting (Majority 8):

Trollerskates - 1
redblueyellow - 1

"SO, who will it be today?" Hoeloe asked the crowd as they once again settled into the hall.
No-one said anything. A few people looked at each other.
"I understand you're wary because of what happened to Zabadaben, but they are going to beat us if we don't do something about it!"
"...Maybe it's Trollerskates?" Someone said.
"Nah, it's redblueyellow." Came the reply, somewhat half-heartedly. Hoeloe sighed.
"You know how it goes. I can't do anything unless you make a decision. We're rapidly running out of time, you know that. Don't be put off by what happened to Zabadaben. There's still a chance we can turn this around, but not if we don't do anything."
Hoeloe disappeared once more with a burst of white light.

There was no majority, and so no-one was executed.

A lone figure stood on the rooftops. A long black cloak trailed behind it in the wind. There was a glint of light shining off the tiny glass hammer the figure held. There was movement below, and the figure was gone. This was the moment.
Jumping from roof to roof, the dark apparition followed the person below. He was running down a narrow street, smuggling something under his jacket. It looked to the dark figure much like this:

[Image: smk_diddy.png]

As the person turned a corner, the figure jumped down in front of him, and Trollerskates came to a stop.
"Well, well," said the cloaked being. "What have we here?"
Trollerskates flapped his mouth, but no sound came out.
"It looks to me," the figure went on, "that those sprites don't belong to you. Fancy that."
Trollerskates still couldn't speak.
"Well, I suppose there's one thing I can do about that." And the glass hammer swung round and into Trollerskates' head. There was a flash of light, and the hammer shattered. When the light faded, Trollerskates was gone, and the dark figure was nowhere to be seen.

Trollerskates was banned by a mysterious vigilante. He was a Sprite Theif, an evil member who could steal other member's sprites

Meanwhile, OldMcHeadburger was sitting on his own, pondering the fate of the forum. Every day, there were fewer and fewer good members, and the enemy just seemed indestructible. Out of all of them, he was the most willing to act. No-one else seemed to have the guts to do it! He thumped his fist on the table. His mind was made up. He would make them see reason, whether they wanted to or not. He stood up and turned to go.

[Image: YiZu1.png]

"IT'S PINK THE CHAO!"

OldMcHeadburger screamed as the flames that engulfed his eyes spread to the rest of his body. He knew now that he was doomed.

OldMcHeadburger was shown a recolour, and was banned. He was a member, a good user with no powers

Alexmach1 was browsing Spriting Discussion. He had just found a particularly bad sprite, and was finishing up a particularly long and detailed post about it, explaining exactly why it was bad, and exactly what could be done to fix it. He was so engrossed in this, that it took him a while to realise that there was someone standing behind him.

He turned slowly, and was immediately gripped by a horrible sucking sensation. He knew what this was, and tried to cry out, but couldn't find his voice. He snarled and reached for his laptop, but he couldn't reach it. His body began to disintegrate, and he knew he was done for. Shortly after, the figure in his house left, leaving no-one behind.

alexmach1 had his sprite stolen, and was banned. He was the Harsh Critic, a good member who could protect other members from Sprite Thieves

Recolorcool was working on a sprite. He was extremely proud of it. He'd never put so much effort into a single sprite before. It had taken him nearly an entire minute! He finished it with a flourish, and sat back to enjoy his masterpiece:

[Image: pkRj9.png]

"Aww yeah, Blueachu!" He said, smugly, and laughed. So did the person standing behind him.

"You call that a sprite?" They said, very slowly and carefully, "You must be the stupidest person ever."

Recolorcool cried out as his feet caught fire. Black fire. It didn't take long before he was gone, and the grinning person was left alone.

recolorcool was trolled, and banned. He was a Recolourer, an evil member who could show other members recolours

A dark haze spread across the forum. Everyone knew it instinctively. Something had changed this night. And that something was not good...

An alliance shift has occurred. A member has had their role changed!

Night 3 summary:

- Trollerskates was banned
- OldMcHeadburger was banned
- alexmach1 was banned
- recolorcool was banned
- Someone's role has changed

Dawn of the fourth day
11 players remain
Majority:6

RE: Werewolf - A New Hope: Game Thread - DAY 4 - Gold - 09-07-2012

So I'm pretty comfortable laying all of my cards on the table at this point.
I am the mysterious vigilante that banned Trollerskates. My role is Super Mod and my power was to once during the game ban any one player. (Hence the shattering glass hammer in the narrative)
I had a gut feeling that Trollerskates was a baddie but had no 'proof' and was also drawing a lot of attention to myself. When I saw nobody wanted to vote with me I feared that I would be the next voted off or killed and decided to take a risk and rashly use my power. It luckily worked out.
So it might appear that I am making myself a target for the baddies but I'm basically I'm a civilian with no powers now so it would kind of be a waste for them to go after me.
I invite each of you to add me on Skype ( the.gold.box ) so we can all have an open dialogue. I'll be around for a few hours and if I'm not killed off tonight then I'll be around as well.
If you don't have skype feel free to message me in other ways and yeah.
I apologize in advance if this screws over my own team somehow.

That being said for now I think I will
vote: redblueyellow
But I'm open to discussion.

RE: Werewolf - A New Hope: Game Thread - DAY 4 - Mutsukki - 09-07-2012

Oh man, you were pretty suspicious alright! I think I'll go more with your judgement than mine

Vote: Redblueyellow

Come on, we have to reach majority!