The VG Resource
"New" Super Mario Kart [WILL BE UPDATING AFTER IM DONE WITH OTHER STUFF] - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Games Development (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-22.html)
+----- Thread: "New" Super Mario Kart [WILL BE UPDATING AFTER IM DONE WITH OTHER STUFF] (/thread-20760.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: What if Starpower worked on Super Mario Kart?[First Post shows Updates] - Iceman404 - 07-12-2012

I don't like the changes they're making, I heard they've been talking about making everyone play differently, no 2-pairs for each stat and keeping it simple. This means some people will just be outright imbalanced, and P2 will never have a fair chance. I DID read that your friend is going to make a fresh SMK rom with just the graphics replacements though, which makes me happy.

I didn't like his level layouts and the possible changes, no offense Sick

RE: What if Starpower worked on Super Mario Kart?[First Post shows Updates] - Iceman404 - 07-13-2012

Oh the Wario thing you read was just them changing his CPU item to a chain chomp instead of a greenshell. Remember, the alternate patch they're making overwrites Koopa's data. It'd be weird if Wario threw Koopas shells at you when CPU controlled. Chain Chomps sound much more fitting.

RE: What if Starpower worked on Super Mario Kart?[First Post shows Updates] - Raccoon Sam - 07-13-2012

coulda sworn the item tiles were 2bpp but WELP
Looks fantastic either way. I kinda get the same vibes I got back when Super Mario World Redrawn was under development

RE: What if Starpower worked on Super Mario Kart?[First Post shows Updates] - Star - 07-13-2012

@Iceman: OH..thank you for the clarification on that haha. I got it all mixed up apparently.

@Racoon Sam: I just looked that up and man..that's some good eye candy.

I'm a bit picky about a few things from that hack, but overall it is delicious~

RE: What if Starpower worked on Super Mario Kart?[First Post shows Updates] - Koopaul - 07-13-2012

Kind of disappointed about those characters though.

RE: What if Starpower worked on Super Mario Kart?[First Post shows Updates] - Star - 07-13-2012

I am sorry, Koopaul. : / Honestly, there is nothing I can do.

This might lift up some people though..

(note that the speedracer guy is my friend/the hacker who commissioned me)
[Image: Vkmw4.png]
So..if I read this right..that means these sprites are available to the public.

WELP. YOU HEARD THE MAN.
*slaps a certain sticker on the first post*

RE: What if Starpower worked on Super Mario Kart?[First Post shows Updates] - Ton - 07-13-2012

Did you mean to keep the old stuff on there? Tongue

...Y-YEAH. TOTALLY.

RE: What if Starpower worked on Super Mario Kart?[First Post shows Updates] - Koopaul - 07-13-2012

D-does this mean the sheet will be on TSR?

NOPE.

Nah, I kid

Also, updated first post yet again. I'll finish the koopa shell with the missing frames later. I'm thinking about calling it a night.

RE: What if Starpower worked on Super Mario Kart?[First Post shows Updates] - Iceman404 - 07-13-2012

(More like a morning...heh)

Edit: Dat item panel.

The pipe looks sweet too, but it's colors are dark and the top rim is slightly blocky.

You're doing great!

RE: What if Starpower worked on Super Mario Kart?[Thwomps are hell to make] - Star - 07-13-2012

Thank you! I'll light up the colors a bit for the pipe and fix that blockiness,

Added Thwomp. The commissioner wanted that type of Thwomp(the pic of it is in the first post with the sprite)to be sprited.

EDIT:
I'm not looking forward to revamping the logo at all fff

RE: What if Starpower worked on Super Mario Kart?[Thwomps are hell to make] - Iceman404 - 07-13-2012

Just edit the current one with more AA, shinyness, and a new Mario and Luigi. It doesn't need a total revamp.

The speed at which you work is remarkable.

Edit: that thwomp is perfect.

RE: What if Starpower worked on Super Mario Kart?[Thwomps are hell to make] - Ridge Troopa - 07-13-2012

Even if they're classics, I've never really liked the SMK sprites. Half the problem was the ugly colors.

i hate it its not ml
You're doing an absolutely fantastic job on these! The colors and smooth shapes are a ridiculous improvement over the original. Can't wait to see more of this, dude, you rock as always.
The only crit I have is on Yoshi, his cheeks are a little square.

One thing though: You're a seasoned artist so I thought you might know this, but I'll say it anyway: You're aware that commissions for fan-art are technically illegal, right?

RE: What if Starpower worked on Super Mario Kart?[Thwomps are hell to make] - Star - 07-13-2012

(07-13-2012, 05:34 PM)Ridge Troopa Wrote: Even if they're classics, I've never really liked the SMK sprites. Half the problem was the ugly colors.

i hate it its not ml
You're doing an absolutely fantastic job on these! The colors and smooth shapes are a ridiculous improvement over the original. Can't wait to see more of this, dude, you rock as always.
The only crit I have is on Yoshi, his cheeks are a little square.

One thing though: You're a seasoned artist so I thought you might know this, but I'll say it anyway: You're aware that commissions for fan-art are technically illegal, right?
you lil M&L bastard
Thank you, broski! I am glad to hear that you like them so much!
You rock as well my friend.
I'll fix up them cheeks on Yoshi; see if I can round them out a bit. They bothered me, but I could never put my finger on it.

Yeah, I am aware of that. That's the only problem with these kind of things.. <_>